Open the gate just before the lighthouse

AnX

Hi everyone.

I remember that when I was playing CT on my pc, before reaching the lighthouse (where you listen about the ambush with lighting storm by ameruicans) I used to pass through the small gate and use the rope to slide to the lighthouse, but I found the gate always closed.

Is a PS3 issue or am I missing certain conditions?

I'm pretty sure that on pc I got there with or without killing enemies and the gate was always open.

Don't remember PC version but i actually did a walkthrough on youtube, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hypSTMrMEI&feature=plcp]Let's Play - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory: Lighthouse. 100% Stealth. - PS3 - YouTube[/ame] - thing is, that there is a guy working on those gates, when you wait a bit there, you can hear him talking to himself - 'close the gate, open the gate, close the gate, open the gate, now the gates r broken' - i didn't wait to find out if he can fix it... just run thro.

Already seen that vid. I've no problem with the game it self. I don't know why, but I'm sure that the rope was accessible. Maybe I will download the PC version to check. I won't be surprised if they messed up with the porting. Like the first chapter where they did't put the three bonus level (if they weren't a PC exclusive)

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly OT, but the three bonus levels in Splinter Cell were originally Xbox exclusive. The original Windows port (which the HD trilogy is based on) did not feature the levels. Ubisoft later sold the levels separately and in discount versions of the game.

That's a choice rather than a mess up. None of the games feature any downloadable extra content for PC, the extra missions from the PS2/GC versions, or multiplayer, and this situation was confirmed by Ubi before release. However, the assets are identical to the base PC versions (they didn't even bother with any HDR additions, texture tuneup etc).

You can see a rope leading from the gate to the lighthouse in CT so there are definitely no differences on the map.

You can see a rope leading from the gate to the lighthouse in CT so there are definitely no differences on the map.

Yes, I can see it but not reach it. I'm still looking for my PC copy but I remember that almost always I used that zip line.

I've tried again different approach to try to open the gate (stealth, aggressive, granades..) but it seems to be locked in some way, even if sometimes two or three of the barricade pieces are down but the last keeps blocking me.

OT

I think, beaause I'm paying and "supporting" this game, they could try to put everything inside. It's just a "copy and paste" to make money.

Just my opinion, but I've surrended to this approch to users were we are used just to steal out money. I'm simply gonna download from PirateBay or whatever.

Visualwalkthroughs said you need to shoot the blowtorch - something I've never done since I always went stealth. In any case I think you have a wrong impression. If a change is being made to a game that means significant changes to a level, textures or gaming mechanics. No company is going to spend the time and effort in coding and Q&A to disable a gate.

The Q&A comes into play with any bonus content - which always requires further licensing and testing. Budget re-releases are nearly always either the most basic version possible, or crammed with all possible content available. If you feel that's stealing fine, but you got three pretty good games for PS3. And they were the technically superior Windows ports at that. Ubisoft never promised anything else.

Besides, the PS3 trilogy has been sold for a tenner for ages now. If that price point drives people to use TPB I'm not counting on them to buy any games anytime soon.

Edited by ars
cleanup