XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
GnomesAreScary

Default For Those Having Trouble with Survival Mode

Try to learn the best attacks for certain enemies. What I have found most effective is use the combo on any enemy that you can grab. The bigger enemies are very easily killed with the Splatter Smash combo twice in a row. For the annoying, quick enemies that run away from you, get a weapon like the 2x4 or the metal pipe or the baseball bat and use the basic ram attack on them, it'll kill them in 1 hit.

Using these techniques I have easily been able to get under the time limits on the challenges.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Blood_Runs_Cold

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

If you want to stand a chance at beating the time limits on the survival arenas, jumping splatter smash is you best friend.

Jump and hold R-1 and triangle, until Rick touches the ground. It has a decet aoe damage effect and is almost guaranteed to kill 99% of all enemies in 1 hit, including the whip mini bosses and big arm abhores.

I dedicate my platinum to this 1 and only move.

Trust me, this is the one you want to use, Also, if you need quick necro, don't be afraid to break a melee weapon over a whip mini boss's head, it will give you at least two bars to continue the jumping splatter smash assult.

Hope this helps, and one more time: jump, R-1 + hold Triangle.
This move alone will bring victory in survival arenas.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Thunder_At_Home

Another handy tip against the Aegis is to use your ground Splatter Smash, trying to charge them often results in them getting away and when you are against 5 demons and 3 butt monsters (?) it's very difficult.

Aim your Smash towards them, it works 9/10 times and kills them instantly.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_At_Home View Post
Another handy tip against the Aegis is to use your ground Splatter Smash, trying to charge them often results in them getting away and when you are against 5 demons and 3 butt monsters (?) it's very difficult.

Aim your Smash towards them, it works 9/10 times and kills them instantly.
OR.... You could equip a melee weapon, do a ram with triangle, and the aegis will fall in one hit.

Helps for wickerman.

Plus, it says the enemies ar invincable when the aegis hits them with that green aura, but when in berserker mode, they STILL take damage.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Thunder_At_Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Runs_Cold View Post
OR.... You could equip a melee weapon, do a ram with triangle, and the aegis will fall in one hit.

Helps for wickerman.

Plus, it says the enemies ar invincable when the aegis hits them with that green aura, but when in berserker mode, they STILL take damage.
The problem with trying to ram them with or without a weapon is they still have a chance to float away, and during that last wave on Wickerman, you don't want to take chances.

The splatter smash is a virtual guarantee of death on an Aegis, you can chance the ram but I recommend the smash over the ram when you are faced with a horde of big guys charging at you.

Either way works obviously, I just had much better success using the smash instead of trying to charge the Aegis while avoiding everyone else.

I never used Berserk once during the arenas, smash and slash are pretty much all you need, I just used the extra arms and weapons on the big guys, refilled my blood and just hacked away.

Last edited by Thunder_At_Home; 12-06-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Thunder_At_Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_At_Home View Post
The problem with trying to ram them with or without a weapon is they still have a chance to float away, and during that last wave on Wickerman, you don't want to take chances.

The splatter smash is a virtual guarantee of death on an Aegis, you can chance the ram but I recommend the smash over the ram when you are faced with a horde of big guys charging at you.

Either way works obviously, I just had much better success using the smash instead of trying to charge the Aegis while avoiding everyone else.

I never used Berserk once during the arenas, smash and slash are pretty much all you need, I just used the extra arms and weapons on the big guys, refilled my blood and just hacked away.
Wave 20 on wicker man! Screw that, Berserker was my best friend on that arena.

Good tips

Old 12-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Thunder_At_Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Runs_Cold View Post
Wave 20 on wicker man! Screw that, Berserker was my best friend on that arena.

Good tips
I never used berserk because honestly, I was too scared I would screw up and have to do it again. I only did it twice, the first time I had 27:34 and realized that grabbing and then slamming the smaller guys saves tons of time. Before that I was ripping the arms off and beating them with it and trying the ram on the Aegis but having little success because the stupid thing kept moving most of the time.

After that I switched to the grab and slam and the splatter smash method and got 23:32, both methods work equally well, I had no issues ramming the Aegis on any other map except this one, I chalk it up partly to getting really ticked at the whole thing. I probably would have avoided the headache the first time if I had switched to berserk, I was just too focused on the whole jumping splatter smash/splatter slash on everything.

Wave 20 is by far the most intense moment of the whole game, kudos to both of us for doing it, even the sixth arena was child's play compared to it.

And oh yes, what an awesome game, bloody, gory, NUDITY and makes fun of itself through the whole thing, how can you not love it??

Last edited by Thunder_At_Home; 12-06-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Thunder_At_Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
LivemeLifefree

What was up with Arena six being a joke? It felt like it should've been Arena 2 or 3.
LivemeLifefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivemeLifefree View Post
What was up with Arena six being a joke? It felt like it should've been Arena 2 or 3.
Well, I'm guessing after arena 4(carnival) and 5(wicker man) they devs felt we players could use a break lol

Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
a558Ra1N

thanks for the tips on the jumping splatter smash. the most powerful move in the game i believe.

for the aegis, i always use the R1 + L1 + S for the running splatter slash move. 1 hit and it slices that bloody coward into half before it can even teleport away.
a558Ra1N is offline   Reply With Quote