XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > SSX

Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stface View Post
It only counts unique riders.
thanks. another question. most likely a super dumb and obvious one. do you have to unlock all the mountains/peaks in order to participate in those events online?

for example, what if there was an event going on in peak 2. but i just started the game, and i am only in peak 1.

or are all peaks accessible from the start?

obviously, i havent played the game yet. i recently bought it, but i prefer to focus on one game at a time, while im playing stuff. so i dont get too confused or forget where i am story wise (currently just started ac: revelations).

but after reading about this, just briefly, while browsing thru the forums, im worried that this will be really difficult to get. -_-

Ste
whenthetidalhits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #392 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whenthetidalhits View Post
thanks. another question. most likely a super dumb and obvious one. do you have to unlock all the mountains/peaks in order to participate in those events online?

for example, what if there was an event going on in peak 2. but i just started the game, and i am only in peak 1.

or are all peaks accessible from the start?

obviously, i havent played the game yet. i recently bought it, but i prefer to focus on one game at a time, while im playing stuff. so i dont get too confused or forget where i am story wise (currently just started ac: revelations).

but after reading about this, just briefly, while browsing thru the forums, im worried that this will be really difficult to get. -_-

Ste
All global events will be available as soon as you finish the tutorial. So you don't have to unlock anything to play those. Some events have a buy in, but the big ones that get 50k riders are usually free to enter

Last edited by gh0stface; 04-11-2012 at 05:51 PM.
gh0stface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #393 (permalink)

which trophies are the hardest to get ( requires other people). When is the earliest I can get them. I'm very confused with the 50k rider one. Pls explain a bit stupid today.
cameronneil101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #394 (permalink)

I gather there's a badge for riding in a global event with 50K+ participants, but there just aren't that many people actively playing the game on PS3. But I gather they bump the population with bots, so it is achievable (in theory).

You find out about global events through the game easily enough.

Check out Extreme Golf for the iPhone.
InfiniteStates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #395 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I haven't got the game yet so obviously missed the opportunity to get that silly badge.

Could someone please post if theres another event where it may reach 50k and I'll jump in on it.

Last edited by stedaman; 04-18-2012 at 05:10 PM.
stedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #396 (permalink)

your best bet is to join 7-day, free global events. I got the badge early so I haven't paid much attention to the event sizes since then, but I think some of them still hit over 50K regularly.
AnthroEmesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #397 (permalink)
vix

Batty said in the chatroom last night that there will always be a weekly event that reaches 50k but he didn't elaborate beyond that.

http://www.katamariontheweb.com
vix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #398 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Ok got the game and the best I can find was a 2 weeks event in the Alps, currently at 20k people with 3 days left...will they up the numbers with bots?
stedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix View Post
Batty said in the chatroom last night that there will always be a weekly event that reaches 50k but he didn't elaborate beyond that.
who is Batty?

i am in the same boat as the last poster (not vix). i joined the alps event last sunday. it's been 7 days, and there are still only around 22,000 riders. the event ends in 2 days and 6 hours.
saparm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #400 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saparm View Post
who is Batty?

i am in the same boat as the last poster (not vix). i joined the alps event last sunday. it's been 7 days, and there are still only around 22,000 riders. the event ends in 2 days and 6 hours.
Todd Batty is the Creative Director.
blackfalc0n is offline   Reply With Quote