Death Coaster giving me problems can someone help....

LightChild

The only real reason I keep getting killed is because those small guys with claws are ending my run. They lunge and slash off my arm, once that happens it is very hard to get back on track. I don't have any real strategy for them. I don't know what to do. No one gives me problems but them. I usually use weapons and/or limbs to fill up my blood meter and then go into Berserk mode and kill as much as possible and then once my Berserk mode runs out I kill more enemies to refill my blood meter. The first 3 arenas weren't that bad but this one is giving me problems because of that one enemy...

Oh, and they take off a LOT of life when they hit you....

Well that sucks, made it to the very last few enemies on the last wave and got killed. I was trying to go into Berserk and kept hitting the button but they wouldn't let me. What a terrible feeling..

Edited by LightChild

well i only need right now arena's 4 and 5 for my plat... havent played em cuz they loaded but nothing happened, i just ran around doing nothing till i quit...

but here's what i've been doing on the other 4 arena's I've played...

-Never Turn Berserk Unless there are 4+ "mini bosses" (i call them like this)

-Spam R1+/\ while holding weapon/limb on enemies that dodge a lot

-Hit small enemies with weapon/limb using []

-When weaponless I'll O+[] to Grab and spin the mob around, 1 hitting almost everything, if not leaving them on the verge of death

-When 1-2 mobs still alive, ill O+O to remove a limb, and kill the other one with a [] hit

-Use L1+/\ when there are "mini bosses" around or the green things(the ones that are giving u trouble)

-When monsters hit you, and you stagger(the reason why you couldn't turn Berserk), just hit L1+/\, it will do the Splatter Smash and Free up room around you, enough to let you move out of harm's way.

-NEVER hit "mini bosses" with weapons, I only use Splatter Smash(L1+/\) against them

-Hold /\ for a strong attack on the "mini bosses" to kill them when glowing Red(splatterkill animation takes too long)

-Try to remember which wave has the green crawlers so you'll always have Necro ready, because IF they slice of an arm, just do a Splatter Smash(aim at them!) and you'll have your arm back in its place.

-IF your arm gets sliced off, Splatter Smash, let go of your weapon, grab your arm.

EDIT: -Grab a Blunt Weapon or Limb and Jump+Charge /\ to get one full Necro Bar from Normal Enemies or 2-3 and up to 4 bars of Necro from Teratoids or Bigger Enemies. HELPED OUT A LOT on Wickerman Wave 20 (again, i didnt berserk in here)

SplatterSmash functions like an Insta-regen for the arm and an Anti-Stagger tactic

by following these rules I set for my self, I haven't had a problem with Arena's 1-2-3-6... i died twice in Arena 3 though tnx to the green crawlers chopping off my arms and being Necro-less or just plain chopping off the head.

but since now you know what wave has them, u better save up some Necro to take them out...

here's what i do to avoid using Necro just for them

-run past an important enemy, like a teratoid or the "ass monster" and Splatter Smash... I'll almost always pick em all out.

just fixed my issues with Arena 4 so I'll be doing this now... just need Arena 4 and 5 for my plat =D

PS: sorry if i don't make sense at a time or just repeat the same thing too much, 6am, VERY sleepy but need this plat NOW so i can return the game. No Sleep FTL

Edit 1: just completed Arena Numer 4 in 20:02 on first try by following what i wrote up ahead... i got to Wave 20 with full Necro and about 6 weapons intact... it got a bit hairy but nothing difficult. BTW this wave is pure "mini boss" wave, and i STILL didn't go Berserk form... even tho that granted me full health and infinite Splatter Smash for some time, I didnt do it and still beat the Arena with Rank S

Edit 2: Just Found out that if you need a Quick Necro Boost, gran a weapon, Jump+/\ and you should get 1 full Necro bar and maybe more

Edit 3: PLAT!!!!!! Finished Arena 5 on my first try in 22:19... that Jump+/\ gave me like 3 or 4 Bars of Necro when used on a teratoid... that REALLY helped out on Wave 20...

hope any of this testament helps you out ._.

