Death zone too hard!!!

Lilrican

It's very hard... and like all the other runs in the game, you just have to crash enough to learn the course and then once you know where you are going, you have to wait for your lucky run.

This one was one of the toughest for me. If I wasn't ahead of Griff before dropping down the hole, I started over.

That and the section after the very first big jump with the suit seemed to be critical for me.

After that, it's just trying to put it together. I must have done it dozens of times. when I finally got to the chopper before him I couldn't believe it.

Yes on the plat.. Its one of the badges to beat Griff on all of them. Death Zone was by far my worst.

Oh.. and Death Zone is a 3 minute race... not sub 2 min.

Edited by Gretty

It's very hard... and like all the other runs in the game, you just have to crash enough to learn the course and then once you know where you are going, you have to wait for your lucky run.

This one was one of the toughest for me. If I wasn't ahead of Griff before dropping down the hole, I started over.

That and the section after the very first big jump with the suit seemed to be critical for me.

After that, it's just trying to put it together. I must have done it dozens of times. when I finally got to the chopper before him I couldn't believe it.

Yes on the plat.. Its one of the badges to beat Griff on all of them. Death Zone was by far my worst.

Are you referring to the badges required to get the Golden Campaign trophy? I did not complete the Death Zone and I still got the trophy. As far as I know, you only need to do this to unlock Griff (if you didn't shell out the 50K credits to unlock him in Explore or Global Events). I found that course extremely annoying as well. I just left it alone to work on other badges. I may go back to it just for the heck of it.

i learned this track in about half an hour. I grew to love this track, its def one of my favourites. first part is easy, in the darkness, just stay to the right, there are no holes there. Then the next part just keep it simple, once you are on the wingsuit parts, try to get into tricky, the last part just boost too the finish, and dont forget to jump too the heli :)

sub 2min is def possible, check out this run (the game was 4 days released) you can skip the darkness section ( i tried it but i always fell into a death zone, maybe they fixed this with the patch) my time on this track is about 2.44, tricky score 18 mil, decent 27.xxx meter if you would like to know :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlrdZgCNtg4]SSX - Making a joke of Lhotse - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by beek

I don't believe sub 2 min is possible anymore.. I wasn't counting glitching the game when I talked about this run. I don't know if they patched this specific area or not, but you are not meant to be able to jump over mountains.

People use this sort of exploit to post times online.. which is why they made the effort to do away with it.

Another reason why people left this game in droves. People don't want to compete with stuff like that for the most part. imop.

I can assure you it is possible if you check the current race global event on death zone you will find my name and my ghost in the diamond bracket with a time of 1:55. I did not use any glitches.

(using a wing-suit to the best of you ability is not glitching or an exploit its a wing-suit and tbh you jump over no mountains on death zone just glide around them)

also as note i was not aware you could wing-suit over the mountain i just wing-suit down the hole and right through the cavern plus its quicker anyway.

Edited by ff8fanatic

I'm sorry but thats not true.

I can assure you it is possible if you check the current race global event on death zone you will find my name and my ghost in the diamond bracket with a time of 1:55. I did not use any glitches.

(using a wing-suit to the best of you ability is not glitching or an exploit its a wing-suit and tbh you jump over no mountains on death zone just glide around them)

also as note i was not aware you could wing-suit over the mountain i just wing-suit down the hole and right through the cavern plus its quicker anyway.

I believe you and also agree that using the wingsuit is not glitching nor cheating. Check out this legitimate run 2.01

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiBeD414rlo&feature=related]SSX - Death Zone: Lhotse Race It! In 02:01.09 - YouTube[/ame]

I was talking about that video that was posted.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the "Entrance Exploit" patched out as well. They probably just hadn't seen it yet. They don't intend for you to wingsuit through the cavern... that's what I term an exploit.

The reason they patched the game to limit wingsuits is because they just didn't think of it in the first place. People started exploiting the suit to go and fly places you were not intended to. Those are times that people should not have to compete against.

The second video you posted was a good run though

Edited by Gretty

The wingsuit was meant to bridge the gaps in the track, not disregard the track. That's why they put the walls in with this latest patch. Like I said though, since it's actually on the track, not out of bounds, they may not do anything with the entrance thing. That's just my opinion on it. I don't think they intended you to suit from the entrance and bypass all the crevass hazards.

In any case the designers if allowed to continue to work on updates will decide what they want to allow and what not. Players will decide what they will compete against and what they wont. The seperation between the two, usually has a big part on how long the online portion of a game is successful.

after all is said and done even without using heavily using a wingsuit this is still a very easy track for example you can bypass all the crevasses in the cavern just by taking the right hand path anyway making your argument kind of invalid something like onestep ahead might be considered a hard track but not deathzone.

as note i do land a couple of times within the cave you cant just glide through it in one wingsuit jump

• 1 month later...

Hmm I remember this being annoying but I eventually got it. I think most ppl (including myself lol) are just really super impatient. For the most part I think a lot of us want to play games with as few playthroughs as possible. Basically why these sites exist and why over time guides have evolved to include road maps so players can get plats in the most efficient and optimizes way.

