XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 3 4.41%
4 2 2.94%
5 13 19.12%
6 12 17.65%
7 15 22.06%
8 12 17.65%
9 5 7.35%
10 - Very Hard 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
NBadger

7-8 is fair. I rolled the Greater Good and Immune trophies into my easy difficulty run where I also mopped up the more lethal bronze trophies(shotgun/life's edge/heat waves). So I didn't care how many times I died/set off an alarm during my Expert run.
NBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
SaberBlade

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'm going to give it a 5.

The only real issue is your first time, you need to explore the maps and learn how to complete the main/second/bonus objectives in order to get the 80%+. After you've clearned the game on normal and gotten 80% (and hopefully medkits), you can breeze through the game as you don't need to worry about percentages. The fact you don't need to need keep saving/restoring from USB for the 80% trophy is a massive godsend.

The hardest moment for me just the bath house battles, one vs the three guys (which is easy, just had to develop a strategy second and third time around) and the guards who show up as you're disarming bombs (which was easy first, harder on expert and then easier on Hard).

Last edited by SaberBlade; 09-04-2011 at 10:10 AM.
SaberBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
PKopetzky

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series

Gave it a 5 too - compared to the first Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory is nearly glitch free. It's still a sneaksy game, making the gameplay a lot more challenging, but no trophy stands out as being overly difficult. Obviously a greatly improved game as well, adding new features that make things easier. Great game and definitely worth 10 bucks.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
Hypotenusa

Send a message via MSN to Hypotenusa

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execta View Post
Waiting for the first 10s to show up when people are just looking at the trophy list. And then some morons come and vote 1 just to lower the score. Welcome to, ps3trophies.org!
You are totally right about that.. -.-

I will take friend invites but not without reason.
Hypotenusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #15
sol!dpes

In my opinion itīs around 7, I would give a 6, but these damm trophy glitches (Immune trophy) and that one special enemy in Bathhouse mission, that could see you miles away and shot you. Was annoying in less than 5 death runs.
But still enjoyable platinum.

RE5 platinum.
sol!dpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
CoolDust

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Im going with a 7, its the hardest Splinter Cell platinum imo. Which is strange because this is known to be the easiest SC but imo its the hardest... Ive completed this game about 7-8 times on across the GC+Xbox (+2 playthroughs on 3DS but i consider that a different game as there are so many changes..) Mission 8 + 9 are a complete ball ache on Hard without dying! (Tank on Mission 8 + Last two gun battles on Mission 9)

This is a perfect port though, it looks great and runs silky smooth. Shame the online portions were removed, they were by far the best part!

Last edited by CoolDust; 09-30-2011 at 12:02 AM.
CoolDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
skamod

I reckon it's a 7. It was nice to play a glitch free Splinter Cell.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #18
yllomjess

Not as hard as I was expecting tbh. I voted 5/10 nothing overly difficult apart from the bath house which just needs a little bit of patience.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
douggreen

I voted a 5. I'm pretty sure the latest patch has changed what is required when going for the die less than 5 times trophy. The guides say that you need to back up your save to usb to so that you can load a save without your death counting. However I died loads of times and just loaded normaly I wasn't even going for this trophy and was surprised to get it.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #20
Herokiller

Just platinumed the game and overall the game wasn't that hard. I don't know how people can rate the difficulty from 8-10.

I mean, there just only one part of a mission which was hard and it was the Bathhouse.
The encounter with the three fully equipped Shetland guys in the showers was challenging, and the bomb diffusion part was sometimes frustrating. Due to the fact that Sam couldn't grab the stupid ledge when I wanted him to.

Anyways the game is not meant to be played on Expert. Hard is more like it. The light meter is actually useful on Expert. You can gauge it by how exposed or hidden you could be.

Playing the game on Expert is like playing Double Agent for 360/PS3, meaning you are either hidden or glowing like a lightbulb.

Btw, I rated this 6.

Last edited by Herokiller; 01-19-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Herokiller is offline   Reply With Quote