Edited by Drexiel

well i only need right now arena's 4 and 5 for my plat... havent played em cuz they loaded but nothing happened, i just ran around doing nothing till i quit...

but here's what i've been doing on the other 4 arena's I've played...

-Never Turn Berserk Unless there are 4+ "mini bosses" (i call them like this)

-Spam R1+/\ while holding weapon/limb on enemies that dodge a lot

-Hit small enemies with weapon/limb using []

-When weaponless I'll O+[] to Grab and spin the mob around, 1 hitting almost everything, if not leaving them on the verge of death

-When 1-2 mobs still alive, ill O+O to remove a limb, and kill the other one with a [] hit

-Use L1+/\ when there are "mini bosses" around or the green things(the ones that are giving u trouble)

-When monsters hit you, and you stagger(the reason why you couldn't turn Berserk), just hit L1+/\, it will do the Splatter Smash and Free up room around you, enough to let you move out of harm's way.

-NEVER hit "mini bosses" with weapons, I only use Splatter Smash(L1+/\) against them

-Hold /\ for a strong attack on the "mini bosses" to kill them when glowing Red(splatterkill animation takes too long)

-Try to remember which wave has the green crawlers so you'll always have Necro ready, because IF they slice of an arm, just do a Splatter Smash(aim at them!) and you'll have your arm back in its place.

-IF your ar gets sliced off, Splatter Smash, let go of your weapon, grab ur arm.

SplatterSmash functions like an Insta-regen for the arm and an Anti-Stagger tactic

by following these rules I set for my self, I haven't had a problem with Arena's 1-2-3-6... i died twice in Arena 3 though tnx to the green crawlers chopping off my arms and being Necro-less or just plain chopping off the head.

but since now you know what wave has them, u better save up some Necro to take them out...

here's what i do to avoid using Necro just for them

-run past an important enemy, like a teratoid or the "ass monster" and Splatter Smash... I'll almost always pick em all out.

just fixed my issues with Arena 4 so I'll be doing this now... just need Arena 4 and 5 for my plat =D

PS: sorry if i don't make sense at a time or just repeat the same thing too much, 6am, VERY sleepy but need this plat NOW so i can return the game. No Sleep FTL

Edit 1: just completed Arena Numer 4 in 20:02 on first try by following what i wrote up ahead... i got to Wave 20 with full Necro and about 6 weapons intact... it got a bit hairy but nothing difficult. BTW this wave is pure "mini boss" wave, and i STILL didn't go Berserk form... even tho that granted me full health and infinite Splatter Smash for some time, I didnt do it and still beat the Arena with Rank S

Edit 2: Just Found out that if you need a Quick Necro Boost, gran a weapon, Jump+/\ and you should get 1 full Necro bar and maybe more

Edit 3: PLAT!!!!!! Finished Arena 5 on my first try in 22:19... that Jump+/\ gave me like 3 or 4 Bars of Necro when used on a teratoid... that REALLY helped out on Wave 20...

hope any of this testament helps you out ._.

Hey thanks for the advice, I did it my way afterall and I got it on the first try today. Last night I was just wayy too tired to pull it off. Tried again this morning and got it on the first try. :applause:

I was still so nervous and a little shaky after succeeding at the end of the final wave but I hadn't even come close to death on that run. After the end of the final enemy I still had MANY bars of the necro meter and my health was at full AND I still had that shotgun lying on the floor. I'm proud of myself. My technique worked pretty damn well. Here's what I did:

At first I used enemy limbs to build up my necro meter. Eventually doing this and stomping on as many boreworms as possible achieved many missions and rewarding me with extremely valuable weapons. Then I would start using the weapons to build up my necro meter. Everytime my necro meter was full, I would immediately go into Berserk mode and kill off as many enemies as possible and most of the time I would only use about 3 out of 6 bars of my Necro meter at the most. Saving a Berserk mode for later, NEVER letting myself be incapable of transforming.

