XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Splinter Cell HD

Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Completed the game - how do I go about grinding Trophies?

So I completed the game last night on Hard, getting the Immune, Echelon Mercenary, Passive Aggression and Stealth Operative Trophies all at the credits.

What i'm wondering now is how would I go about grinding the Trophies and do I have to complete the game again on normal because Echelon Recruit didn't pop.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Same question here.

KAZUYAH997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Graphics Team

Awards Showcase SOTM Winner   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Staff - Graphics Team   Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarvelous View Post
So I completed the game last night on Hard, getting the Immune, Echelon Mercenary, Passive Aggression and Stealth Operative Trophies all at the credits.

What i'm wondering now is how would I go about grinding the Trophies and do I have to complete the game again on normal because Echelon Recruit didn't pop.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZUYAH997 View Post
Same question here.
OK. First off if Echelon Recruit didn't pop you will need to complete the game again on Normal difficulty.

Note the difficulty trophies do not stack.

This is taken from the trophy guide to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlguitarist View Post
You have to do both Hard and Normal difficulty runs as difficulty trophies don’t stack.
Now for grinding the trophies. I suggest that you complete your Normal playthrough first and obtain the Echelon Recruit trophy. Now that game is complete, you have the ability to revisit any given mission in the game using the Level Select option, as they are all unlocked. As for the actual grinding, I presume you need all of them. It would be best to have a read over the trophy guide submitted to the site found here. As soon as you get achieve a count of one for your grind, it is possible to save the game, reload, and repeat the same action again. This will count towards the overall total for the grind i.e Pick 25 locks or 47 Terminals. It is important that you save it on the same save file everytime and not on another save, because this didn't work for me.

You do not need to play through the whole game for the grinding to count. It can be done through Level Select by repeating the given action over and over again and saving it. This is provided that you have completed the game, prior to attempting the grind.

Good luck, and be patient. It will take time to do some of these and this game can be really annoying with it's issues with glitches.

Last edited by GlennThomas; 01-09-2012 at 09:55 PM.
GlennThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Absolute legend Glenn, thanks a lot. Would it be wise just to finish up all the grinding Trophies on the Hard playthrough I have saved now, then just play the game on normal and get the Plat? Makes sense to me as it saves me hacking/picking everything again on normal.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Graphics Team

Awards Showcase SOTM Winner   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Jack of All Trades   Staff - Graphics Team   Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Helping Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarvelous View Post
Absolute legend Glenn, thanks a lot. Would it be wise just to finish up all the grinding Trophies on the Hard playthrough I have saved now, then just play the game on normal and get the Plat? Makes sense to me as it saves me hacking/picking everything again on normal.
I doesn't really matter, but you may as well do it on your Completed Hard Playthrough, like you said. Then you can just go ahead and finish the Normal Playthough, without needing to worry about anything other than beating the game again. Good Luck
Old 01-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'd recommend grinding on Hard. Some trophies (cameras, lock picks, data sticks from PC and a few others) take multiple replays of levels. Because you've already taken the time to do a lot of this stuff on Hard, it would all be reset if you started normal.

So try cleaning up on hard, and when you do go for the normal trophy you can play however you want to quickly rush the game (like killing everything that walks).
Old 01-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Thanks Glenn, got the plat

KAZUYAH997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZUYAH997 View Post
Thanks Glenn, got the plat
Congrats. I found it to be a really awkward game to complete. Probably not going to enjoy the others from the Trilogy now, because I had to put so much time into this game. Glad you've got the Platinum now.

Last edited by GlennThomas; 01-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Submission   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

With trophies like "Stealth Operative," can I go back and complete individual missions in Level Select if there was one or two that I raised alarms in? Same goes for levels where I may have caused 3 or more casualties.

NOTE: I'm currently not accepting friend requests, blank or otherwise.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

About grinding by reloading, e.g. destroying the same camera or hacking the same computer that gives a data stick over and over again :
Am I doing it right if I do a save - save 1 - before destroying the camera, then I shoot the camera and once it's destroyed I make another save - save 2.
Now I reload save 1, destroy the camera again and save on save 2 again.
And then I repeat the whole process.
Will the trophy unlock that way or am I doing something wrong with the saving/loading process?
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote