Gladiator Duel Tips?

xstevenvx

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any tips. I'm stuck on the gold cup against the baseball chick I was doing good for a while but against her I just get destroyed. I've been using two move controllers and tried a strength,agility and speed,accuracy character.thanks in advance for any tips :D

Try waiting for her to swipe at you...as long as it's not the leg sweep move she does...then dodge left and strike her on her left leg under her shield. If you use enough power you will catch her off balance and knock her to the ground.

Then do a jump move and make sure you swing as hard as you can down while you are in the air. That will knock off at least 300 damage on her.

Always swing HARD.

You can use those tips for most fights...except for Champions Cup rounds...they are just too fast. I got tired after beating the first 2 and haven't tried again.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Docbouch, your tips worked very well.

I used one controller, and as soon as the opponent would start swinging, I would backup, then quickly swing towards the opponent (avoiding the shield). With this technique, I never use my shield and got to the 5th game in the championship cup!

• 1 month later...

Im done with the champions trophy but what I found was that the Boxer gal, with the low end mace was the best combo for me. It has a long reach and you can reach out and touch the opponant easily. On Brooklyn and other several low sweep attackers, head bashing is the main attack. Others, high attackers, Dallas, the basketball dude, Conner, leg sweeps work best.

Also, after the jump attack, do a head strike on most low strikers as they get up off the ground. It will add another 200 to 300 points of damage. On high strikers, side step and low sweep.

As stated elsewhere, bash and sweep, then jump attack works well. Then block and then attack works well too.

On jumpers, Belle and Kenji, back off of them, let them jump and move one way or the other 2 times and then upper cut them while they are in the air to launch them! Works great!

I cant figure out how to run up to someone, how to do the twirl attacks or any other special moves.

Would love any tips!

DB

Edited by DBowersox

• 2 years later...