Greater Good? More like Good Grief!

I was trying for that Gold, along with a couple of others(Sentinel, Immune), and am a little confused as to why i got 76, then 74%

I used the STEALTH loadout.

With the 76%, at the end it said i had 3 "identified as an intruder" and 3 bodies found. OK, i understand that, but why the hell did i get the lower score, the 74% when this time i had only 2 "Identifieds" and 1 body found.

I did check the 'knockouts' stat on the 74, and i had 12, with the stealth loadout.

Could this be why?

Doing this level over again is not fun, since this has to be one of the hardest and stressful levels in videogame history! At the same time, you get more familiar. That said, i know in my 74% score, i did the level in shorter time than the 76%.

Can anyone tell me why the difference? And keys to getting at least the 80% before i pull my hair out?

Does your loadout choice affect your score as in if you stick with that plan? In other words, if i'm doing stealth, should i have less knockouts?

• 1 month later...

Obviously you need to try and hide bodies where they won't be found by any guards, to minimise the risk of their discovery. If you happen to be identified by a guard, immediately reload your last save so that the identification won't show up on your results screen once you finish the level. Make sure you save frequently throughout every mission, so that if you need to reload, you hopefully won't have much backtracking to do.

I used the Stealth loadout for every mission on my Normal playthrough, and avoided or knocked out everyone that didn't need to be killed (Lacerda, Nedich, etc). KO'ing guards does not lower your percentage at all, whereas killing them does. So your 12 knockouts were not the reason why you were scoring below 80% on the mission. And which mission were you on, anyway? You didn''t specify. :)

Another reason I can think of that might keep you from scoring 80% or more.... are you making sure to fulfil your Secondary objectives and Opportunity objectives? These can be crucial towards your high percentage, and they caught me out a few times due to my missing multiple such objectives in a couple of levels.

• 2 weeks later...