Completed the game - how do I go about grinding Trophies?

MrMarvelous

So I completed the game last night on Hard, getting the Immune, Echelon Mercenary, Passive Aggression and Stealth Operative Trophies all at the credits.

What i'm wondering now is how would I go about grinding the Trophies and do I have to complete the game again on normal because Echelon Recruit didn't pop.

Thanks.

So I completed the game last night on Hard, getting the Immune, Echelon Mercenary, Passive Aggression and Stealth Operative Trophies all at the credits.

What i'm wondering now is how would I go about grinding the Trophies and do I have to complete the game again on normal because Echelon Recruit didn't pop.

Thanks.

Same question here.

OK. First off if Echelon Recruit didn't pop you will need to complete the game again on Normal difficulty.

Note the difficulty trophies do not stack.

This is taken from the trophy guide to confirm.

You have to do both Hard and Normal difficulty runs as difficulty trophies don’t stack.

Now for grinding the trophies. I suggest that you complete your Normal playthrough first and obtain the Echelon Recruit trophy. Now that game is complete, you have the ability to revisit any given mission in the game using the Level Select option, as they are all unlocked. As for the actual grinding, I presume you need all of them. It would be best to have a read over the trophy guide submitted to the site found here. As soon as you get achieve a count of one for your grind, it is possible to save the game, reload, and repeat the same action again. This will count towards the overall total for the grind i.e Pick 25 locks or 47 Terminals. It is important that you save it on the same save file everytime and not on another save, because this didn't work for me.

You do not need to play through the whole game for the grinding to count. It can be done through Level Select by repeating the given action over and over again and saving it. This is provided that you have completed the game, prior to attempting the grind.

Good luck, and be patient. It will take time to do some of these and this game can be really annoying with it's issues with glitches.

Edited by GlennThomas

Absolute legend Glenn, thanks a lot. Would it be wise just to finish up all the grinding Trophies on the Hard playthrough I have saved now, then just play the game on normal and get the Plat? Makes sense to me as it saves me hacking/picking everything again on normal.

Absolute legend Glenn, thanks a lot. Would it be wise just to finish up all the grinding Trophies on the Hard playthrough I have saved now, then just play the game on normal and get the Plat? Makes sense to me as it saves me hacking/picking everything again on normal.

I doesn't really matter, but you may as well do it on your Completed Hard Playthrough, like you said. Then you can just go ahead and finish the Normal Playthough, without needing to worry about anything other than beating the game again. Good Luck :p

I'd recommend grinding on Hard. Some trophies (cameras, lock picks, data sticks from PC and a few others) take multiple replays of levels. Because you've already taken the time to do a lot of this stuff on Hard, it would all be reset if you started normal.

So try cleaning up on hard, and when you do go for the normal trophy you can play however you want to quickly rush the game (like killing everything that walks).

Thanks Glenn, got the plat :)

Congrats. I found it to be a really awkward game to complete. Probably not going to enjoy the others from the Trilogy now, because I had to put so much time into this game. Glad you've got the Platinum now. :p

Edited by GlennThomas

• 3 weeks later...

About grinding by reloading, e.g. destroying the same camera or hacking the same computer that gives a data stick over and over again :

Am I doing it right if I do a save - save 1 - before destroying the camera, then I shoot the camera and once it's destroyed I make another save - save 2.

Now I reload save 1, destroy the camera again and save on save 2 again.

And then I repeat the whole process.

Will the trophy unlock that way or am I doing something wrong with the saving/loading process?

try to save it on one file. i think that is the key. i tried so many was, but i think that is the one that will do it. i too knew i had 100, 25 locks picked etc., it gets reset on different difficulty levels, so try the same file on the same difficulty.

One thing i did, with 7 bronzes to get for the Plat. is save 2 files for every save, in case you screw up and quick save by mistake.

• 1 month later...

I really loved this entire Splinter Cell Series, so I'm actually really looking forward to playing this HD remaster version. I can't even guess how many times I played each of these 3 titles back when they were still new.

How many complete play-throughs do you think it'll take to get all these Trophies to pop naturally (without grinding)? I just got this (disk version) from Amazon for just over $20, so I've just started doing a little research before diving back into the games.

Thanks for the advice guys. Cheers :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what the problem is here. I did a playthrough on Normal.

