XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Kunegunda_GoRyl

Default Tech question about games version

I plan to buy those games, but I wonder about something...

... as I played those titles on my PS2 I remember from the press reviews that PS2 versions of those games were inferior to their Xbox originals <simplified levels architecture & graphics> & the only extra feature from the PS2 version was 1 extra level in the 1st part (Splinter Cell)

So now for the question (about all those games) - is the HD Trilogy converted from the Xbox or from the PS2 versions of those games??

Last edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl; 12-01-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Kunegunda_GoRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:57 AM   #2
Bounty V

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunegunda_GoRyl View Post

... as I played those titles on my PS2 I remember from the press reviews that PS2 versions of those games were inferior to their Xbox originals <simplified levels architecture & graphics> & the only extra feature from the PS2 version was 1 extra level in the 1st part (Splinter Cell)

So now for the question (about all those games) - is the HD Trilogy converted from the Xbox or from the PS2 versions of those games??
I'm playing the game right now and it feels just like the Xbox version, but looks different so I'm guessing PS2 (I never played it on PS2, just Xbox)? Examples being in layout. Health bar is horizontal and on the top of the screen, compared to the original Xbox's vertical and on the right side of the screen. Also, keypad codes are different than the Xbox version. From what I've heard, the Xbox, PS2, and PS3 versions ALL had different keypad codes (some were similar, but not ALL were the same).

Rather vague I know, but I hope that helped.

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Dr.HelmutMarko

Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.HelmutMarko

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunegunda_GoRyl View Post

They are taken from the PC, which is much superior than the ps2 + xbox versions

Buy it, they look fantastic and they are going very cheap on ebay
Dr.HelmutMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #4
Kunegunda_GoRyl

Already got plats on all 3 of SC games and moved on for the next ones, but thanks for the answer anyway wanted 2 know before playing, but as finally played, a lot of places seemed quite different from those PS2 games I've played years ago... great move of Ubisoft, giving us the version that we've most probably never played if U ask me
Kunegunda_GoRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
SaberBlade

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

The entire trilogy is based on the PC version, which are improved ports of the Xbox versions. However none of the bonus content is included like the maps (xbox/pc shared unique maps, PS2 had it's own unique maps too).