Rate the trophy difficulty...  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.22

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Unofficially gonna give this Platinum a 6 because I think the quick-save feature takes a lot of the frustration out of the game, making the harder trophies like completing the game without raising the alarm a lot easier. As long as you save regularly it should not be a problem.

I am Unofficially gonna give this Platinum a 6 because I think the quick-save feature takes a lot of the frustration out of the game, making the harder trophies like completing the game without raising the alarm a lot easier. As long as you save regularly it should not be a problem.

Well, that could be true ONLY if it works, in example, in Preince of Persia: Warrior Within you can pass the game without dying just reloading saves, easy, but in Prince of Persia: The motherf****** Two Thrones it has an internal saving that locks the trophy of pass the game without dying if you die only once in the game and f*** your save, you can't reload a past save and unlock the trophy, sometimes saving on an external device (USB) works but that wasn't 100% sure >_<.... So maybe Ubisoft made the same crap with this game so we need some confirmation that reloading past saves works for those trophies...

Well, that could be true ONLY if it works, in example, in Preince of Persia: Warrior Within you can pass the game without dying just reloading saves, easy, but in Prince of Persia: The motherf****** Two Thrones it has an internal saving that locks the trophy of pass the game without dying if you die only once in the game and f*** your save, you can't reload a past save and unlock the trophy, sometimes saving on an external device (USB) works but that wasn't 100% sure >_<.... So maybe Ubisoft made the same crap with this game so we need some confirmation that reloading past saves works for those trophies...

reloading saves works for the alarms not for the dying trophy

reloading saves works for the alarms not for the dying trophy

Finally I got my Plat! The 1st person in the world! :D

I'll give it a 6....the hardest trophy is " Urban Legend " I complete the game without 3 deaths after 2 complete tries.... =)

.........got to Strongly disagree with you on that m8, the sad fact is (in my xp) that it not only does you no favours but it can work against you, for instance for my 1st playthrough i thought get the no medkit T out the way but early in the game i accidentally used one, so i thought no prob i'll just reload etc only to (many hours later) find i never got the dam trophy, as the $### autosave must have ticked off a box or whatever it does, and the end of the game with hardly no health is a pain ,..... but i know what you were thinking when you said that, .... unless i have a glitch as i didn't get the no alarm T either and obviously no-one needs to be told to reload after a fail etc,.... so it (hope not) be my game, btw for size of file it took a long time to both download and install.? any thoughts,??....... ps. haven't earned plat (yet), so sorry for posting on here.

After I got the plat I can say this is about a 7.5 in my book, since we don't have that option here I voted 8.

Mainly because of the frustration that it gave me with the unclear trophy progress and requirements.

Also, to complete the game dying 5 times or less without backing up your savefile will be hard for most people and require learning the game inside out.

The trophy requirements are well done in my opinion, truly makes you master the game. Unfortunately you can get very confused with your progress with them and unlocking some can be a pain.

Got the platinum. I'd want to give it a 4, but I'm going to say 6 because it's only a 4 if you back up often and know the best ways to avoid the fights, the most direct routes to go and how to effectively stun people and lure others away.

The worst part of the game is the grinding required for bronze trophies. Most of the golds and silvers aren't a big issue if you back up saves often, when you clear a mission is an absolute must but it really doesn't hurt to take 2 minutes and back up at every major checkpoint (where the game has a load screen mid-mission).

Edited by SaberBlade

Got the platinum. I'd want to give it a 4, but I'm going to say 6 because it's only a 4 if you back up often and know the best ways to avoid the fights, the most direct routes to go and how to effectively stun people and lure others away.

The worst part of the game is the grinding required for bronze trophies. Most of the golds and silvers aren't a big issue if you back up saves often, when you clear a mission is an absolute must but it really doesn't hurt to take 2 minutes and back up at every major checkpoint (where the game has a load screen mid-mission).

4 i think thats too lame for this game , i think just 6-8 , for any1 never play splinter cell gameplay this should be hard

4 i think thats too lame for this game , i think just 6-8 , for any1 never play splinter cell gameplay this should be hard

That's why I gave it a 6.

I think some people will want to rate it higher because of the amount of pointless grinding required for the bronze but they aren't hard, just a pain in the ass.