Then I just started one on Hard and I was waiting for some of the smaller "(insert action) _____ times" trophies to pop, like the 5 interrogations. I already got three in my 2nd playthrough and it hasn't popped, leading me to believe that starting a New Game doesn't let you carry over your progress.

Not sure what the problem is here. I did a playthrough on Normal.

Then I just started one on Hard and I was waiting for some of the smaller "(insert action) _____ times" trophies to pop, like the 5 interrogations. I already got three in my 2nd playthrough and it hasn't popped, leading me to believe that starting a New Game doesn't let you carry over your progress.

It does carry your progress but changing difficulty is what resets your trophy progress.

• 4 weeks later...
It does carry your progress but changing difficulty is what resets your trophy progress.

Fuck me, wish i've read this before i started a new playtrough on hard yesterday... damn it, still need all the grinding trophies except the light sources and wallmines and now stats are resetted too, in my first playtrough the medkit trophy didnt pop, although i am very sure i never used one. This is my second playtrough and its very well possible i still haven't got all the game trophies after this playtrough so i most likely will need a 3rd or more playtrough.

damn it gonna take me ages to plat this one and thats only the 1st of three glitchy games pff :(

About grinding by reloading, e.g. destroying the same camera or hacking the same computer that gives a data stick over and over again :

Am I doing it right if I do a save - save 1 - before destroying the camera, then I shoot the camera and once it's destroyed I make another save - save 2.

Now I reload save 1, destroy the camera again and save on save 2 again.

And then I repeat the whole process.

Will the trophy unlock that way or am I doing something wrong with the saving/loading process?

Don't know, but that would suggest to me that you're going in circles. If you save 1, then shoot, then save 2, and go back to save 1, you're right back where you started. Saving again on 2 will simply over write you previous save. I plan to grind the trophies by simply replaying the levels in full. Won't take that long.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/929/STONE-DEVIL74.png

You don't need to replay the levels in full....for instance the camera, lights and interrogation trophies can be grinded on the Defence level...simply start the level and your first few minutes involves shooting cameras, getting 2 data sticks, picking a lock then grabbing the driver...once you have interrogated him you save then exit to main menu and start the level again...thus grinding the trophies...

• 2 weeks later...

yes as far as i can tell you can't do a save 1 and then save 2 to help with grinding. what you can do is get so many of what you're going for, save and then use level select to start the mission over again and repeat. As stated above Defence Ministries is a great level for what he mentioned but I'll add that if you go just a little further in the level you you can also get all your drop down kills and the 100 captures pretty quick on that level too. Check my thread Quick Surgical Strike trophy for an explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
You don't need to replay the levels in full....for instance the camera, lights and interrogation trophies can be grinded on the Defence level...simply start the level and your first few minutes involves shooting cameras, getting 2 data sticks, picking a lock then grabbing the driver...once you have interrogated him you save then exit to main menu and start the level again...thus grinding the trophies...

I only used Defense Ministry to grind for this exact reason. Might I add, in the first section of this mission (from start to right before the mid-mission load after the glass elevator recording) there are:

• 7 unguarded cameras (Privacy Matters)
  • 14 enemies to capture (Fatal Embrace)
  • 2 stationary guards with drop-down opportunities (Surgical Strike)
  • 3 data sticks from computer terminals (Cyber Warfare)(Data Hacker)
  • 2 enemies (a chef and the driver) who go for an alarm once noticing you (Adrenaline Rush)
  • 2 locked doors (Field Agent)
  • 1 interrogation victim (Friendly Chats)
  • 1 data sticks from satchels (Data Hacker)

While grinding I found that I could complete this section in about 10 minutes, it's golden for getting these trophies.

Edit: I'll also add and confirm that you can load level at any time in any mission and your stats towards a trophy are still counted. This does not work if you load saves. So I simply completed the first section of Defense Ministry (up to the point before you have to climb the wall thing in the courtyard after recording the conversation), then restarted the mission via Game Menu, Load Game, Load Level, Defense Ministry and all my progress was accounted for.

Edited by jackofdiamonds14

is this trophy inhuman menace grindable cause ive been doing the cia building all day about 20 times and hasnt popped

Trying doing Mouke Tsoe Bo Meats mission. There are about 7 or 8 in this mission. Furthermore, try doing it in one sitting. This happened to me for lock picks etc; they appeared to reset to zero everytime I switched the game off