Soldner-X 2 Final Prototype Definitive Edition

Error: Saved Game Does Not Match Trophies

buzbuz33

My PS3 crashed some time ago and I later reloaded some old game save files for this game (which I thought were current). However, when I tried to play, I got an error message stating that the saved game does not match the trophies. The only option it gives is to play without a chance of getting more trophies. Is there any way around this problem?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply.

They are all my saved files. I am now on a different PS3, but I was getting the error before I switched. I did have to reformat my old PS3 once (in late 2011 or early 2012), but the backup wouldn't reload so I lost some saved files. However, since I had stopped playing Split Second long before that, I figured that I had saved the latest data file (3/20/2011). My only guess is that I must have played the game sometime after that date and got some kind trophy prior to the reformat.

I can see why a game might check user names to make sure that you don't use someone else's games to get trophies. However, comparing data to trophies seems a bit extreme since you might lose data in a corrupt save or might want to revert to an old saved file (like I did in Red Dead Redemption - so I could get the trophy for killing all the buffalo, but then revert to an old data file to continue the game so that the buffalo would still be alive).

Edited by buzbuz33