Soldner-X 2 Final Prototype Definitive Edition

Spit/Second vs Blur

ParkMartins

Split/Second vs Blur  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Split/Second vs Blur

• Split/Second
    • Blur

I've voted for 'Blur'. The reason; in my opinion it has more depth in both the online and offline modes than 'Split/Second'.

That said, I'm certainly not knocking S/S. I think this is an awesome game; great fun and I'm really enjoying getting those trophies. :)

Voted "Blur".

Though, I like both game a lot!

Reason I voted Blur is pretty simple.

Online racing.

Blur has a way more balanced system when it comes to online racing.

This makes the game way more fun to keep playing from the start.

Playing S/S online was a disaster from the start.

Cars are passing me by if like I'm standing still. They pass you and you never see them again during the race.

My oppinion, when you play such a game, it should be accessible from the start. Not forcing you to complete the single player at 100% first, before thinking about multiplayer.

That is the whole reason I voted Blur.

Overall, both games are just awesome!

Let's put it this way blur and modnation racers both have power-ups (weapons that'll be spammed on you) in blur you can turn them off but whats the point?

Split/Second says to the hell with that kiddy shit, lets throw in some explosions/environmental damage see what they can dodge.

A lot more challenging and fun a game for hardcore racing fans.

Only thing that pisses me off is the dlc being released that pretty much gives you all the cars, so no you do not need to finish the game 100%

Still picking Blur ? a day of being spammed to death and there goes the game have fun :whistle:

Let's put it this way blur and modnation racers both have power-ups (weapons that'll be spammed on you) in blur you can turn them off but whats the point?

Wow... That's like... comparing Tekken with Street Fighter... >.>

Looking at your profile, you don't even own either of the racing games you mentioned. That being said, you can't compare them to be equal to eachother.

I have all three of these games. ModNation, Blur, AND Split Second.

All these games are different from eachother and has their own charmes.

Truth to be told, the powerups are in both games. ModNation and Blur.

However, the whole gameplay / experience / adrenaline / and so on, is totaly different from eachother.

Plus, Modnation you can wield only 1 powerup (build up in three stages, but still 1 powerup). Blur on the other hand, you can wield 3 of them. Select your powerups to get the best use out of each one of them.

Way different play styl compared to ModNation.

That doesn't justify shit. He probably has another account, or has the game on PC/360.

Did you only reply on that sentence, or did you read rest of my post as well ?

Comparing Blur with ModNation is like comparing Tekken with Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat with BlazBlue...

You can kick and punch in all four games, but that doesn't mean both games are the same.

That was my whole point....

Split/second for sure because i like the fact that if you are good they don't punish you for it like in Mariokart or modnation can tell you how many rage quits i had just against AI in MKW just because i get to the finish line then i get bombarded with blue and red shells. On MNR u can't even use the boost when your in first because you need to save it for when the level 3 weapons start coming at you. Personally any racing game where items are on the track i always get screwed somehow.

you don't even own either of the racing games you mentioned. That being said, you can't compare them to be equal to eachother.

is this nigga blind? does he not see the split/second trophies on my card? can you say check your vision pls...

first off you neglected the fact that you can drop powerups in modnation if you get hit hard enough, you spent the whole race saving for a lvl 3 weapon just to lose it...no thx.

I don't need to play blur it looks stupid overall cheap knockoff of mario-kart, un-interesting and un-original.

is this nigga blind? does he not see the split/second trophies on my card? can you say check your vision pls..

Is this guy stupid or retarted ? Can't he not see I was making the point at the comparison Blur vs. ModNation and was pointing out those two games where missing on the card ?

Geez....

How hard is it to read, and keep things friendly.

I was making a point in a normal way of communication. One after another person is flaming with lighters hoping to reach a flamethrower after couple of posts....

Edited by Trellgoth

Is this guy stupid or retarted ? Can't he not see I was making the point at the comparison Blur vs. ModNation and was pointing out those two games where missing on the card ?

Geez....

How hard is it to read, and keep things friendly.

I was making a point in a normal way of communication. One after another person is flaming with lighters hoping to reach a flamethrower after couple of posts....

keep making yourself look moronic, read the title dumbass is modnation in it ? k thx bai, go back to school learn some english.

EDIT: This is the FOURTH IDENTICAL thread about this, Blur VS Split Second. Please search the forums before making the exact same post as 2 other people have just days before you. Thread merge ftw.

My opinion:

Split Second has only 4 usable buttons: R2 (Accelerate) L2 (Brake/Drift) X (Level 1 powerup) and Circle (Level 2 powerup) There is literally nothing else to the game. Different game modes, different tracks, but only 4 functions to the game. Also the screen is constantly flashing wild lights that get very annoying after 5 minutes.

Blur has officially licenced cars, but is an arcade racer. It has elements like Mario Kart as you pick up powerups and aim to shoot them at opponents, or drop them behind you. There are powerups for nitro, health/repair, lightning bolts, shockwaves, lightning storms, and more. Also you actually feel like you're going fast when you are in Blur. Whereas Split Second even at top speed still has a slow feel to it.

My choice is with Blur absolutely. Split Second is worth a rental, but if you like racing games Blur is a game worth buying.

Edited by Blessorship

keep making yourself look moronic, read the title dumbass is modnation in it ? k thx bai, go back to school learn some english.

I'm going to try to respond to this as normal as possible.

I don't like the way this is going in this thread, and hope we can drop this like normal people and move on.

There was a comparison between Blur and ModNation, based on the powerups. The only thing I pointed out was, both are different games, I did not see those two games in the profile and was wondering how one can compare them.

I actualy have no idea why the flaming started on such a simple statement.

Perhaps there was some miscommunication of some kind... if so... sorry about that. But don't start flaming like a pyromaniac (@ more people).

I don't think this is me who would say this, but I'm sorry for any misunderstanding caused with Blur, ModNation, SplitSecond or any other arcade racing game mentioned.

Can we continue this thread like adult people please ? Hate to see these kind of things happen...

Note; What is wrong with my english (seriously) ?

I'm not a native english speaker, and as far as I know, my english is (was, apperently) pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm going to try to respond to this as normal as possible.

I don't like the way this is going in this thread, and hope we can drop this like normal people and move on.

There was a comparison between Blur and ModNation, based on the powerups. The only thing I pointed out was, both are different games, I did not see those two games in the profile and was wondering how one can compare them.

I actualy have no idea why the flaming started on such a simple statement.

Perhaps there was some miscommunication of some kind... if so... sorry about that. But don't start flaming like a pyromaniac (@ more people).

I don't think this is me who would say this, but I'm sorry for any misunderstanding caused with Blur, ModNation, SplitSecond or any other arcade racing game mentioned.

Can we continue this thread like adult people please ? Hate to see these kind of things happen...

Note; What is wrong with my english (seriously) ?

I'm not a native english speaker, and as far as I know, my english is (was, apperently) pretty good.

I don't own Blur so I will not participate in this poll, but I felt that I should comment so you know that you were not doing anything wrong.

Don't worry about your English. It is definitely better than most native speakers, and especially better than the ones that are attacking you in this thread. I suppose they didn't like that you were questioning their supposed or apparent baseless opinion.

I agree that someone that owns all 3 games or at least has played all of the games has more weight in their opinion than someone shouting out racial slurs and owns only one of the games. You were the better person by taking the high ground and apologizing even if you were not in the wrong.

I bought this game through a trade-in deal along with Red Dead Redemption and Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands. I have finally come around to start playing it. I am enjoying this game so far and I do like that you can avoid most of the power plays. This game is definitely taking advantage of my sound system and HDTV.