Anyone else hurt themselves playing this game?

GuapoPogi

After 2 days of Gladiator Duels, I am so sore I can

barely move my right shoulder. I kinda gave the

game an all or nothing approach, and swinging the

controller nearly seamingly non-stop for hours on

end Mon - Thurs, has me so sore that I was not

able to play last night, or this morning. I know it

has some to do with my insistance in getting all

3 stars in a match before I move to the next. I

think I played Boomer, in the silver cup match at

lest 15 times, but could not get any closer than

85 points shy of 3 stars.

GuapoPogi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ugh, I know what you mean, after playing a few rounds of gladiator duel I feel like my shoulder is about to pop out. I had a really frustrating time in the Gold cup until I found the secret. I think it's unfair that you can't block most of the attacks from the CPU in gold cup and they are really fast to block and then attack the crap out of you. But the little secret helped beat the enemies without detaching my arm, lol. :p

I've spent 12hours playing this game this weekend and finally got the platinum. All i can say is that my muscles are KILLING me. My right arm and back are so tender The disc golf and bocce are a nice break after throwing your arms around like a mad man in gladiator.

And yeah, archery sets my right shoulder muscle on fire when im holding it outstretched for each 90seconds match haha.

I'm getting more toned ripped playing this game than going to the gym.

Sports champions and proteins shakes = best combination ever

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

After a little over a year of not playing this game I came

back to at about two weeks ago. I managed to get all

135 stars available in Archery, once again I seem to have

hurt myself in the damn Gladiator Duels. I'm up to 88

stars but my goal is 100. Can someone tell me what the

secret is to 3 staring the computer in Gold Cup?

GuapoPogi

After a little over a year of not playing this game I came

back to at about two weeks ago. I managed to get all

135 stars available in Archery, once again I seem to have

hurt myself in the damn Gladiator Duels. I'm up to 88

stars but my goal is 100. Can someone tell me what the

secret is to 3 staring the computer in Gold Cup?

GuapoPogi

simply? successful parries with your weapons. it's all written in the guide during the introduction: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/sports-champions/69083-trophy-guide.html

• 1 month later...

If your looking to build muscle then this game is for you. This game is fun sometimes and it hurts your arms. I love playing archery but damn does it hurt to steady your arm. Ping pong and Gladiator both have the same effect hurting your arm swinging at the screen the whole time. Bocce, volleyball, and disc golf doesn't hurt as much (depending how you play with volleyball results may vary). But yea this game is quite the workout.

But yea this game is quite the workout.
well only if your going for the platinum. and obviously a person is doing that because they're a gamer. im just not sure im going to see a sports champions work out in muscle magazine anytime soon. i will concede though that playing for this plat will definitely produce a sweat and certainly will feel like a physical accomplishment has been achieved in addition to the digital accolades..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

About TT, The CPU is good at making me angry. I think it is much better not smash all the time, cause you will found the CPU is tougher than you think that it can hit back your smash very quick, making your arm more sore and tiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing this game, at least events like TT, Duel, and the VB challenge, certainly get my upper arm/shoulder sore after a long session. It feels the same as if I went out and played catch, making many long or hard throws.

I wouldn't call it much of a workout though, it's about equal to a walk or maybe just a stroll with some of the events. Well, it's certainly much more active than a non-move video game, and there have been times when I've decided I just feel like sitting and relaxing some so don't play. Gladiator Duel can be really rigorous though, especially before I figured out it was more about timing blocks than just swinging faster, harder, more :)

As to hurting myself, not really, but my kids have accidentally smashed each other or their own hands while dueling. Luckily no controller yet tho (knock on wood). They swing like crazy when playing that game, and of course both drift closer to them middle now and then...

• 4 weeks later...

This game is a real workout :"D As people said above me it depends on the sport u play but gladiators fight , archery ( especially this X_X ) , volleyball sometimes my arms and shoulders hurt , but for the gladiators fight it's a real exercise , I would definitely suggest this to people who want to train and play at the same time :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I Platinumed this game last April, but I recently decided to go back and Platinum it on a secondary profile that it was accidentally installed on. I am up to 96% needing just the Bocce and Gladiator Duel Challenge Mode trophies for the Platinum again. I have managed to make my whole body sore this time. I am so looking forward to getting the Platinum on this profile so I can pack up all this move shit and get it out of my way. I miss CoD Zombies, they don't cause muscle pain and other body aches. Maybe tonight I can get 1 or both of those trophies done.

GuapoPogi

I got both of the trophies I needed last night. Now this crappy game is Platinumed on both on my profiles it was installed on. I had the Move system back in it's box and stuffed in the storage closet within ten minutes of getting the Platinum. Now I will never need to play the game again.

GuapoPogi

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...