XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > SSX

Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretty View Post

Oh.. and Death Zone is a 3 minute race... not sub 2 min.
I'm sorry but thats not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff8fanatic View Post
I can assure you it is possible if you check the current race global event on death zone you will find my name and my ghost in the diamond bracket with a time of 1:55. I did not use any glitches.

(using a wing-suit to the best of you ability is not glitching or an exploit its a wing-suit and tbh you jump over no mountains on death zone just glide around them)

also as note i was not aware you could wing-suit over the mountain i just wing-suit down the hole and right through the cavern plus its quicker anyway.
I believe you and also agree that using the wingsuit is not glitching nor cheating. Check out this legitimate run 2.01
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

I was talking about that video that was posted.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the "Entrance Exploit" patched out as well. They probably just hadn't seen it yet. They don't intend for you to wingsuit through the cavern... that's what I term an exploit.

The reason they patched the game to limit wingsuits is because they just didn't think of it in the first place. People started exploiting the suit to go and fly places you were not intended to. Those are times that people should not have to compete against.

The second video you posted was a good run though

Last edited by Gretty; 04-10-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Gretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

why wouldn't they want you to wing-suit through the tunnel you can wing-suit through Africa caverns if you so wish

video has some similar-ish lines to my race

Last edited by ff8fanatic; 04-10-2012 at 01:18 AM.
ff8fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

The wingsuit was meant to bridge the gaps in the track, not disregard the track. That's why they put the walls in with this latest patch. Like I said though, since it's actually on the track, not out of bounds, they may not do anything with the entrance thing. That's just my opinion on it. I don't think they intended you to suit from the entrance and bypass all the crevass hazards.

In any case the designers if allowed to continue to work on updates will decide what they want to allow and what not. Players will decide what they will compete against and what they wont. The seperation between the two, usually has a big part on how long the online portion of a game is successful.
Gretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

after all is said and done even without using heavily using a wingsuit this is still a very easy track for example you can bypass all the crevasses in the cavern just by taking the right hand path anyway making your argument kind of invalid something like onestep ahead might be considered a hard track but not deathzone.

as note i do land a couple of times within the cave you cant just glide through it in one wingsuit jump
ff8fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

You don't need this for plat though, right??

I gave up on it after a bit as I was getting frustrated (this and Africa w/o rewinds really suck), but then read through guide and couldn't see that I needed it. Anyone confirm?

My PSN is ~ Larsen_Bee

Toughest Platinum: Wipeout HD

Toughest PSN 100%: The Last Guy
kargorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kargorath View Post
You don't need this for plat though, right??

I gave up on it after a bit as I was getting frustrated (this and Africa w/o rewinds really suck), but then read through guide and couldn't see that I needed it. Anyone confirm?
You don't need it for the platinum
Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stface View Post
You don't need it for the platinum
Thanking you.

My PSN is ~ Larsen_Bee

Toughest Platinum: Wipeout HD

Toughest PSN 100%: The Last Guy
kargorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hmm I remember this being annoying but I eventually got it. I think most ppl (including myself lol) are just really super impatient. For the most part I think a lot of us want to play games with as few playthroughs as possible. Basically why these sites exist and why over time guides have evolved to include road maps so players can get plats in the most efficient and optimizes way.

The problem with this SSX I find is that, more so than previous games (as far as I can remember at least with regards to the ps2 games) this game has a tendency to not just encourage multiple retries, it basically requires them. It isn't like the old games because you can wipe out or get stuck an then just reset and continue on your way. Whereas in this game it forces you to restart. If you wipeout. It's game over essentially. = restart. If you get stuck. It's also basically game over. Sure, you can rewind but rewind is virtually useless because you lose too much of a lead when it comes to races or even trick events. The only point of rewinds is for the "survive it" events. Which im(not so)ho aren't really all that fun. Sure gliding in a wingsuit is kinda neat. But other than that survive events are kinda boring because you don't really race thru them (unless it actually includes a race). So you basically move as slow as you can to survive as long as possible and that seems counterintuitive to what the ssx series was originally about. i.e. speeding down a mountain trying to beat your competition and/or pulling off outlandish tricks along the way.

With that all said. Most of these tracks are beatable. It's just the matter of having the patience to sit thru multiple runs to learn the track and/or leveling up and earning credits to unlock better gear, boards, and mods to beat em.

Ste

Last edited by whenthetidalhits; 06-06-2012 at 05:48 PM.
whenthetidalhits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Lyrikk

Yeah I'm having a bunch of problems right now with this last track on World Tour, I'm sure I'll get it eventually but damn.. I swear its like Griff has god damn boost on at all times... Ugh lol.

And im sorry but... The argument above...

Lol, Gretty, the definition of an Exploit in gaming is the ability to use a glitched/hacked/broken piece of a game to progress quicker/easier in a way that was not originally suppose to be possible through the way the game was produced and coded in the first place. It has nothing to do with a specific skill intention unless the intention is to abuse something in a game that wasn't produced to be there...
The fact that ff8fanatic is skilled enough on that track that he can Wing suit through the cavern (which btw is damn awesome, I have tried doing this and it isn't easy lol, i keep hitting the walls or roof) doesn't mean he is "Exploiting" anything.

I'm sorry but... Using the wing suit to cut corners or glide over a said part of the track is not "unfair" or an "exploit" ... It means that people know the tracks/maps really well and know exactly where to deploy the wing suit for effective ways to play the track. Saying that is an exploit (whether its a personal opinion or not) is like going on CoD and seeing some Die Hard player obliterating everyone cause he knows the map so ridiculously well, It looks like he is exploiting cause no one can touch him but in reality its just cause he is THAT good lol. The creators of this game made the game on an obvious Down-Hill physics system making it physically possible to glide over a large area of the map, the creators aren't oblivious and they know the physics of their game. If they never intended to have people do that in the first place they would put out "invisible walls" to hit on the outer areas of the track making it impossible to just fly over something.

And I just wanna point out, I'm not generally siding with anyone or attacking anyone.. its just.. That side of the argument isn't exactly logical. Its just an expressed opinion which ff8 was clearly not arguing for in the first place. He was just saying that Death Zone is easy and it probably is once you practice it enough.

Lol

Last edited by Lyrikk; 06-06-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Lyrikk is offline   Reply With Quote