The Gold Miner Trophy Glitched!! :(

RFC2007

I have been playing SSX pretty constant since release and have been edging closer to Platinum. This is already a hard enough achievement due to the stupid Bandwagon Badge, but it has now been made a complete impossibility for me.

I needed one badge to complete the Explore section, which was 'Place 15 Geotags which are never collected'. I got this yesterday, but somehow the trophy (The Gold Miner) has never appeared, and still shows up missing in the trophy list!!

I am now left with a 0% chance of Platinum :(

Anyone else had any similar experiences with trophies not unlocking??

Would I be able to copy my save data to USB stick before deleting it, then after completing explore again (hopefully gaining the trophy), delete again, and copy my old save back across??

Is this what I have to do, do you know??

It'd certainly save alot more hassle, although its already a bloody hassle as it is lol. Just dont think I could handle starting the whole game from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...

This glitch has happened to me too! Exactly the same, the last badge was the 'place 15 geotags' one, and I never got the trophy!

I'm absolutely gutted, has anyone found a way to get this to work, or is it really a case of deleting my data and starting again?

:(

• 1 month later...

I know it is not exactly the same problem, but in a way it might be:

My trouble was with the Gear Pack (S): Get all Team SSX Members to Level 2/4/6.

After some boarding and some grinding :p I got ALL my SSX Team Members to Level 6! :dance:

It showed so when I could select my rider for a descent.

Yet, NO BADGE popped up!??!? :confused: And hence NO trophy... :(

I was stunned (in a bad way) and just continued playing and thinking what I could do and how to solve it.

And, I believe the next day, the Badge suddenly popped!!?! :applause:

And with that my (S) !!!

:D

So maybe this gives you some hope to keep on boarding and not (yet) restart from scratch... :o

Edited by gecko_nl

Uhh great, I just got this, came on to see 84 ghost wins and 2 diamonds, was quite pleased... then I find that the 50 ghost wins was the last for the explore trophy and it didn't pop up. My immediate thought was that it would only pop up after the end of an explore event like some other badges/trophies but nope, didn't work... still gonna play on since there's nothing I can do as it's a trophy not a badge. If I restart, from the looks of how many people are having the problem, chances are it'll just happen again. Hope they fix it soon.

So, did we all get our last badge from when you were away? Trying to think of what went wrong, since clearly it didn't glitch for everyone

----

Edit: I emailed Todd Batty directly about this and got a reply!

Thanks for the heads up Chris and I'm very sorry this has happened to you.

I will have our engineers look into it next week for sure.

Cheers,

Todd

A ray of hope perhaps, though I'm not sure how they'll go about fixing it for people who have already suffered the glitch. I know there are various other more important glitches popping up lately so we'll just have to be patient and see :D My worst fear is that it's a problem on Sony's side and they can't help, or something.

Edited by Light-and-magic

has anyone gotten this trophy since reports of the glitch? this seems really disconcerting. i wonder if, whatever changes they made to the global events has somehow had this unintentional side effect?

ive been working on the explore events, but now im really worried about this glitch, and i wonder if i should just stop playing the game until a solution has been found. -_- which kinda blows because i prefer to concentrate on one or two games at a time rather than stopping in the middle of a game, cuz chances are, i wont go back and finish it. or when i do go back, its a pain to have to relearn how to do everything or remember where i left off (at least in the case where the game has some kind of single player campaign with a story).

Ste

has anyone gotten this trophy since reports of the glitch? this seems really disconcerting. i wonder if, whatever changes they made to the global events has somehow had this unintentional side effect?

ive been working on the explore events, but now im really worried about this glitch, and i wonder if i should just stop playing the game until a solution has been found. -_- which kinda blows because i prefer to concentrate on one or two games at a time rather than stopping in the middle of a game, cuz chances are, i wont go back and finish it. or when i do go back, its a pain to have to relearn how to do everything or remember where i left off (at least in the case where the game has some kind of single player campaign with a story).

Ste

I thought at first it was something like that, but then I realised the first post in this thread was back in March, and many people have got the trophy since then. Personally I'm continuing and even setting scores everywhere in explore. I just hope I'm not putting too much misplaced faith in them fixing it.

