Rate the trophy difficulty...  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.86

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well with the ingame dying system from ubisoft some will probably give it a 10

So just when you have to complete the game without dying but you can't restart if you fuck up, everyone gives it a 10? You can actually just pause the game and then quit if you see that you are getting shot at and you have low HP... If you compare this platinum to games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, WipEout HD, and many others, you realize that this isn't that bad after all.

Yes, it's a well-worth 8 from me (basing on the trophy list but won't be voting until I get closer to platinum) but 10 is just overexeggarating. You have to remember that there are more difficult plats out there so if you give this a 10, what does a game like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 then get..? An 11? Okay..

So just when you have to complete the game without dying but you can't restart if you fuck up, everyone gives it a 10? You can actually just pause the game and then quit if you see that you are getting shot at and you have low HP... If you compare this platinum to games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, WipEout HD, and many others, you realize that this isn't that bad after all.

Yes, it's a well-worth 8 from me (basing on the trophy list but won't be voting until I get closer to platinum) but 10 is just overexeggarating. You have to remember that there are more difficult plats out there so if you give this a 10, what does a game like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 then get..? An 11? Okay..

its not only about that lol one wrong drop and youre dead.

and for the shooting, by the time u can press pause it can be too late .

and yes ng2 is harder but that doesnt mean this cant be hard too

only vote when u got it otherwise u could be up for a nasty surprise.

also difficulty is personal

Edited by bizarro10111

Yes and there are games harder than Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, so I guess we should knock NGS2 down a few numbers from 10 because another game is harder than it. Hell I'd say WipeOut is overall harder than NGS2, so I guess since WipeOut is a 10 and it's harder I'll knock NGS2 down to like a 5.... oh but then I gotta knock other games down further and now I have a bunch at 0, but there is no 0 rating. What am I to do now?

A 10 is a 10, no game sets a STANDARD for the 10. Otherwise we'd constantly be knocking down other games because a new harder game came out, and now the standard has been pushed back.

Now I've played all the SC games and beat them, and very good with the online. So from what you say with the 'no death' thing. However I dont see a no-death trophy I only see a 'dont get killed more than 5 times' trophy, so that's not 10 worthy for this game from me either. However I wont say I'm not giving it a 10 just because there are 'harder games' out there.

Edited by CogniVision

I gave it an 8- looks preeeeeetty hard! Then again, I was never any good at this game, I only play it because it's awesome! :D

Why would you vote before playing the game?

I'm halfway through this one, playing on expert and it's not that hard. It's challenging, sure, but not in a throw your controller at the T.V kind of way.

From what I've seen so far, I would give it a 7, but I won't vote yet because I haven't finished playing it!

I would give it a 7 but I bet its more like a 6. I am at the final mission on hard and no deaths with all other trophies other than the normal dif playthrough. Even the expert one was not hard at all. In my opinion the only missions where you may actually screw up and die are Seul and the Bathouse.

7-8 is fair. I rolled the Greater Good and Immune trophies into my easy difficulty run where I also mopped up the more lethal bronze trophies(shotgun/life's edge/heat waves). So I didn't care how many times I died/set off an alarm during my Expert run.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to give it a 5.

The only real issue is your first time, you need to explore the maps and learn how to complete the main/second/bonus objectives in order to get the 80%+. After you've clearned the game on normal and gotten 80% (and hopefully medkits), you can breeze through the game as you don't need to worry about percentages. The fact you don't need to need keep saving/restoring from USB for the 80% trophy is a massive godsend.

The hardest moment for me just the bath house battles, one vs the three guys (which is easy, just had to develop a strategy second and third time around) and the guards who show up as you're disarming bombs (which was easy first, harder on expert and then easier on Hard).

Edited by SaberBlade

Gave it a 5 too - compared to the first Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory is nearly glitch free. It's still a sneaksy game, making the gameplay a lot more challenging, but no trophy stands out as being overly difficult. Obviously a greatly improved game as well, adding new features that make things easier. Great game and definitely worth 10 bucks.

In my opinion it´s around 7, I would give a 6, but these damm trophy glitches (Immune trophy) and that one special enemy in Bathhouse mission, that could see you miles away and shot you. Was annoying in less than 5 death runs.

But still enjoyable platinum.

• 3 weeks later...

Im going with a 7, its the hardest Splinter Cell platinum imo. Which is strange because this is known to be the easiest SC but imo its the hardest... Ive completed this game about 7-8 times on across the GC+Xbox (+2 playthroughs on 3DS but i consider that a different game as there are so many changes..) Mission 8 + 9 are a complete ball ache on Hard without dying! (Tank on Mission 8 + Last two gun battles on Mission 9)

This is a perfect port though, it looks great and runs silky smooth. Shame the online portions were removed, they were by far the best part!

Edited by CoolDust

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted a 5. I'm pretty sure the latest patch has changed what is required when going for the die less than 5 times trophy. The guides say that you need to back up your save to usb to so that you can load a save without your death counting. However I died loads of times and just loaded normaly I wasn't even going for this trophy and was surprised to get it.

Just platinumed the game and overall the game wasn't that hard. I don't know how people can rate the difficulty from 8-10.

I mean, there just only one part of a mission which was hard and it was the Bathhouse.

The encounter with the three fully equipped Shetland guys in the showers was challenging, and the bomb diffusion part was sometimes frustrating. Due to the fact that Sam couldn't grab the stupid ledge when I wanted him to.

Anyways the game is not meant to be played on Expert. Hard is more like it. The light meter is actually useful on Expert. You can gauge it by how exposed or hidden you could be.

Playing the game on Expert is like playing Double Agent for 360/PS3, meaning you are either hidden or glowing like a lightbulb.

Btw, I rated this 6.

Edited by Herokiller

I gave it a 7... it wouldve been lower than that cuz the trophies arent really hard... but because of ubisoft's stupidity in programming them you had to go through it on all difficulties at least once and that was so annoying. Otherwise Id have platinumed it in a single run. I earned all the trophies on expert... but because the "Less than 5 deaths on hard" and "Complete the game on normal difficulty" are so picky about the difficulty setting, I had to do it 2 more times which was just plain annoying and tedious

Edited by WilHiteWarrior

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The best storywise but worst in annoyance factor of the three, I mean really? you have to complete it three times :facepalm: it wasn't that good.

Dificulty 7.5 I think is fair I think it was the most dificult of the three without a doubt the missions were also longer and it had the most missions 10, where the others had 7 I think and were shorter.

Overall not the worst trilogy you could buy I had next to no problems glitch wise and only a few issues which was with the first of them where some actions had to be repeated more than the specified amount for the trophy to unlock.