Rate the trophy difficulty...  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.98

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've beaten the game and did the Survival mode, and about halfway through Brutal difficulty. I'm not voting yet, but I'd give it a 6 because of getting S ranks and also the last two stages can be kind of tricky. Everything else is easy, get so many kills with this or that and collection stuff.

EDIT: Quite possibly a 7 or 8, I can't get more than 1 S-rank, and that was just the first level. You have to beat ALL 20 waves in under 12 minutes to get an S rank. I'm maxed out right now, and I can't even come close. GRRRAARRR!!!

Edited by mega_man_aXe
GRRRAARRR!!

not true about beating all 20 waves in 12 mins to get an S rank. i beat the 3rd level in 22 mins and got it. i think its a combination of the hidden challenges and the time. i had 8 of 10 challenges when i got the S. but yes, these arenas are tough.

Thats a relief, I thought I was going to have to beat all of those in under 12 minutes.

Ok, after playing this for some time now and still struggling to get some of the S-ranks, I can honestly say a 7. The S-ranks are the main problem, along with some frustrating sections on Brutal mode.

They've released some DLC which is another Survival arena, which I assume can count towards your total 6 S-ranks, but whether or not its easier I don't know because I don' have it.

After playing till platinum, I would have to vote a good 6.

The game has a huge majority of pretty easy trophies, but the survival trophies will send some into a rage.

With enough practice with all combos and what enemies are weak to, plus a little luck, the arenas can be completed.

In the end, the arena are Hell, a bit frustating, but far from impossible.

this is IMO a 5. could have given a 4. but i add one more point cos i may not pass the arena w/o reading the forum here. esp the 10 secret missions. how the hell ppl will notice that small miserable sentence with all the intense and fast paced, bloody and gory battle ongoing.

also might not get the S ranks as well cos most of the time i use splatter slash instead of splatter smash.

story mode on brutal level is a joke. but maybe if start with no upgrades might be a little challenging. the collectibles are easy to find but it sure is damn glitchy. i missed 2 or 3 of the missing pics but there are right on the path which you have to pass by. i swear there is no way i could have missed it. cos i bash up any crates and barrels. but so far, the collectibles are the best compare to all other games. lol...

I gave it an 8.

I enjoyed it a lot, and even purchased the DLC arena level.

Couldn't get 2 of the trophies.

Tried for 3 days to get Wickerman, and can't get pass 27:14 (even getting to wave 20 with 19:30 on the clock and 2 shotguns and 1 chainsaw in reserve)

Also couldn't get the 10 secret missions.. I always ended up with 9/10 .. many many times; always ran out of enemies for the 50 enemies in berserk mode.

With all the upgrades, I think Brutal level was easier than coward.

Really wanted this as my 22nd Platinum... but couldn't do it.

I only have the 3 and 6 S ranking trophies left to get oh and getting the rest of Jen's photo pieces. I'm guessing the photo collecting will be easy so the only thing I am thinking MAY be difficult is getting the S rankings on the later Arenas, but so far the trophies have been pretty easy to get....I won't vote until I get all of them though to be fair....

i vote 3.this game is fucking easy to platinum.

I don't understand why idiots post comments. You have not played this game before according to your trophy card and you leave no explanation to why you are voting so low. This site has some of the smartest people but also some of the stupidest.

btw, you're the latter.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the difficulty a 3/10.

I was anticipating something more difficult, but the S-Rank arenas, outside of Death Coaster (I only had trouble with Wave 1), I beat all on my first try. Beating the game on Brutal was easier than beating it on Easy the first go around, considering you get to keep your upgrades. By the time you finish the second playthrough, you should have all the kill trophies just by natural progression. If not, then surely while doing the survival arenas. Ultimately, there was no trophy that was really all that difficult, just takes the time to do it.

The only trophy I failed a couple of times attempting was the 10 secret missions in the survival arenas. I tried it three times on the first Survival Arena, but always finished with 9/10 done. I tried it on the Slaughterhouse Arena, got on my first try at around Wave 18.

Edited by SamSanchez

This was easy.

Playing through the game first time on the harder setting (the one before Brutal) is not that much of a challenge at all, theres probably 3 sections at the most you'll struggle with, this is normally down to inexperience and not being leveled up enough.

The arena trophies, again easy. The 10 secret missions can be done on the first area without too much trouble at all, otherwise to get S ranks all you have to do is grab and enemy and press square, then splatter-smash for the boss type enemies. For the first few arenas you don't even have to have maxed stats to get S-Ranks. Once you do have max stats you'll uterrly fly through it.

Also how did people find Shadow of the Wickerman hard? I got an S-Rank on my second attempt. Just save all the weapons until the end and don't collect the brown boxes so you've got a quick way to get some of your necro bar back if you deplete it using the splatter smash.

After you do that, playing the game on Brutal will make you utterly fly through the game, at max stats with the arena experience behind you, theres nothing here at all that presents you with a challenge.