I thought at first it was something like that, but then I realised the first post in this thread was back in March, and many people have got the trophy since then. Personally I'm continuing and even setting scores everywhere in explore. I just hope I'm not putting too much misplaced faith in them fixing it.

what worries me is that this might be the type of problem where you cant fix it for ppl who got the problem. that it might only be fixable for people who havent run into it yet. -_-

that would really suck. the only case where it might be fixable for everyone, is that these stats are server side saved. very few games are like this tho. in most cases i think it was multiplayer online related stuff, which makes sense, since most likely those stats are stored server side. i cant remember what games do this off the top of my head. most games check your game save on your console. again makes sense, as most single player campaigns can be played offline, so it prob makes more sense to store trophy stat info locally than on a server (which would require you to be online, at least to sync that data).

i suppose i could try backing up my game save every now and then. but ugh, i shouldnt have to do that extra work just to avoid a glitch -_-

Ste

I know it is not exactly the same problem, but in a way it might be:

My trouble was with the Gear Pack (S): Get all Team SSX Members to Level 2/4/6.

:o

I have this problem right now. All lvl 6 and no badge. Also Im convinced the peak a boo trophy is glitched, have played MORE than 1 GE on each peak, no trophy :(

I have this problem right now. All lvl 6 and no badge. Also Im convinced the peak a boo trophy is glitched, have played MORE than 1 GE on each peak, no trophy :(

which characters did you get to level 6. I had a similar issue but once I did another race for Kaori (my main character for level 10) it popped

You have to make sure you've played as each character in EXPLORE atleast once since they've got to level 6. If you leveled them up to level 6 via GEs or (I think) World Tour, it won't progress towards the badge

• 2 weeks later...
You have to make sure you've played as each character in EXPLORE atleast once since they've got to level 6. If you leveled them up to level 6 via GEs or (I think) World Tour, it won't progress towards the badge

Sorry for such a late response but this badge just appeared randomly tonight.

It actually appeared while I was doing the world tour (beat griff with 6 chars) badges.

I guess world tour does count, just GE's dont.

The badges are glitchy as fuck tbh...just did all 9 descents with no rewinds and that badge is on 88%....

Edited by MCStorm

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to report, i got my platinum about a week or two ago.

based on stuff i had read here and other forums/stuff i googled, i left the badge for getting a gold medal in all events in one mountain range for explore mode last.

i had gotten all my other trophies, and gold miner was my last one. i backed up my game save, just in case, but dont even know if that would matter either way. fortunately, it did not glitch on me. i only needed two badges left for the gold miner trophy. that was having 50 of my records remain standing after being challenged by rivals/friends, and getting gold in every event in one mountain range.

one thing i noticed. the last few trophies i needed for platinum popped up really slowly. i was scared that my game glitched on me. stuff like tag team pass teh baton, leave no man behind, gold spender, and gear pack all popped up kinda slow like there was a minor lag/delay after completing the task i needed to get the trophy. not sure why. odd thing is, before that, i got peak-a-boo and that one popped up right away, right after i completed the last event i needed for that trophy. o.O"

really weird. but i was slightly freaked out. fortunately, gold miner popped up (again, after a small delay) along with my platinum.

So... i dont know if it helps, but maybe saving the badge for getting gold medals in all events on one range might be a good idea. in some of the things i read, ppl seemed to have had problems with the rivals badges and the geotag one.

for the geotags, i purposefully chose oddball events, as the guide suggested, in areas that require equipment. then, i would fall off the course relatively near the beginning, in areas that seemed like they would be difficult to get to, and then id try to leave the tags as close to the bottom as possible. i also used that one glitch for falling out of the map, just to see it. but by then, i had already got my badge from previous tags i left.

after that, the only thing left was having my records withstand rival challenges. i guess i am somewhat (?) fortunate, in that my actual friends on my list, who were playing the game, had pretty much all stopped. since i didnt want to add any randoms, i just logged onto my bfs account and used his account to fail against my records. :p

once i logged back into the game, after the while you were away... updated, i got my badge, and then i got my trophy and platinum :D

in any case, best of luck to the rest of you who may run into this problem. at least we know it is still possible to get the platinum, so it isn't entirely glitched for everyone. :-\

Ste

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I got the glitch after my geotags expired and I received my last badge. The trophy didn't pop so I played an event in explore but still no trophy. So I quit the game to XMB then re-entered the game and it popped when I got to the menu. Hopefully this works for others with the same issue :)

I just had this happen to me and followed this advice and it popped when I restarted the game :D.