Is this worth a gamble?

I love Splinter Cell, I enjoyed all of the three in the series, especially Chaos Theory.

As for the trophies, they are challenging, but not too difficult. I'd highly recommend to back up your save data regularly as the save data is very fragile. If you freeze, your data will be corrupted. Happened to me on Splinter Cell HD and Chaos Theory.

Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory work fine. Do NOT play the first one. You will most likely never get the Platinum. I just finished my fourth perfect run following all the rules for back ups, etc.

Details of my fourth playthrough.

I only killed two people in the whole game and I didn't get Passive Aggression. I also avoided dragging the unconscious bodies too far so they wouldn't magic die and verified this for each and everyone via thermal post CIA.

I died once. No having to reset because of deaths. I died ONCE! That was it. I didn't get Urban Legend.

If I set off an alarm I reverted to previous save points also using backups. For perfection for this whole playthrough I used a video guide and actually did better than that avoiding the two alarms the guide set off. I didn't get Stealth operative.

tl;dr: Seriously considering skipping Blacklist because of this. These kinds of glitches are egregious and Ubi should be ashamed for releasing and not updating.

Wow indeed this game may just not worth it. I completed the game and I was perfect, no alarms, kills, medkits or deaths and I didn't get ANY of the 4 trophies. It is badly glitched and not even the 1.01 update helps.

EDIT: I got all of them in my Normal run!! I don't know if it's important or not but I played the game in one session. I died once, I killed no more than two people in some stages, I triggered an alert but I reloaded an earlier save and I didn't even pick an medkit. And all 4 of these trophies unlocked :D Oh god I am so relieved. I played the game in ONE session, which took 7 hours (with a break for dinner). Glad that's done, now only some misc trophies are left for plat.

Edited by ZOLANTON

• 3 weeks later...
Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory work fine. Do NOT play the first one. You will most likely never get the Platinum. I just finished my fourth perfect run following all the rules for back ups, etc....

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. I know that different trophies glitch for different people.. for me it was Stealth Operative... I beat the game 6 times with no alarms and it never gave me the trophy... I even deleted the entire game data and save data each time before trying again... After I played it on a different PS3 system with no alarms it finally gave me the trophy... so if you have a trophy glitched... and you've tried multiple times to get it... I believe the only way to get it is by trying it on a new system if deleting the game data and save data doesn't work... sucks doesn't it...

• 2 months later...
....if you have a trophy glitched... and you've tried multiple times to get it... I believe the only way to get it is by trying it on a new system if deleting the game data and save data doesn't work... sucks doesn't it...

I just recently decided to play these again on a different system (after finally cooling off for the past six months because of glitched trophies!) and I have to (sadly) agree with you on this.

I had several glitched trophies on my older system, but when I played them again just recently on another PS3, I've managed to plat them all in one go....finally! No glitched trophies at all!!

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, I'm sure it's not what you want to read, and indeed that's if anyone is still reading these boards! :D ....oh well, just FYI! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...