General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 7 months later...

I just got this game from Gamefly but refuse to put it in my Vita until I see a trophy list. I don't want to play a game with a grindy plat or a stupid ad-hoc multiplayer trophy. So can someone please be the guinea pig and play this game and sync your trophies to a trophy card site :)

I got it today thanks to Future Shop's Trade 1 Get 1 deal. I think the trophies will be relatively easy except for the grind to get "Pro Spy Hunter" on each level. I've done about 10 levels so far and I have no idea what it'll take to get that rating.

EDIT: You have to beat an armor threshold, completion time, destroy the comm. vehicle, and collect the black box to gain the Pro Spy Hunter rating. I don't know if there'll be tips found later on but right now it's hard as hell to get even 2 of the 4, let alone all 4 on the same run.

Edited by ggdude

I got it today thanks to Future Shop's Trade 1 Get 1 deal. I think the trophies will be relatively easy except for the grind to get "Pro Spy Hunter" on each level. I've done about 10 levels so far and I have no idea what it'll take to get that rating.

EDIT: You have to beat an armor threshold, completion time, destroy the comm. vehicle, and collect the black box to gain the Pro Spy Hunter rating. I don't know if there'll be tips found later on but right now it's hard as hell to get even 2 of the 4, let alone all 4 on the same run.

Yeah this trophy is gonna suck. I figured out the easy way to get the comm vehicle & black box but its gonna be a bitch to get the time & core bonuses on some levels. It also remains to be seen if the black box & comm vehicles save or if you have to get them every time through. But worry fellas I'm on the case.

I just got this game from Gamefly but refuse to put it in my Vita until I see a trophy list. I don't want to play a game with a grindy plat or a stupid ad-hoc multiplayer trophy. So can someone please be the guinea pig and play this game and sync your trophies to a trophy card site :)

Done. I guinea pigged for you and the list is now up. No multiplayer trophies at all, including no Ad Hoc! :applause:

Hey, I got it on that promo too! You must be Canadian....:think:

Their list is pretty decent - Lollipop Chainsaw is still on it, and on sale at Best Buy for $19.99, so you can basically buy that and trade it for the equivalent of getting Spy Hunter for $20 new. Which IMO is about the right price, this is not worth $40.

Yeah this trophy is gonna suck. I figured out the easy way to get the comm vehicle & black box but its gonna be a bitch to get the time & core bonuses on some levels. It also remains to be seen if the black box & comm vehicles save or if you have to get them every time through. But worry fellas I'm on the case.

So I can CONFIRM that the requirements accumulate independently. I managed to get the armor and time bonus in the training mission, and have just gone back and got the Comm Vehicle. Once you have achieved one of the bonuses, you get a permanent gold medal next to it, and a 1000 point bonus. So, theoretically you could do each run separately and get Pro cumulatively.

The training mission level is also a great place to farm a number of trophies. I got Conscientous Objector, Share the Wealth, Shocking and Not a Scratch easily on that level.

I should note that the point rewards are ONE TIME ONLY. At least on the early levels, you get 1000 points for finishing the mission, and another 1000 for each of the bonus requirements, for 5000 points total. Once you have been rewarded the points, you cannot get them a second time, even if you repeat the requirement.

So, at least initially, gaining points will be a slow process. I suspect that the 150,000 point trophy will be gained around the time you get Spy Hunter Pro.

And, what the hell do the Black Boxes look like, and how do you get them? 8 missions in, and I haven't yet found one? :think:

Edited by diskdocx

And, what the hell do the Black Boxes look like, and how do you get them? 8 missions in, and I haven't yet found one? :think:

Ok, I actually clicked the manual icon and it says how to get the black box. :o During some "bigger" crashes, you should see an item fly out that's outlined in green. When you see this, tap the Eye icon to investigate it. You should see "Black Box Investigated" or something like that, then finish the level and it's yours.

And I live in Edmonton. The Future Shop 1 for 1s are so good of a deal that I feel they're scamming me in some way.

Ok, I actually clicked the manual icon and it says how to get the black box. :o During some "bigger" crashes, you should see an item fly out that's outlined in green. When you see this, tap the Eye icon to investigate it. You should see "Black Box Investigated" or something like that, then finish the level and it's yours.

And I live in Edmonton. The Future Shop 1 for 1s are so good of a deal that I feel they're scamming me in some way.

There's a manual icon?!?!?!:eek: Guess I should pay more attention in class :whistle:

Do you know if this only happens once per level (ie, I have to destroy a certain vehicle), or is is any crash?