In this run I got 2 shotguns, 2!! So I would only use the melee weapons to build up the necro meter and use my shot guns on only the biggest monsters, the shotgun fills up your Necro meter quick, and it does a lot of damage to the big guys. SO at that final wave where they give you a LOT of big guys to kill I had two shotguns to build up my meter and I had plenty of times I went into transformation so I ended the final wave with no real problem. Phew! So yeah mostly with good execution and a little bit of luck I was able to finish it without a problem. Thank god for those 2 shotguns, that was a BIG help....

Also yeah for the guys that cut off your limbs, I never really gave them a chance to cut off my arm. But like you said IF that did happen, just use your splatter slash to take out as many of those guys as possible, and with a little bit of time your arm will grow back. I think I may have had my arm cut off at least once or twice actually, it's kinda hard to avoid getting your arm cut off at least once. Cause it happens very easily...

Now I just need Arena 5 and 6 and I got my Platinum! :applause:

Hey thanks for the advice, I did it my way afterall and I got it on the first try today. Last night I was just wayy too tired to pull it off. Tried again this morning and got it on the first try. :applause:

I was still so nervous and a little shaky after succeeding at the end of the final wave but I hadn't even come close to death on that run. After the end of the final enemy I still had MANY bars of the necro meter and my health was at full AND I still had that shotgun lying on the floor. I'm proud of myself. My technique worked pretty damn well. Here's what I did:

At first I used enemy limbs to build up my necro meter. Eventually doing this and stomping on as many boreworms as possible achieved many missions and rewarding me with extremely valuable weapons. Then I would start using the weapons to build up my necro meter. Everytime my necro meter was full, I would immediately go into Berserk mode and kill off as many enemies as possible and most of the time I would only use about 3 out of 6 bars of my Necro meter at the most. Saving a Berserk mode for later, NEVER letting myself be incapable of transforming.

In this run I got 2 shotguns, 2!! So I would only use the melee weapons to build up the necro meter and use my shot guns on only the biggest monsters, the shotgun fills up your Necro meter quick, and it does a lot of damage to the big guys. SO at that final wave where they give you a LOT of big guys to kill I had two shotguns to build up my meter and I had plenty of times I went into transformation so I ended the final wave with no real problem. Phew! So yeah mostly with good execution and a little bit of luck I was able to finish it without a problem. Thank god for those 2 shotguns, that was a BIG help....

Also yeah for the guys that cut off your limbs, I never really gave them a chance to cut off my arm. But like you said IF that did happen, just use your splatter slash to take out as many of those guys as possible, and with a little bit of time your arm will grow back. I think I may have had my arm cut off at least once or twice actually, it's kinda hard to avoid getting your arm cut off at least once. Cause it happens very easily...

Now I just need Arena 5 and 6 and I got my Platinum! :applause:

hehe nice! man Arena 6 is cake, only problem is, its a very small area and no weapons =/ but its still easy...

Good Luck! ;)

hehe nice! man Arena 6 is cake, only problem is, its a very small area and no weapons =/ but its still easy...

Good Luck! ;)

thanks! I got my platinum! I used the one guy's strategy who started the thread for people having trouble with Survival mode and I gotta say his strategy worked REALLY well, man if I would have done that throughout the game or the other arenas things would have been SO much easier....oh well, I got through it anyways....

thanks! I got my platinum! I used the one guy's strategy who started the thread for people having trouble with Survival mode and I gotta say his strategy worked REALLY well, man if I would have done that throughout the game or the other arenas things would have been SO much easier....oh well, I got through it anyways....

nice:P gratz on ur new plat XD

oh and i really never entered tha thread since i didnt have probs with the arenas but o well, good to know u had no trouble either =] lot of people now on my psn asking me to do their arenas XD bunch of lazy people XD

• 1 year later...