How many of you actually played the original Splatterhouse back in the late 80s....

LightChild

How many of you actually played the original Splatterhouse back in the late 80s and loved it....I was in love with Splatterhouse for the TG-16 and now an arcade opened up by my house that actually has the Splatterhouse arcade game, it's the second arcade to have the game in the U.S. there is only one other arcade to hold it...but anyways yeah the arcade game is sooo much harder than the TG-16 version and that's the version they give you to unlock on this new version, pretty damn sweet if you ask me....I mean it's great cause even if people missed out on this game back in the late 80s they now have access to it, thanks to Namco putting it in there.....I was also just thinking it woulda been pretty cool to have them put in trophies for the old games as well, that woulda been cool, oh well, we can't get everything...

Edited by LightChild

I played it in the early 90's, wasn't alive in the 80's haha. I loved it back then, and even though I've barely played it on the new version of the game it's still nice to re-live memories of my childhood.

Good enough! Yeah it's great to re-live memories of your childhood. Great roadmap and guide you made by the way!:)

I remember people playing that game in the arcade near to my school (I was 5 yo) and it was Love at first sight! I always said to myself "wow I would like to live in that house!" "I would like to be like that when I`m older", that`s why I think the game is priceless, not only is a great game (kind of what I was expecting for a castlevania these days) if not is a great collection! finally having the classic games after all these years! thanks Namco! You made my christmas happier! :D

I know I`ve said too much already...but what`s wrong with Ign`s review? giving the game a 4! (even barbie`s games have higher scores) :mad:

Yeah I'm pretty dissapointed with Gamespot and IGN. I mean they gave this game like a 4 and a 4.5. That's just wrong! I mean yeah I know the game isn't perfect but I think it's a really fun game. Critics look mostly on the technical side of how the game is made and they saw this game made very poorly, me for one didn't see that at all. I don't know what their problems are. I mean yeah it has kind of long loading times but that's the only small complaint I really have. They said the platforming is awful, I didn't think it was awful. It mean it was okay but it wasn't THAT bad. I say play what you find fun, who cares what the critics think. I think their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt....also a game that is not perfect technically does NOT mean it won't be fun. Anyways I think this game is pretty awesome...

I never saw the original in the arcades, but played it alot on a friends TG-16. Loved it.

When 2 and 3 came out on the Genesis, I played the hell out of them. I even own 2 and 3 for the genesis to this day.

That's awesome! Yeah I mean I missed out on the arcade boom of the 80s, but there is an arcade that opened up by my house, it's supposedly the second largest arcade in the U.S. and they actually have Splatterhouse! There is only ONE other arcade in the entire U.S. that holds Splatterhouse, supposedly its a VERY rare arcade game. So I played it there for the first time and then unlocked it on this new version. I actually beat it, but on the PS3 not in the arcade. I'm guessing it's different when your playing with a PS3 controller as opposed to a joystick in the arcade. A friend of mine had the TG-16 version and introduced me to it wayyy back in the late 80s and I loved it! So i bought a turbo and got the game.

I never played the Genesis ones since I had a Super Nintendo when I was younger and never had a Genesis so I missed out on those. But playing those unlocked on the new version I gotta say they were okay. I didn't think they were anything special. I don't know. I'd give them like a 6/10. I mainly love the original game and this new version was great.

• 3 weeks later...

I had Splatterhouse 3 on Genesis when I was a kid, it was/is one of the best games for that system in my opinion. I never saw the original Splatterhouse or the second one for sale or rent anywhere when I was young; so I always assumed they only came out in Japan or something.

Not until ROMs started becoming widely available did I get to play the other two, and that stupid Japanese one where Rick is like a 4 year old.

I remeber playing all 3 back in the day, last year just before the game was announced I ripped all 3 to a CD to play on my old DC (the japs got all 3 as a game release back in 200X) and they were still awesome. Smoke a few and rip on splatterhouse, a quality night

This one though is awesome a truly great way to bring it to the next gen machines. Graphics and sound are awesome, my only gripe is sometimes I feel my button presses get queued and that's a feature I'd like to se removed from games. Still, if you're thinking of buying don't hesitate. I did and am glad I took the plunge to quote my buddy when we were playing it last night "Money well spent!"

Used to be in local arcade and the fish and chip shop, went down their after school ahh the smell of vinegar n splattehouse childhood memories, only could make it as far as second room wit those blasted worms or if very lucky to the chainsaw dude (which lasted a few seconds).

Came out on virtual console year or so ago and as I was playing something didn't feel right checked online and apperently there is two different versions :eek:

Under ports

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splatterhouse

Edited by Mcgoff

I remember the original in the arcade and I thought the difficulty was brutal. When I found out that this was released on the TG16 it, along with Bonk's Adventure, it made me really want the system. I never got the TG16, but I did find Splatterhouse 2 for the Genesis for cheap at a video store about 15 years ago. In my opinion, 2 was the most fun of the original trilogy.

• 2 months later...

I played the original back in the day at the Minnesota State Fair! I was so impressed that they would allow a game so gory to played by kids! Just loved it and got pretty far until I ran out of money. I remember quitting and being bummed out that I had to save my remaining money for fair food. I also remember it being very HARD! Ah, great gaming memories!

I did!back in 1990 i think.i was 10,the game had been out for a while i guess so no one ever played it-it was an old beat up cabinet,no official writing or nothing just the circuit board of the game inside it.It stood out as there was no other horror game i had seen-20p a shot-what a bargain!everyone else was playing crime fighters,outrun or operation wolf or the newer games.

• 1 month later...

I never had the pleasure of the original games the first time around. I hadn’t played Splatterhouse 1 until I unlocked it in the new game. I remember seeing Splatterhouse 2 on a Sega video in the 90s and thinking it was a brutal looking game The first time I played 2 & 3 was on emulators about 10 years ago, I have since bought the cartridges on e-bay.

• 2 weeks later...

i remember how excited i was when i found Splatterhouse 2 for the Genesis... it was kind of a hard game to find in my area and i was hooked instantly. i loved how the game had a warning label on it maybe a full 2 years before official ratings on boxes started. i remember how sick it was first time i had to take a chainsaw to a fetus hanging from a noose...

Not sure why I didn't see this thread before...:think:

Never played a Splatterhouse game, this reboot being my first. Booted the classics that came with this game and I must say they are very hard!

BACK IN DAAAA DAYSSSSS. It was the pinnacle of videogame history these arcade games. only had one life and you'd start at the very start, but it's so rewarding when you finish them all.

And no i haven't, only seen them in a cousin's gamepro. I think it was a page from gamepro 91? Biggyman vs rick. I don't know why there's a 88 review in a 91 gamepro lol.