Rate the trophy difficulty...  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.19

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna vote yet, but if my progress so far is any indication, then it won't be a very tough or long Platinum. The online grind is about 5-7 hours to rank up, and the single player only consists of 12 episodes with 5 events each.

I anticipate this game being a 4-5 on the difficulty chart.

Fwiw: I've played less than 3 hours and have over 30% trophy completion ATM.

I'm in the same boat, just hit Season 4 offline and form 72 online. About 30% of the trophies down.

That said, I think that the platinum will be harder than you estimate. Right now, if you buy the unlock all DLC you can easily get form 1 online without trying. The online is really poorly designed, you basically can't lose with a good car...right now at least.

Once most people are racing with top ranked vehicles, I think getting to form 1 will be a huge grind. :think:

I'm also finding some of the timed events brutal - I can't win even with a clean run and no wrecks. Since you are locked to only 1 vehicle choice, and there is no boost, I'm not exactly sure how to shave 5 seconds off a clear lap. Obviously you can't wreck, but it seems you can't drift or even touch the wall. And that's only season 4!

We'll see, but I think this one may be hard to platinum.

I gotta say at first glance the hardest trophies look like the online but after obtaining 34 of the trophies i gotta say the beat the dev team in detonator mode is hard at least the power plant one is

I gotta say at first glance the hardest trophies look like the online but after obtaining 34 of the trophies i gotta say the beat the dev team in detonator mode is hard at least the power plant one is

Seriously that trophy is ridiculous...on a flawless run I'm still 1 second off the mark. The first "beat the team" is fairly easy once you get the hang of taking the shortcut.

Seriously that trophy is ridiculous...on a flawless run I'm still 1 second off the mark. The first "beat the team" is fairly easy once you get the hang of taking the shortcut.

Same situation, the Power Plant one needs a 101% perfect race..

Overall easy trophies, even the online ones, but those 'Beat the Team' trophies suck :)

I would have voted this game around a 5 initially, but having played through most of the episodes, I have spent a silly amount of time getting those detonators perfect, and some are damn near impossible. You can't touch the walls, any obstacles, any debris let alone no drifts and no wrecks... Those beat the team trophies are officially nuts, I'm still half a second off the pair. Craziness. Therefore, an 8/9 from me.

This game I'd rate at a 6 maybe 7 but thats about it most of the trophies are easily obtainable the only real tough ones are the dev team times but even those are easily gotten once you refine how you drive. I just got the platinum today and my last trophy was heavyweight which is wreck 1000 rival with power plays but if you have experience in playing burnout this game should be an easy platinum.

This game deserves a solid 6. Got the platinum within 47 and a half hours (including sleep) after I first started the game.

I had the online trophies done within 3 hours when I went online after completing the campaign and just needed to finetune 3 events in the campaign after that (2 Detonator races from 2nd to 1st place and the season 12 bonus event (Heavens Revenge or whatever this could be called in english) which has a real tough time limit) after that.

Also the developer times aren't too hard with a little bit of practice and the knowledge of the best route.

The online part will surely become tougher as soon as more players are finished with the campaign - I mostly had beginners and noobs as opponents. Beginners: people who haven't played that much offline and went online with the bad cars; Noobs: people who payed for the cars but went online without game experience (a good car isn't all you need to win against players which finished the campaign). But til then is it not too hard online.

I gave it a 4. Some of the races you will need to restart multiple times but overall no trophy is really hard to get. The last trophy you will probably get before the platinum is the "wreck 1000 rivals" Ive beat the season mode and played quite a bit online and only have about 600 rivals wrecked.

Rating it a 6.

Now, I don't have the platinum yet but hear me out, the only trophies I have left are grind trophies and the online ones. Seems like grinding for some trophies take a bit of time, but they're not necessarily hard. Besides, it's incredibly fun. The online trophies are also easy enough. I just played for an hour a while ago and my rank jumped from 99 to 62. It's that fast to level online, that is of course if you're winning.

Anyway, main reasons I gave it a 6 are because of the Beat The Team trophies, specifically the second one in the Power Plant. And because of the AI/Season. It's not too hard and yet not too easy. They can be cheap at times though, but they're a nice challenge.

I wish i could go back and change my vote to a 1 or a 2. Nothing hard at all to obtain the platinum. If you use the Cobretti 530 GTR you will pass everything with ease. Even the "beat the team trophies" that people seem not to be able to do.

The offline stuff is easy enough, the only exception being the time trial things. The online though is ridiculous, reach rank 1, not that bad, but when losing a race makes your rank worse.... makes it very difficult. I don't think I'm good enough to pull that off.

Not going to rate till I get the platinum.

Edited by Overkill

This game is definitely a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to the trophy difficulty. ;) Offline most of the trophies pop by simply playing through the season. Once you've finished first in all 72 races then you should have approx 35 trophies - if not then going back to unlock the hidden ones doesn't take a lot of effort once you know what they are. Most of the events are doable within a few tries, but some of the detonator events will no doubt give players who have less experience playing racing games some problems. The grind is non-existant - I unlocked all of the grind trophies in my first few races online, at which point I had done everything in the season..

..but then there is the tougher side to the game. The beat the team trophies are hard. With patience, practice and skill they are doable .. but they are not easy at all. Online is also not necessarily easy. You could luck out and end up with a lobby full of newbies driving lower ranked cars (like what happened to me when I was rank 6 - I won by 20 seconds and took the platinum :D ) .. but you could just as easily end up with a room full of skillful players who will provide a tough challenge. Winning means you'll rank up, but losing means you'll fall down. Quitting from a game or being diconnected is also a 10 rank deducation (as I found out when my PS3 jammed..)

Overall this is a game where most of the trophies will be doable, fun and won't take a large amount of time, but the two beat the team trophies and the online ranking system provide a much tougher challenge. I vote a 6. :)

I almost can't decide what to vote. Initially I would have gone for a six, the season was doable but with a couple of redo's with other cars.

The beat the team trophies are hard, but not as hard as WipEoutHD's Beat Zico .

As for the on-line I had a lot of problems getting in normal lobbies (once again a stupid matchmaking or something. I want to SEE the lobbies and CHOOSE one of them :-( ). And once I got in I always had hard opponents. Once we found a descent amount of boosters for the private lobby things started to move. I started 1 vs 1 (don't try that, it takes ages as you only get 1 point a race ;-) ) but at the end we had 8 players. Somehow I was the only-one who could host a game otherwise people couldn't join :-S.

After reminding myself of having the season difficulty on "medium" instead of easy I will vote: 5 is 6 is just a little to much in my opinion.

Edited by Sp4reNL
there is no season difficulty, stupid me

Give it a 6, was slightly harder than i was expecting but not that difficult once you get used to the cars and tracks etc. Beat The Team trophies are tough but just practice and you'll get them np

Edited by Donzie75