The problem with this SSX I find is that, more so than previous games (as far as I can remember at least with regards to the ps2 games) this game has a tendency to not just encourage multiple retries, it basically requires them. It isn't like the old games because you can wipe out or get stuck an then just reset and continue on your way. Whereas in this game it forces you to restart. If you wipeout. It's game over essentially. = restart. If you get stuck. It's also basically game over. Sure, you can rewind but rewind is virtually useless because you lose too much of a lead when it comes to races or even trick events. The only point of rewinds is for the "survive it" events. Which im(not so)ho aren't really all that fun. Sure gliding in a wingsuit is kinda neat. But other than that survive events are kinda boring because you don't really race thru them (unless it actually includes a race). So you basically move as slow as you can to survive as long as possible and that seems counterintuitive to what the ssx series was originally about. i.e. speeding down a mountain trying to beat your competition and/or pulling off outlandish tricks along the way.

With that all said. Most of these tracks are beatable. It's just the matter of having the patience to sit thru multiple runs to learn the track and/or leveling up and earning credits to unlock better gear, boards, and mods to beat em.

Ste

Edited by whenthetidalhits

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm having a bunch of problems right now with this last track on World Tour, I'm sure I'll get it eventually but damn.. I swear its like Griff has god damn boost on at all times... Ugh lol.

And im sorry but... The argument above...

Lol, Gretty, the definition of an Exploit in gaming is the ability to use a glitched/hacked/broken piece of a game to progress quicker/easier in a way that was not originally suppose to be possible through the way the game was produced and coded in the first place. It has nothing to do with a specific skill intention unless the intention is to abuse something in a game that wasn't produced to be there...

The fact that ff8fanatic is skilled enough on that track that he can Wing suit through the cavern (which btw is damn awesome, I have tried doing this and it isn't easy lol, i keep hitting the walls or roof) doesn't mean he is "Exploiting" anything.

I'm sorry but... Using the wing suit to cut corners or glide over a said part of the track is not "unfair" or an "exploit" ... It means that people know the tracks/maps really well and know exactly where to deploy the wing suit for effective ways to play the track. Saying that is an exploit (whether its a personal opinion or not) is like going on CoD and seeing some Die Hard player obliterating everyone cause he knows the map so ridiculously well, It looks like he is exploiting cause no one can touch him but in reality its just cause he is THAT good lol. The creators of this game made the game on an obvious Down-Hill physics system making it physically possible to glide over a large area of the map, the creators aren't oblivious and they know the physics of their game. If they never intended to have people do that in the first place they would put out "invisible walls" to hit on the outer areas of the track making it impossible to just fly over something.

And I just wanna point out, I'm not generally siding with anyone or attacking anyone.. its just.. That side of the argument isn't exactly logical. Its just an expressed opinion which ff8 was clearly not arguing for in the first place. He was just saying that Death Zone is easy and it probably is once you practice it enough.

:rolleyes: Lol

Edited by Lyrikk

If the above post was true then game companies would not waste tons of money to patch exploits like they did with patching out the ability to wingsuit out of a game.

If the game designers patch it out becuase they don't want people doing it, it's an exploit.

They put in invisible walls so you can't do this on certain tracks, where you could before.

Don't really care much, they really messed this game up early on and it's pretty much a dead thing now sorry to say. I really liked the game itself, but the multiplayer fiasco has ruined it.

If the above post was true then game companies would not waste tons of money to patch exploits like they did with patching out the ability to wingsuit out of a game.

If the game designers patch it out becuase they don't want people doing it, it's an exploit.

They put in invisible walls so you can't do this on certain tracks, where you could before.

Don't really care much, they really messed this game up early on and it's pretty much a dead thing now sorry to say. I really liked the game itself, but the multiplayer fiasco has ruined it.

Lol.. That first video was a Glitch, for whatever reason the game made it possible to go through the ceiling of the mountain itself if you managed to get over top of the mountain, yes thats an exploit and yes I agree it isn't fair for people to use that to get awesome scores that are otherwise unbeatable online. Which is clearly why they patched that over (if they did, not sure).

What I was actually talking about was ff8 there saying he wasn't using that glitch at all, he was gliding through the cavern so he could bypass the pits in the cave. If someone is skilled enough to effectively dive into the cave and glide through the cave then more power to them lol.

I can definitely see how that might not seem "fair" to you or anyone else that can't do that (and trust me, I have no idea how he is doing it, i keep hitting walls/roofs lol). But honestly, if he practiced that track enough to do that effectively then we don't have the right to say he is exploiting or what he is doing is unfair until what he is doing is actually exploiting some kind of glitch.

And also when i was talking about the Invisible Walls thing I was stating the argument were it was said it isn't fair to utilize the Wing Suit to glide over area's or cut some corners. Like for example when on a mountain kinda has an S-Turn way to it that if you were snowboarding on it it would generally take longer to get through so instead someone jumps off the high end of that and just wing suits over it. If that was never intended by the developers they would have made impossible to do that in a way where your forced to actually tend to the S-Turn itself. But I will agree that the game has some messed up portions to it that could have been avoided by EA Sports but i think this game was more or less just slapped together.

All I'm saying is there is exploiting, then there is actual skill at a game. Its best to know which one is which before pointing fingers at people.

Edited by Lyrikk