Will Platinum be impossible? (50K riders)

PlatinumGuns

All of the trophies seem pretty straight forward but there's one of the badges that actually worries me - compete in a Global Event with 50,000 people. We're in the week of release when the majority of people play a game and as of right now, only 30,000 people have competed on the 7-day Serenity challenge which ends in 2 days and 12 hours.

I think it might hit 50,000 riders this week but do you guys think we'll ever see an event hit more than 50k?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about this, since most of the server's population seems to be on that one course in the Himalayas, what if I just started a run then made my guy come to a full stop and left him there, if 50k people was hit while he was in the run would the Medal pop? Or does it have to be when you join?

UGH I know. Only two days left and it takes out most of one of those days. I really don't see how they're going to hit 50k. Maybe we should all start getting on sub accounts and doing it.

I thought about posting that myself :p This one might actually hit 50k, its going up 100-300 ppl everytime i check it and it was 33335 last i checked.

This is a big problem...SSX very well might be unobtainable now.

Through Friday to Saturday, it only went from around 29,000 to 35,000.

It's only at 36,266 on Sunday right now, 43 hours hours remain.

Xbox 360 version has already passed 50,000.

However, thanks to Sony's weekend :facepalm: outage/maintenance, that will significantly cut out primetime NA/EU hours from being able to rack up more players on this event.

It's stated that the downtime is from 12PM Pacific to 2AM Pacific, but they state "approximately" so that's loose and could be more or less.

So, the hours that really remain are probably under 30.

43 hours remaining

Minus 14 hours (or more) for downtime

= 29 hours

29 hours, a lot of it when NA/EU is sleeping and Monday...

I doubt that next week's event will top the numbers on this one, simply because that 36,247 is being composed of many, many people who just rented the game or will only play it the first week then trade it in, return to their rental service, or get bored and play something else (Mass Effect 3 anyone?). Perhaps EA will give a time extension, but I doubt that. These events are probably pre-set to end at a certain date and cannot be edited.

Edited by zeociko

33365 players on Serenity right now..but it doesn't help that PSN is going to be down all day tomorrow.

the psn maintenance has me more concerned about a global event i entered for a 1 million drop cost. sunday is last day it is up and im in the platinum bracket that pays out over 6 million. if i turn it on on monday and i was knocked to gold bracket i might lose it. gold bracket gives a little over 1 million barely covering cost of the drop and i only beat guy in gold by a few seconds. :francis:

^Who cares about a random Global Event? You can go and play those anytime in the future.

(And Credits kind of don't mean much since you can buy them and also earn them pretty fast in other ways.)

What about Serenity Trick It ending without 50,000 and SSX Platinum becoming permanently unobtainable?

Edited by zeociko

I haven't confirmed this, but I might have found a way to get those numbers up faster.

Go to the event, get to the character select screen, and back out. It will auto-save.

You'll notice the game doesn't update the total in real-time, only every 10-15 seconds.

There might be a chance those are being counted towards the total. If we can get a lot of people entering/re-entering, it might hit 50,000 quicker.

Edited by zeociko

^Who cares about a random Global Event? You can go and play those anytime in the future.

(And Credits kind of don't mean much since you can buy them and also earn them pretty fast in other ways.)

What about Serenity Trick It ending without 50,000 and SSX Platinum becoming permanently unobtainable?

buying credits are for losers and platinum is far from unobtainable. people need to relax numbers will go up in time. if they do not im pretty sure they will lower the requirement. similar thing like this happened with battlefield: vietnam. xbox dwarfed ps3 and unlocked a map weeks before dice just gave it to us. obviously the circumstances here are a little different, but that is just an example.

The Badge (Bandwagon) is most likely hard-coded into all versions of the game to be 50,000...I don't think that number can be changed.

edit: Yes, possibly a patch would change that, but the thing that seems more likely, if anything were to change, is a time extension on an event.

The only thing that could be changed is the time for the events (which also might be just scripts running them pre-determined time allotments, the maximum allotment being 1 Week, which won't help since nothing is going to surpass this first launch week, next week perhaps but not counting on it).

Also I'm not saying buying Credits with real money is the only way, there's other ways to do it that's faster and surpasses 6 million much before days-long event payout would.

Edited by zeociko

It's easy, just find an event with 50k, it shouldn't be too hard. I haven't found one yet but I'm sure later on when more people have the game I will.

Why are you so sure it's "easy"? The huge influx of NA/EU launch week so far has only accumulated to around 37,000 with one day remaining.

There's a chance it could hit 50,000 next week (the last realistic week I'd say) but with the attention span of most gamers (trading it in, returning to rental service, playing something else) and Mass Effect 3 this week that's doubtful.

The Badge (Bandwagon) is hard-coded into all versions of the game to be 50,000...I don't think that number can be changed.

The only thing that could be changed is the time for the events (which also might be just scripts running them pre-determined time allotments, the maximum allotment being 1 Week, which won't help since nothing is going to surpass this first launch week, next week perhaps but not counting on it).

Also I'm not saying buying Credits with real money is the only way, there's other ways to do it that's faster and surpasses 6 million much before days-long event payout would.

Are you purposefully being ignorant or are you just trolling? It's not "Hard-coded" it can easily be manipulated through a patch, and the number can be changed. Take skyrim patch 1.4 for example, if your theory is correct, all those bugs were "hard coded" and could never be fixed, yet they were. Even so, it's just a damn trophy. If they fix it great, if they don't OH WELL. Play games not trophies.

It's easy, just find an event with 50k, it shouldn't be too hard. I haven't found one yet but I'm sure later on when more people have the game I will.

uhh. Your theory is that more people will play the longer a game is out? Not gonna happen. But hopefully the influx of JP players on the 7th will kick it up a few thousand?