Unable to hack retinal scanners

Manually or remotely, during the minigame numbers do light up like they're supposed to be but I can't select them.

I think once I was able to pick 1. The rest of the time i'd have to guess with none of the potential number sequences eliminated.

Maybe b/c im playing on expert, or its a bug. Which wouldn't surprise me since this is one lazily ported game.

You need to use the EEV to hack them remotely, basically press R3 (or L3, can't remember) and use the first person view to hack them.

What I mean by hacking them properly is they changed how you hack. Rather than selecting each number as they are highlighted and locking them in (which I was couldn't do in PS3 version but was in PC version), it's really a matter of elimination, using your memory to recall and what appeared, what didn't and often having the correct number for a specific section never highlight.

Manually or remotely, during the minigame numbers do light up like they're supposed to be but I can't select them.

I think once I was able to pick 1. The rest of the time i'd have to guess with none of the potential number sequences eliminated.

Maybe b/c im playing on expert, or its a bug. Which wouldn't surprise me since this is one lazily ported game.

For expert level, you are given limited number of "unlock key" to hack any devices (retina, computer etc...), as compare to normal or hard levels.

Say for example, for the same retina scanner, you are given 7 "unlock key" to unlock in NORMAL level, but only given 3 or less to unlock on EXPERT level...since you need at least 4 unlock keys, it would be impossible to hack it at all in EXPERT level. (need to grab the guide to manually scan it)

OK given you another example which I've encountered yesterday...on the Displace mission, you can remotely unlock the notebook and get the algorithm from the suitcase in NORMAL level (you were given more than 4 unlock keys). But on the EXPERT level, you were only given 3. This will force you to play the game differently in Expert level...instead of remotely unlock, you will have to knock out that guy and hack the notebook right in front of you (which gave you 5 unlock keys).

Hope this helps! :whistle:

Edited by wrxykh

• 2 months later...

OK, I get the part where you have only 1 unlock key, and therefore only get to lock 1 number on the right side (with D pad , press square)...I get that.

BUT : how the flipping hell do I get to s croll down the left side??

No matter what I do, I just can't get in that row of numbers and select the right code

EDIT : just got it...pff, what a headache that remote hacking

Edited by ericje69

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...