Five-SeveN trophy

I just beat the game using only the pistol and the alt-fire of the sc-20k and yet the trophy didnt pop for me.

Not once did I use the primary fire, I mainly ran around knocking people out (got to level 6 before i realized there was no "kill more than 3 trophy" in this game:p)

I did throw the occasional bottle and can to get a guard's attention but i'm not sure if that had an impact on the trophy or not.

So i was wondering if anyone had gotten this trophy, and whether or not you avoided objects like the plague :p

when you got the trophy, did you beat the game on normal or hard?

i played through on hard and never used the sc-20k's primary fire

the reason i ask about difficulty is that the peace stalker trophy on splinter cell hd just would not pop for me on hard, but it popped on my first run on normal, and i didnt fire a bullet throughout the entire level on either playthrough.

i'm gonna beat chaos theory and then go through pandora tomorrow on normal and see if it pops. unless you guys got the trophy on hard and something i did in game (threw object, etc) screwed up the trophy, i'm thinking that difficulty might have something to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...

This trophy is really pissing me off.

Even with the laser pointer Fisher seems to have parkinson's desease, you can't hold your breath and if you spend too much time aiming (2-3 seconds maybe) guards notice you. Hitting a light 2 feet away is like winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

I don't think that any NSA agent has such awful aim....

This trophy is really pissing me off.

Even with the laser pointer Fisher seems to have parkinson's desease, you can't hold your breath and if you spend too much time aiming (2-3 seconds maybe) guards notice you. Hitting a light 2 feet away is like winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

I don't think that any NSA agent has such awful aim....

If you're having trouble, you can try using the binoculars to zoom at a target, then switch to gun and shoot it. Doesn't always work because the aim moves, but if the target is close enough you should be able to get a kill. I did it for laughs at times using long range targets.

I'd recommend never aiming with the laser unless they are perfectly stationary. Depending on the light, you may need to switch between vision modes to clearly see the dot. At times it's also easier to wait in their path and as they walk towards you, switch to laser and shoot. Best thing to do is aim from behind. More time to aim without risking them seeing it.

So you can still use Airfoil and diversion cams etc right? I think im going to have ammo issues... I only have 5 bullets left in my pistol on mission 2 so i might need to use some of them. Also can you get Med packs in Satchels? I never picked them up in SC to avoid getting Med packs. But i see this game has a different system. So do i have to worry about picking them up here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Beat the game and I didn't get it. Not sure what caused it. I used a Flash Bang on mission 7, I also blew up the barrels on the submarine mission to kill some guards (but I shot them with my pistol). Finally, I did have one instance when I accidentally hit :r1: but I reloaded my save (same as the guy above me).

My guess is the barrels but I really have no clue.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 3 weeks later...

I got it eventually. I still would like to know what the exact cause was, but I think I ruled out the reloading thing. You can fire the gun and reload to "undo" it. So I think it was the explosive barrels on the submarine level, as I didn't do it on my second playthrough and got the trophy.

• 3 months later...

I got this trophy after my first play-through on Hard, I never used any objects to distract guards, but I used plenty of the secondary fire with the SC-20K, including smoke grenades on several occasions, and a flash-bang once. I did start to run low on ammo during the LAX mission, but other than that I was always fine, there are plenty of ammo refills throughout the missions. Also, I did shoot the barrels with my pistol on the submarine level, and that did not affect the trophy. I really think the game glitches differently for different people, not sure though..

• 8 months later...