Soldner-X 2 Final Prototype Definitive Edition

I'm on Episode 3, and am stuck on the Detonator at the Airplane Graveyard. I have to use the truck. I usually get around 1:56:??, and my objective is 1:54:00. One time I got 1:54:33, and I can't seem to get that close anymore.

If anyone can give me tips on this specific level, I'd be extremely thankful. I've been stuck on it for four hours.

I was stuck on that one for awhile too. Some of the tips I got from our fellow members was to not hit any walls at all if you do restart. Then make sure to stay out of shockwaves as much as you can. Those are common sense but what really helped me get a good time was- take a very wide path around the turns and dont drift them unless there is no other way. Let off the throttle even and coast till you can get good traction. Lastly what really helped me was instead of holding the stick in the direction you want to go kinda wiggle the stick back and forth around turns, weird as it sounds it works. Good luck!

^ All I can suggest is to just keep practicing. Try and look for places on the track where you could have cornered better or applied more speed, and eventually you'll shave off the last few seconds. :)

biggest bitch for me now is the smoke before the crane and that weird turn its so cheap how they did it like that -_-.

I'm working on perfecting that corner tried it for a good hour or so last night til my finger hurt from holding R2 lol.

I forgot to post that I did thise like, five minutes after I posted this.

The secret is to hold reverse just before you get to the checkered line, or the starting point. You go into reverse until the X shows up, then you speed up until the X goes away. Repeat the process until you get to the very back, turn and keep going back until you get to the point where the X doesn't go away (I think there was a sign that had three X's on the left.) If you practice that a couple times, and get that two second boost, it should be a lot easier.

• 4 weeks later...
I forgot to post that I did thise like, five minutes after I posted this.

The secret is to hold reverse just before you get to the checkered line, or the starting point. You go into reverse until the X shows up, then you speed up until the X goes away. Repeat the process until you get to the very back, turn and keep going back until you get to the point where the X doesn't go away (I think there was a sign that had three X's on the left.) If you practice that a couple times, and get that two second boost, it should be a lot easier.

You are a fucking god. I should have checked here earlier as I've been doing this damn event for at least 2 hours, if not longer, getting 1:54.44 as my best. first try doing this, saved a second of my start time and did it first time.