Rate the trophy difficulty  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.73

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

Went with a 4. Some of the target times leave a very, very narrow window for error. Couple that with rather dodgy controls, makes a few levels tough. I don't think I was ever more than 10 seconds under the target time.

That said, none of the levels are very long to replay, and once you have maxed out your weapons and shield, the rest of the objectives are pretty easy.

Even though the graphics were pretty crappy, and the gameplay was quite repetitive, I still enjoyed the game . The collective is certainly better than the sum of the individual parts. Definitely not worth more than $20 though.

Edited by diskdocx

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going with a 4.

I breezed through some levels while others were really frustrating. The time requirements gave me more trouble than anything else. I finished most levels with less than five seconds under the Spyhunter Pro ranking requirements.I had to replay a few levels to fulfill the damage requirements, but they were nowhere near as bad as the times you need to make on some levels.

The incocnsistent check points were the biggest source of my frustration, though. Most times when you drive into the semi during a mission it activates a check point and it's really frustrating when it doesn't. Other times you just get a random check point in the middle of the road.

Game was decent, but don't buy it for $40.00

This says it best. I would feel better about buying this if I had only paid $20.

• 1 month later...

Just finished this game. This game is really cool and I cant say any bad words about spy hunter. I gave it solid 4 for platinum. There were some tricky challenges on receiving pro rank. So you need good skills to pass them without big problems.

May be this game a little bit shot, but I like this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted a 3....some of the challenges like the time or damage were difficult but nothing rage worthy like a modnation or little deviant rage fit. I found it to be a decent game but nothing worth purchasing. I would say this put me back around 10-12 hrs of play time for the plat. All I have left are playthroughs for the points trophy which is getting annoying. They should have just made it the amount of points to upgrade all the weapons...now I am just spamming the screamers level OVER and OVER and OVER

*JUST GOT THE PLAT- if you need extra points for dolla bill...use SCREAMERS and use rail gun/rockets to rack up accuracy points to add on so you can get up to 14-15K per game and it shouldn't be too much longer after you have all the trophies...took me 6 or less extra games to get it to pop.

Edited by knoxville363

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna go with a 4. Not the easiest game but not a hard game. When I messed up it was usually because of a glitch like getting turned around in a cutscene or flipping end over end after going over a jump.

I think I got lucky on that Screamers level because some of those vehicles were right under my truck when they blew up and they didn't do any damage but on all the other attempts I had on that level I was blowing up the screamers while they were still a good distance away and they'd still manage to do damage to my truck.

I paid $20 for this game and I don't regret it. I wanted this game for some time but was waiting for a price drop. I feel like this should've been a $15 psn game because it's definitely a shitty quality budget title but I still found some fun in it. Although after getting Spy Hunter on about half the levels I was kinda tired of the game and wanted it to be over. Had I read the guide first I would've save myself a bit of hassle because I would've known what the Black boxes and enemy comm vehicles were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Voted 3 too. Completed in 14 hours and 30 minutes.

I'm very bad at racing games! Achieving Spy Hunter Pro would have been hard if all requirements were to be met at the same time. Since it was not like that, it was quite easy. To get the Time target, I used the Cloak ability. To get the damage target, I used the (guess what?) shield ability. Also, when aiming for the damage objective, I used to slow down a lot. When finishing the 22 missions, 4 of them I already had spy hunter pro... Plat # 36 :dance:

Only sad thing, for a 2012 game, to have text instead of speach during the game was quite poor... But anyway, it was a good time...

Go get it boys & girls!

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 3 as well !

Not a hard one to platinum, I got a lot of pro status at some mission at first try ... usually when I missed it was just because of time and/or damage. At first playthrough, really focus an communication and black box, not hard to do so ! (the eye on the screen to get the black box count :))

It wasn't a good game, but not a pain to play neither ... just have some little play session for not being bored to quick (1 hour max, as a mission is very quick to play)

Don't remember my final time for platinum, but it didnt took forever for sure !

And because I took that game to a friend, it woud be bad to not take an easy plat like that one ^^

I didnt regret to play that one until platinum :)

EDIT : And just to mention, don't know if it was just a coincidence, but I got "Consummate professional " (pro status on all mission) and "Dolla dolla bills y'all" (the 150,000 Research Points) at exactly the same time !

Edited by seblegamer

• 2 weeks later...

Voted a 4 myself. Officially I'm somewhere between a 3 and a 4 myself, so I'm not entirely comfortable with that vote, but oh well.

Reasoning: A good 50% of the trophies should pop with 0 effort and of the rest, 30% should pop if you're simply mindful of them. The last few however, will take some work and while the game is more gracious with the 'Pro everything' trophy than it needed to be, some segments of the game were quite challenging; namely the times. While a few levels were a breeze, most time based challenges I sneaked by by the skin of my teeth; mere seconds if not hitting the time exactly. The 'disarm 3 bombs in 40 seconds' was also somewhat of a bear; I only finally managed to get it having taken EXACTLY 40 seconds.

My few frustrations aside with the trophy clean up are contrasted by the fact that the plat only took me 8 hours total to do which is pretty freakin' fast, so a 3 seems just as valid as a 4; the few frustrations I had just dragged it up a notch.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 4.

It's not a very difficult or a very long platinum, but it can test your patience as the game is rather buggy and initially seems borderline impossible until you max out some weapons.

Some pro objectives require a bit of trial and error and the time requirements on some objectives leave little to no room for error. The black boxes are also a hassle to collect and seem to disappear near instantly sometimes before I can even scan it to collect.

Also expect a short grind to get the required respect points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll rate this as a 2. It requires little skill or grinding.

The only reason it's not a 1 is because the screamers had me stuck for half an hour. Otherwise I was shocked how easy this one is compared to the average platinum.

Onto Persona 4 for me!

• 2 months later...

I give it a 4. Some of the campaign levels were challenging for me as I for some reason didn't unlock the shield until like 90% of the way through. The most annoying part of the game that adds unnecessary difficulty it that the game will randomly go to a short cut scene if you destroy and enemy and even in some cases of scripted cut scenes where afterward your car gets turned around or rams into a wall or something. This makes some of the challenge times harder to get. After unlocking the shield and upgrading the game does become significantly easier but quite a few of the target times are really tight. I was usually able to achieve the time during the second playthough with a few exceptions but I was usually only under by a second or two and had like 5 levels where I had the exact time required. The game was a lot funner then I expected although it did get tiresome at the end when I was going for all the pro ranks and I didn't get enough research points so I had to grind them for 45 minutes.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Voting 3. It wasn't hard as much as tedious - I got Spy Hunter Pro first time through on a lot of levels (or 3/4 requirements), but replaying the ones I didn't get it on leaned on the annoying side. Constant unskippable cutscenes or slo-mo that ruined my driving (crashed me into walls at places) is really bothersome.

There were probably only 2 or 3 levels that were annoying. Deforestation, Bait, and if there was another, I forget the name. Screamers turned out to be easy, actually.

• 1 month later...

I voted a 4, but it 's a SOLID 4 in my opinion. Like has been said, most of the trophies are so easy it's silly, but some of the time requirements are borderline infuriating. Not only do you need a perfect run to get a handful of them, some of the cutscenes while driving (I'm looking at you, Bait) WILL spin you out or crash you for no reason.

However, I found that the Cloak is a godsend for getting the times down. Also, be sure to swap your Swarm for the 50 Cal on the missions you have to follow enemies w/o harming them. Also, the mines are FAR superior to the flamethrower.

All in all, I rather enjoyed it. Yes, it looks bad. Yes, it's pretty cheesy. But if you can get it for $10-$15, you won't be disappointed.