Rate the trophy difficulty...  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.60

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the actual difficulty is very low, based on skill and friends and whatever, but the real thing that's going to stop people from getting the platinum is the Bandwagon Badge (Play with 50,000 other riders). Other than that it's more of a grind, you have to play with nine characters until they're all level six, you have to get a medal with each, play a Global Event on each slope, etc. You just have to dedicate your time to the right parts of the game for the platinum.

I'd say 6/10.

Hang on........

I dont think anyone should be voting on this yet. For all we know, the Bandwagon Badge might not be possible.

This game could easily be a 10 dificulty, and here is why:

Serenity, the most popular online event, still has less than 40,000 participants after 6 (out of 7) days. Now i know that this is still early (as for most of those 6 days, people didnt have the game), but here is my point- A game is played significantly more straight after release. I would expect this number of participants in events to start to reduce in the next couple of weeks (particularly when other big titles are released, ie- mass effect 3).

Serentiy MAY hit the 50,000 mark, but i fear that might be it (maybe 1 other after that?). As soon as the game begins to get quieter, and it happens very very quickly, this trophy will become impossible.

If 99% of a games trophies are easy, its still the other 1 that determines its dificulty. Only those people who are playing in the next week or so stand any chance of getting the platinum unless the devs change something.

the same thing happened with Modnation, and the stupidly high xp trophy. After a couple of weeks, only 1 person had the trophy. So the DEVs changed it, and multiplied all xp by 10. After this, only a handfull of people had the trophy, and anyone playing after that didnt stand a chance.

Edited by Melia

Not going to vote yet. The bandwagon badge may actually make this game impossible to platinum.

I actually thought there would be 50,000 participants this week but it doesn't seem that it's going to happen. Next week the majority of people are going to be playing Mass Effect 3 so I highly doubt we'll see 50k next week either.

This game will become much harder (if not impossible) to platinum the longer that it's out.

Waiting to see if 50k people get into one event isnt going to change what i rated it. If it doesnt happen, thats bad luck and unfortunate. My parts done and it surely wasnt difficult. The rest is up to the masses. 5. :rolleyes:

I voted a 6. The deadly descent trophies can be rather challenging but can be done with some practice. A few badges (namely getting gold on every track in a range) are also somewhat difficult depending on your skill level. But overall it isn't all that hard if you are a SSX veteran like myself :D

I'm pretty confident in getting the 50k badge because the game has only been released in the U.S. Once the people in Europe get the game Tuesday we should get the trophy no problem

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

No one should have voted. Only one person in the world so far actually has the (P), and they're not even on PS3T.

Technically, you don't need to have the platinum to vote...

But I do agree that due to the nature of some of the badge/trophy requirements people should hold back their actual votes for the time being.

I gave it a 7. The campaign is really forgiving and for the death drop trophies the only real hard one is cold.

The badges are the harder part. As some of them take a bit of skill. Some of the only badges like getting platinum and diamond or whatever aren't hard to boost.

Time is needed, but nothing a dedicated person cannot get over. But skill is for sure needed.

Cheers, Brrnout

• 3 weeks later...

I voted a three.

Its annoying at first put once you get a character up to level 10 and you get some Legendary or Rare Gear you breeze through the events. The get gold in a range is annoying but Alaska is the easiest.

Decent game. Worth $60? No, but it was one of my favorite series on the PS2 so nostolgia got the better of me.

Great soundtrack, in my opinion.

Voted a 7. The game is easy to pick up, difficult to master. Plat doesn't require you to master the game, but you have to get very good. Most of the harder to get badges are skill based or time-commitment based. This is no weekend plat.

Of course, this is all assuming 50k riders is achievable in the future.

Voted a 4. It's not too hard. Only thing I thought would be challenging was getting gold on every run on a mountain range, and that isn't too bad if you find the right one. All I have left is to grind out a few of the global events badges and collect a few geotags and I'm done. It's somewhat time consuming, but not difficult.

For me it is a 7-7.5 (second vote for begginers, not including the issue with 50K badge). I really got annoyed about achieving all golds in one mountain range (hated the game during Alaska avalanche trick runs) and finally finished this trophy in Antartica, after several tries in 2 events (one race and longhorn trick run). For the rest, it is an easy and enjoyable platinum, luckily they didnt put some more difficult badges because these ones require just dedication and no crazy skills

I'm going with a 6. While most of the trophies are insanely easy, getting all of the badges will require a bit more skill than the average player has. I guess for Veterans this could be a 4 and for newbies this would be an 8. I'll go with 6, as an average.

I was also one of the lucky few that recieved the Bandwagon Badge, I have now gotten the Plat. I voted a 7 due to the fact that the Bandwagon might not be obtainable for much longer and also the Gold medal on every run in 1 range was quite frustrating. Other than that the Plat was a piece of cake, but still I think 7.