Tech question about games version

Kunegunda_GoRyl

I plan to buy those games, but I wonder about something...

... as I played those titles on my PS2 I remember from the press reviews that PS2 versions of those games were inferior to their Xbox originals <simplified levels architecture & graphics> & the only extra feature from the PS2 version was 1 extra level in the 1st part (Splinter Cell)

So now for the question (about all those games) - is the HD Trilogy converted from the Xbox or from the PS2 versions of those games??

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/3/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• 2 weeks later...

... as I played those titles on my PS2 I remember from the press reviews that PS2 versions of those games were inferior to their Xbox originals <simplified levels architecture & graphics> & the only extra feature from the PS2 version was 1 extra level in the 1st part (Splinter Cell)

So now for the question (about all those games) - is the HD Trilogy converted from the Xbox or from the PS2 versions of those games??

I'm playing the game right now and it feels just like the Xbox version, but looks different so I'm guessing PS2 (I never played it on PS2, just Xbox)? Examples being in layout. Health bar is horizontal and on the top of the screen, compared to the original Xbox's vertical and on the right side of the screen. Also, keypad codes are different than the Xbox version. From what I've heard, the Xbox, PS2, and PS3 versions ALL had different keypad codes (some were similar, but not ALL were the same).

Rather vague I know, but I hope that helped.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/3/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

They are taken from the PC, which is much superior than the ps2 + xbox versions :)

Buy it, they look fantastic and they are going very cheap on ebay :)

• 4 weeks later...

Already got plats on all 3 of SC games and moved on for the next ones, but thanks for the answer anyway ;) wanted 2 know before playing, but as finally played, a lot of places seemed quite different from those PS2 games I've played years ago... great move of Ubisoft, giving us the version that we've most probably never played if U ask me :)