4/10. (and thats only because if you get caught by multiple blue enemies in the arena, it's usually game over since theres very little you can do.)

Edited by King_Ubu

This was easy.

Playing through the game first time on the harder setting (the one before Brutal) is not that much of a challenge at all, theres probably 3 sections at the most you'll struggle with, this is normally down to inexperience and not being leveled up enough.

The arena trophies, again easy. The 10 secret missions can be done on the first area without too much trouble at all, otherwise to get S ranks all you have to do is grab and enemy and press square, then splatter-smash for the boss type enemies. For the first few arenas you don't even have to have maxed stats to get S-Ranks. Once you do have max stats you'll uterrly fly through it.

Also how did people find Shadow of the Wickerman hard? I got an S-Rank on my second attempt. Just save all the weapons until the end and don't collect the brown boxes so you've got a quick way to get some of your necro bar back if you deplete it using the splatter smash.

After you do that, playing the game on Brutal will make you utterly fly through the game, at max stats with the arena experience behind you, theres nothing here at all that presents you with a challenge.

4/10. (and thats only because if you get caught by multiple blue enemies in the arena, it's usually game over since theres very little you can do.)

I cant agree more with you man! I also got S rank on Shadow of the Wickerman on my second try. (Fell short by 30 seconds on my first try.) Splatter smash makes Brutal an absolute cake walk!

No way in hell is this game an 8! (IMO)

4/10

I cant agree more with you man! I also got S rank on Shadow of the Wickerman on my second try. (Fell short by 30 seconds on my first try.) Splatter smash makes Brutal an absolute cake walk!

No way in hell is this game an 8! (IMO)

4/10

Yeah...I think people overrating the difficulty probably played a big part in preparing me for something that really wasn't all that difficult. I actually got the Shadow of the Wickerman (as well as all others except Death Coaster), on my first try. I think I still had roughly 2-3 minutes to spare too for Wickerman.

I almost gave this a 2, but went with 3 because I did have to try to get S ranks on survival. This was a 2day plat so I can't see it being harder than a 3 unless you are really struggling on the survival arenas. I got lucky and S-ranked them all on my 1st tries except the chapel, which took a few tries cuz I kept chasing those darn invulnerable buffering octopi! Thnx PS3T!

oh and this game and mafia2 have made me want collectibles to be based on boobs forever after. Peace

The major real challenge is gathering sufficient blood to buy all the skills and getting far enough in the story to unlock the Splatter Smash. Blood acquired keeps accumulating, you never lose blood from dying. Aside from being backtracked, there are no real penalties for dying.

After that it's only a matter of patience. It's easy to miss collectables during the first run, but given the straight forward nature of the game it's not that challenging to clean up the second time around.

Survival mode does provide challenge because certain stages do really hate on the player between lots of those foes that hurt the player from simple proximity as well as lots of the big enemies with the Aegis monsters. However, once all the skills are unlocked getting all S ranks it doable. True, the secret missions are B.S. Master the Survival mode and those skills make the game on hard mode far less challenging.

I'd say 3.5 is a fair rating for platinum difficulty, but I had to give it a 3.

yeah, i beat the challenge modes after i beat the game on coward. I should have waited for a few more upgrades, but I didn't want to redo the story so fast again.

but if you can get through challenge mode then hardest difficulty is easy.

hardest part is ramming that aegis and slashing it while its clustered around enemies. i kept chasing those damn octopi all over the arena and thats a real time killer.

The best way to save time in Survival against Aegis is to use the regular Splatter Smash. Aiming can be tricky, but if it connects the monster dies right there. I also suspect that it also hurts enemies in spite of the invulnerability effect.

By the way, those spindly little monsters that can take your arm off are easier to manage by simply using a Splatter skill to instantly regenerate your arm. Works like a charm.

hardest part is ramming that aegis and slashing it while its clustered around enemies. i kept chasing those damn octopi all over the arena and thats a real time killer.
That's why you should always go for a Running Splatter Slash ^^ No ram necessary.

I'll say 4.5/10.

Story mode is quite easy for the most part. Certain parts of the sidescrolling sections will lead to an instant death if you're not careful, but you really don't need to worry about those, I promise. With the right upgrades, you'll fly through Brutal mode *hint* weaponized kills, splatter smash and a fully-charged jumping smash *hint* ;D Life Siphon makes the game manageable (even without the upgrade) as well.

Meeting the time requirements for Survival Arena is probably the biggest [and only] challenge you'll face on the road to plat, but I'm sure most of the average gamers will be able to do this, while others may struggle. Again, weaponized grab/kills, splatter smash, and charged jumping splatter smash will be used the most, I guarantee. Near the end of the last few arenas, if you're desperate for Necro, don't be afraid to splatter kill the large enemies to refill your meter.

My first arena I got an A (arena virgin), then I amazed myself by getting S the rest of the way :dance: No retries, except #1, and then #3 for the "10 Secret Objectives". Ding!