However I gave it a 6 rather than the 4 because I've played all the Splinter Cell games. I knew when to expect fights, I knew when and where to rush to avoid battles. I only had problems when I was limiting myself (like Kalinatek with the handgun, or avoiding alerts that I never cared about on Xbox). Others may not be as knowing, so I increased it because others will probably need a lot of trial and error that I went through first time, and it doesn't help you can't aim for shit in this game without the bullet flying off and missing targets or the enemies sponging your rounds.

That's why I gave it a 6.

I think some people will want to rate it higher because of the amount of pointless grinding required for the bronze but they aren't hard, just a pain in the ass.

However I gave it a 6 rather than the 4 because I've played all the Splinter Cell games. I knew when to expect fights, I knew when and where to rush to avoid battles. I only had problems when I was limiting myself (like Kalinatek with the handgun, or avoiding alerts that I never cared about on Xbox). Others may not be as knowing, so I increased it because others will probably need a lot of trial and error that I went through first time, and it doesn't help you can't aim for shit in this game without the bullet flying off and missing targets or the enemies sponging your rounds.

agreed isnt hard but always feeling lazy to do it again and again if fail lol :dance:

Took the hardest route (none of the meta-trophies on my normal playthrough, got everything on hard difficulty). If your wise and backup your save and reload the backup everytime your not sure about something, you're gonna do just fine with 2 playthroughs. I'll rate it an 8, just because it's a very difficult game if you've never played it before and getting through some spots without killing anyone is hard as hell. Probably one of my finest plats to date.

Agree with the felixbf

Thanks to Ubishit this game is awful regarding trophies, but this is a topic that we all know. Ubisoft really can't create a game without messing with trophies.

The most awful thing is that they really don't give a big F about that.

I'm on my run for less than 3 kills per level, no medikits and no alarm, I'm on the second to last level and I saw thanks to the termics that I've just killed a guy with a sticky camera's headshot. God knows how many kills like this I've made.

I've never played SC before but I find it pretty straightforward and with really dumb guards, but is this Ubisoft's carelessness regarding trophies that make me sick.

You can't die and reload, you can't use autosave or it glitches, you can't resume or it glitches, you can't just exit the game with the PS button or it glitches, it randomly corrupts your saves.....you have to have an USB drive to save at the start of the mission and in the middle, better if you got 2 of them....c'mon this is not a game this is a torture.

8. Story is quite short so who's really interessed in the plat maybe with 4-5 runs will eventually get it. Eventually.

PS:

To be honest the fault is mine since I keep buying Ubisoft games.

Edit: finished my normal run and got Stealth Operative, Passive Aggression and Immune no problem. Looks like I got lucky this time, not trying Urban Legend anyway....

Edited by Felcio

At its core this game isnt hard to platinum, what makes it hard is all the glitches you will encounter.. 6-8 times i lost my save due to freezing.(If your PS3 freezes while playing this game = Bye bye save!) So it got to the point where i was backing my save up onto a USB drive after and sometimes during the longer missions. The gold trophies unlock when they feel like it (Along with Urban Legend) I did everything right on my Hard playthrough but no trophies popped at the end but i got lucky on my Normal playthrough and they all popped. (Some people are on playthrough 9+ and are still waiting for the trophies.)

Without the glitches this would be a 4/10 but with them im going with a 6/10.

Def an 8, no alarms were fine thanks to save system, but some things in the game were really annoying, 3 kills limit per mission etc, but in the end the platinum is home. :) (P)

PS: The glitches were annoying too, but at least I lost my save only one time and the Peace Stalker trophy did not wanted to pop out.

Edited by sol!dpes

i just made it to the platinum , bought this from the ps store a week ago and if i my say its the hardest plat i ever had to get , urban legend is a bit** i had to copy my save file after every mission to another user on my console or else i would’nt have got < by the way i got all my gold trophies on my first playthrough lol easy peasy , any way its a hard trophy it would’ve been easier if they fixed the file saves problem.

proudest platinum 4 me^^

Just the Fatal Embrace trophy to go so feel I can now vote. I have voted a 7 as I found some trophies hard like the 3 fatalities one. As it's an older game though there are plenty of YouTube videos if you get stuck.

Now I have voted you watch the last trophy glitch on me.....

Not going to play Pandora yet. Will have a break from sneaking to shoot something!!