I live just outside Toronto. Although I tend to do most of my gaming purchases at Best Buy, and with Reward Zone their games are typically $10-20 cheaper at launch, BB sucks for trades. Given that the two stores have the same parent company, it perplexes me how different their pricing can be. Almost always FS has way better trade in deals. The past 3 months I have gotten, for free with trade ins, Gravity Rush (Infamous 2, which was free for Plus anyway), Transformers FoC (Lollipop Chainsaw + which I bought new for $40 at BB and had platinumed + Saints Row 3, which I bought used for $20), and Borderlands 2 (Gravity Rush, which I had previously gotten for free + DiRT Showdown which was $40 new at BB and I had platinumed).

Now this was free, and I traded Batman Arkham City - I had the game from launch, but hadn't yet played, so I grabbed the GOTY edition, currently on sale at BB for $29.99 and traded by launch edition. I think the DLC on the GOTY edition would have cost close to $30 alone if I had kept my original version and purchased on PSN.

There's a manual icon?!?!?!:eek: Guess I should pay more attention in class :whistle:

Do you know if this only happens once per level (ie, I have to destroy a certain vehicle), or is is any crash?

Yes there will be one every level in random cars, sometimes you get lucky and the comm truck has the black box so you kill 2 birds with one stone. Everything you said about the Pro rating is true as well which is a god send. Some of the levels are impossible to Pro rank until you have fully upgraded your car. Its still gonna be tough to get Some Pro ranks but the fact they all save individually makes it 100 times easier.

Aha nice seeing all these Canadians in here who know about the FS promo. I couldn't find enough information on this game so I did a T1 for Just Dance 4 instead because I figure it'll be on the list of eligible trade titles for awhile and I can use it for the better games coming out at the end of the month and in November. Spy Hunter looked terrible from the 2 videos or whatever that were available for it and I wasn't sure about this Spy Hunter rank trophy so I passed on it.

How's the game so far? Worth a play?

How's the game so far? Worth a play?

It's not worth $40 but if you can get it for $20 or trade in a $20 game to get it, I'd say it's worth it. I'd say the plat will take around 15-20 hours with the need to go back and get Pro on all the levels. All of the other trophies will come naturally just by playing through the story.

I'm hoping Silent Hill: Book of Memories is on the 1 for 1 deal and I REALLY hope I can trade in Spy Hunter for it.

It's not worth $40 but if you can get it for $20 or trade in a $20 game to get it, I'd say it's worth it. I'd say the plat will take around 15-20 hours with the need to go back and get Pro on all the levels. All of the other trophies will come naturally just by playing through the story.

I'm hoping Silent Hill: Book of Memories is on the 1 for 1 deal and I REALLY hope I can trade in Spy Hunter for it.

Silent Hill will have a Trade 1 deal but it looks pretty terrible to me. Not at all a Silent Hill game, looks more like a shitty Dead Nation.

The reason I didn't get Spy Hunter was because I didn't want to risk it not being on the trade list. I figure since Just Dance 4 is the best selling dance franchise in the world it was much more likely to be on the trade in list than some crap vita game that should've been $10.

This was a simple plat. I got it in about 10+ hours. Needless to say the King was 1st as usual.

Picked up Spy Hunter today at FS (another Canadian ;)). About to start it up. Anyone figure out how to get Spy Hunter rank yet? Do you need to get each objective in one run or just to complete them all?

No need to get them in one run, the requirements can be spread out between runs. I should have a guide up soon :)

Edited by M-Easy

This was a simple plat. I got it in about 10+ hours. Needless to say the King was 1st as usual.

No need to get them in one run, the requirements can be spread out between runs. I should have a guide up soon :)

:applause:

I would have been, but spent the day playing Derrick the Deathfin instead. Was first on Yourgamercards to 100%, but did it on the wife's account. So technically, she's first in the world :eek:

Now get that guide done King :whistle:

Picked up Spy Hunter today at FS (another Canadian ;)). About to start it up. Anyone figure out how to get Spy Hunter rank yet? Do you need to get each objective in one run or just to complete them all?

I did answer this waaay back on the first page....:whistle:

So I can CONFIRM that the requirements accumulate independently. I managed to get the armor and time bonus in the training mission, and have just gone back and got the Comm Vehicle. Once you have achieved one of the bonuses, you get a permanent gold medal next to it, and a 1000 point bonus. So, theoretically you could do each run separately and get Pro cumulatively.

The training mission level is also a great place to farm a number of trophies. I got Conscientous Objector, Share the Wealth, Shocking and Not a Scratch easily on that level.

I should note that the point rewards are ONE TIME ONLY. At least on the early levels, you get 1000 points for finishing the mission, and another 1000 for each of the bonus requirements, for 5000 points total. Once you have been rewarded the points, you cannot get them a second time, even if you repeat the requirement.

Edited by diskdocx