Soldner-X 2 Final Prototype Definitive Edition

revenge #2 trophy, idk how, tried everything

Dirty Deagle Meat

I've tried all the different cars and videos idk what to do:confused:

its getting so aggrivating, the best i've done was with the hanzo with a mix of drifting and not drifting. missed the trophy by .01 seconds, but i can't even get that close again, i'd love to do it by smashing every wall like the guy in one of the videos but that sure the hell don't work for me unless i'm not good at slamming walls or something idk. i really dont even know what to ask for advice but just start laying it on me people please i'll try everything a shit ton of times cuz i have already following the videos but they really dont give any advice. there is one turn that gives me problems sometimes, its the one after the i-beam falls down and you pass the straight away toward the left turn right b4 going up the hill toward the silos. well that left turn going up the hill. I just can't slam into the wall and pop off like the guy does on youtube and sometimes i can catch it real tight on the left in the dirt and get the boost but only every great once in a while and i'm really not even sure how i do it. if i would have done that turn tight to the left the time i missed by .01 i would of platinumed by now but i screwed up a tad bit somewhere in that run.

ive been reading others posts about this trophy and from the info i got from there didnt help me.

i think if someone can explain how to make the drifts shorter but still on trajectory and how to come out of them faster and how to get the boost exactly then i'd probably be able to do it.

anyone just start throwing ideas and strategies my way please

im hoping bouncing different ideas around ill find the easiest way to do it.

thanks in advanced anyone

Well done on getting the trophy!. I got mine last night after weeks of trying. The strange thing is i watched the video too and found it more of a hinderance than helpful unlike Beat the Team 1 video. I spent so much time watching the time on the bottom and not concentrating on the track. In the end i just went for it, then ping, then lots of yelling, punshing the air,shouting out the window, kissing the dog ( wishing i hadnt done that bit god knows what he had been eating) etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried it with cobretti and got 1:17:68 and platinum. Kept r2 held down all the way and just jabbed the left stick quickly to stop any drifting, like 4 jabs a corner, hit walls etc then just released the gas on and off around the last area where you can use the shortcut in main game. Hope this helps as I now have no hair left.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Easiest way is to use the 530gts and just turn hard, no braking and just hit the walls, I tried it 3 times to see it it was a fluke, NOPE!!! got 1:17:68, 1:17:54 and 1:17:82. the "rooster teeth" youtube tutorial for this acheivement has alot of people saying exactly this in the comments. Check it out

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvQn5HscIBU]YouTube - Split/Second: Beat The Team II: The Revenge Achievement Guide[/ame]

• 1 month later...

I finally did it :applause:

I wouldn't class myself as being the best racer... far from it but this has to be one the toughest trophies I've done. I literally scraped through with a time of 1:17:99

This was after trying for what have must have been like for hours and hours, I didn't think I was ever going to get it.

I was hitting all the split times in the video but always ended up messing up the final turn into the home straight.

Glad thats over though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I agree with you all that the Hanzo FX350 is the one. And drifting through every corner is the way to go! The GT12 is crap on this track for me! Kuddos for the people who can achieve the trophy with this one!! After hour on hour trying I finished with a time of 1.17.86!! :applause:

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still struggeling with this trophy I´m going to tell you an "easy mode" for this. Its kind of an abuse, but whatever... its just an arcade racer ;)

Use the Cobretti 530 GTS and dont let go off the gas until the last four corners. The abusive part in this is that this car does not lose speed when it bumps into a wall, seems like a programming flaw for this specific car. So unless you dont outright crash wallriding is faster than drifting. You will be able to get under 1:18 in just a couple of tries and by bumping into 4 or 5 walls.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the Cobretti 530 GTS and dont let go off the gas until the last four corners.

This person speaks the truth! I worked at this trophy for literally 13-14 hours, using just about every video I could get my hands on - I used the G12, the Hanzo, several Cobrettis... nothing under 1:19:50.. usually nothing under 1:20. Switched to the 530, avoiding drifting, floored accelerator 100%, no braking, but slamming into walls out of most turns... got about half a second under 1:17 on the second attempt where I didn't crash (taking the last few turns nice and slow and easy).

So glad that's done!

• 6 months later...
This person speaks the truth! I worked at this trophy for literally 13-14 hours, using just about every video I could get my hands on - I used the G12, the Hanzo, several Cobrettis... nothing under 1:19:50.. usually nothing under 1:20. Switched to the 530, avoiding drifting, floored accelerator 100%, no braking, but slamming into walls out of most turns... got about half a second under 1:17 on the second attempt where I didn't crash (taking the last few turns nice and slow and easy).

So glad that's done!

Thanks guys!!! I allmost gave up on this one, tryed everything several hunderds times and still my best was around 1:19:x...

Today took the Corbetti 530 GTS, shamelessly grinding the walls all the time and got the time 01:17:03 with 3rd try!!! Somehow its feels like that the only car which doesn`t lost speed while grinding the walls...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I confirm: use the 530 GTS and don't brake until the last 4 corners. And also use the "reverse before starting line" strategy.

I got a 1:07.43 after only a few mins of tries, just lean on all walls without braking and just use brakes when you approach the red hangar closed door, which in race mode is a shortcut.

Besides the 530 GTS feature (not losing speed against walls) makes it great also for the Helicopter challenges, as you need to keep speeding to stretch missiles targets

Edited by GiGGi1975

• 8 months later...

Have to agree with others - unless you are a fantastic drifter, use the Corbretti 530 GTS and glide off the walls (dont hit them too hard as you crash or slow down too much).

Pretty much full acceleration all the way until the last sharp turn near the end (brake here). During the earlier turns if you get the right line you can just take your foot off the accelerator and steer round most corners with just a glance off the walls (which actually helps boost the speed).

I got 1:17.64 even with a couple of wall grinds, so its very acheivable.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChrisMalicious.png

• 1 year later...
Have to agree with others - unless you are a fantastic drifter, use the Corbretti 530 GTS and glide off the walls (dont hit them too hard as you crash or slow down too much).

Pretty much full acceleration all the way until the last sharp turn near the end (brake here). During the earlier turns if you get the right line you can just take your foot off the accelerator and steer round most corners with just a glance off the walls (which actually helps boost the speed).

I got 1:17.64 even with a couple of wall grinds, so its very acheivable.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChrisMalicious.png

U got to b f'ing kidding me. Spent a couple of hrs trying to get this trophy with the g12 n after reading all the tips to use the 530 thought I would try it. GOT IT ON MY FIRST RUN WITH IT @ 1.17.79.

Now on to the easy trophies n another plat will be added to the collection.