Soldner-X 2 Final Prototype Definitive Edition

Detonator

steviemiller7

These are very hard. I managed to pass the first 4 or 5, but they are extremely tight - Most of my times are less than 1 sec better than the 1st place requirement.

Best advice I can give, is replay, replay, replay. You must absolutely know the track, you cannot crash at all.

I have also found that drifting in most corners slows you down.

But, if it is a very tight turn, drifting is better than touching the wall.

Any touching of the wall will virtually guarantee that you won't get 1st.

So while this is an arcade racer, think of these as sim tracks - slow before the corner, controlled drift and keep exit speed up.

Scary part is, I think there are trophies in the later stages for beating developer times :eek:

I'll agree that most of them are really close, the only one I haven't won by less than a second was the first one at the Airport Terminal. However, you can still hit walls and ride along walls and still get the win. Sometimes drifting can't be helped, especially the one on Dry Docks because that car refuses to make tight turns. Most of them just take time to learn the track and what Power Plays go off when and where

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

for some reason i find these also very impossible. I have 1st in almost all other races, but can't finish higher than 2nd on all detonator races (by some miracle i won the first one)

I'll run a clean race, and closest i have ever got to 1st was still 4 seconds.

Is there a shortcut on these tracks im not aware of??

for some reason i find these also very impossible. I have 1st in almost all other races, but can't finish higher than 2nd on all detonator races (by some miracle i won the first one)

I'll run a clean race, and closest i have ever got to 1st was still 4 seconds.

Is there a shortcut on these tracks im not aware of??

No on the detonator tracks there are no short cuts. The only one that has one is the Beat the Team challenge in quick play. And with the detonator tracks I found that when close to a detonation point to release the throttle a little so I could keep the car in a straight line. Because with full throttle the car is send swirving from side to side. So keep trying and get the feeling of the car youre using. Good luck! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

just started playing last week and I noticed that if you're going through a turn and holding the analog stick, even gently, in one direction then the engine doesn't rev, it stays at the same RPM.

but by doing the same corner by "tapping" the analog stick in one direction you can keep accelerating through a turn. (i.e. a lot of tiny adjustments instead of one large steady one)

also, drifting does slow you down, but on some courses it seems unavoidable, and I managed to drift so that I hit the wall with the entire side of the car and kept speeding on, and still managed to beat the course.

then again, I'm only half-way through the game.

• 2 months later...
just started playing last week and I noticed that if you're going through a turn and holding the analog stick, even gently, in one direction then the engine doesn't rev, it stays at the same RPM.

but by doing the same corner by "tapping" the analog stick in one direction you can keep accelerating through a turn. (i.e. a lot of tiny adjustments instead of one large steady one)

also, drifting does slow you down, but on some courses it seems unavoidable, and I managed to drift so that I hit the wall with the entire side of the car and kept speeding on, and still managed to beat the course.

then again, I'm only half-way through the game.

I would like to point out that the above tip has made me easily start a 1st place spree among all the detonators I could only finish in 2nd place (well, three only so far, but this seems to be a noticeable improvement in racing efficiency).

• 1 month later...

An awesome tip I saw on youtube comment which helped me save 2-3 seconds on my runs was the following:

As soon as you start the race, slam on the brakes (might need to steer into the wall to slow down in time). If you stop before the start line, the timer won't start. Keep reversing and you'll respawn at the start line going MUCH faster, meaning a good few seconds off your run