1. 1. What's Arena is more hard?

• West Mansion Lobby
    • Slaughterhouse
    • West Observation Room
    • The Death Coaster
    • Shadow of The Wicker Man
    • West Manor Chapel

Shadow of the Wickerman.

That one was the hardest for me, and I kept dying in the last round, so I had to replay it again and again. And every try is more than 20 minutes.

But finally got it yesterday and with that my Plat.

Now waiting for PSN to go online again, so I can finally sync my trophies.

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow of the Wickerman.

Once I began getting the S ranks the first four all took one attempt, the sixth arena I managed in two, but the wicker man must of taken me at least 7 or 8 attempts. I was playing repeatedly for about 4 hours. Once I missed out by 10 seconds, then I missed out by 6. I was fuming. When I finally beat the round it was great. I got three trophies’ in a row including the Platinum. I think it’s my proudest Platinum alongside Def Jam Rapstar.

There is a lot of good arena advice online regarding arenas which is essential, but here is one tip I discovered myself which got me through this nightmare. Anyone who’s tried this arena a few times will know that wave 18 is hard and wave 20 is mental. (19 is in fact quite easy and helps you prepare for 20). When you finishing wave 19 make sure that you’re holding a weapon and have at least two splatter smashes ready. Stand next to the wicker man’s leg as wave 20 loads and a big toad creature will spawn first. Hit him with the weapon and the two Splatter Smashes and that should take care of him before any squids spawn.

Now here is the tip. Button bash furiously with the ‘run’ button and square / circle / triangle. This won’t hurt the remaining enemies as the squids spawn but I find it’s a much better survival technique when looking for the squids amongst the all mess and other enemies. Your blood should increase at a much higher rate and if you do take damage you can blood sipher. As soon as you notice a squid either Splatter Smash in its direction or charge him first then smash straight after. One smash should kill each squid. As soon as the green protection lines disappear around the other bosses do more charging to build up blood, more siphering to increase your health and a lot more smashing to attack the enemies.

Hope this helps. Ell ;o)

Shadow of the Wickerman. I was prepared, but not as prepared as I should have been, and I almost learned too late that you should splatter smash the squids as soon as possible. As it had been 20 minutes when I got to the final wave, it was more about surviving than managing to finish on time, so I had no choice but to use splatterkills because I needed the extra necro bars just so I wouldn't die from all the enemies ganging up on me.

Edited by SA2

Wow! Not even close for me! The Shadow of the Wickerman arena was by far the hardest. Damn, it was harder than beating the game on Brutal! For SP I started on Savage which was hard because I didn't have all the powers or know which moves worked best. I surprised myself by DESTROYING the 2 Mirror Rick's on Brutal in my first try. So yeah, Shadow of the Wickerman's reputation is extremely well deserved!

Here is my run down of how many tries each survival arena took me to complete them:

West Mansion Lobby - 2

Slaughter House - 1

West Observation Room - 1

Death Coaster - 3

Shadow of the Wickerman - 25:31 - 12

West Manor Chapel - 1

For Shadow of the Wickerman I was able to beat it on my first try at 27:25. I didn't even look at the clock the whole round. When I beat it I stood up went YES! but then looked at the clock and was bummed out. I did such a great job that I had no idea how I was ever going to beat it. 11 rounds later I beat it and I felt like I was 10 yrs old again! To funny! Just screamed YES! Over and over, thankfully my 3yr old and wife were out of the house! :) I cannot believe how hard the final level was. I utilized Elliott Gill's great information and was able to get rid of the first Anus Monkey before the Aegis made them invincible. Now all I have to do is get some pictures of Jen and do the 10 special missions which won't be hard after what I have been through. Platinum here I come, nothing, NOTHING is going to stop me now! :)

Wicker man. I escaped this one by sheer luck. Beat it in about 23 mins, but the time wasn't the problem....it was trying not to die during the last few waves.

The number of large enemies you have to fight at once near the end is unbelievable. I remember going after what I thought were the last three enemies, thinking I was almost finished, only to swivel the camera around and find that four more very large enemies had just spawned.

Looking back, I can't believe I beat it.

Wicker man. I escaped this one by sheer luck. Beat it in about 23 mins, but the time wasn't the problem....it was trying not to die during the last few waves.

The number of large enemies you have to fight at once near the end is unbelievable. I remember going after what I thought were the last three enemies, thinking I was almost finished, only to swivel the camera around and find that four more very large enemies had just spawned.

Looking back, I can't believe I beat it.

You know what, looking back I cannot believe I beat the Shadow of the Wickerman arena either! I totally agree with you! It was a shock towards the end of the arena. 20 was completely insane with all the Anus Monkeys! Beating this arena made me very proud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

No one else has problems with 'West Mansion Lobby' besides me? I would rank them like this for difficulty:

West Mansion Lobby- 9/10

Slaughterhouse- 3/10

West Observation Room- 3/10

The Death Coaster- 6/10

Shadow of The Wicker Man- 5/10

West Manor Chapel- 8/10

In all honesty, 'Wicker Man' wasn't my problem (as it was for most of you). Other Arena's had glitches of weapon boxes having nothing inside of them...or they wouldn't drop for a long time. Then those skinny creatures with their non-stop hitting and almost killing you with the arm removal was another issue that I had to deal with. The last Arena seemed to dark to me, and the creatures liked to hide...so I can understand why someone else voted on that one.

I usually agree with the majority when it comes to a certain level that was bothersome...but I guess this time I'm in the minority. Weird.

Edited by Reaper Cloud

The Death Coaster was hardest for me thanks to all the demon Jeniffers that slice your arms off. I actually beat Shadow of the Wickerman on my first try, I honestly don't know why everyone had so much trouble on it. I missed the last photo on it though, so I had to go through it again. But again, I did that on my first try.

I guess different people just find different arenas hard. On Shadow of the Wickerman, since you get so many damn arms, I did the :r1: + :triangle: uppercut with the arms on the big guys. It doesn't break the arm and you get a nice amount of necro to go along with it. Use that necro on the ones left over and it isn't too hard to do the final wave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just completed Shadow of the Wickerman (S-Rank) with around 40 seconds to spare. It took me only two attempts (as I died during the final wave the first time).

I would have to say, it has been the hardest one of the S-Rank times I have attempted to far due to the sheer volume of mini-bosses you have to fight. It would seem the best method is throwing (Circle --> Square) anything smaller than you and spamming L1+Triangle on anything larger. Use weapons when possible and weapon grab to refill your meter when you run out of segments.

Even with the perfect method however, most people seem to still be just doing it in the 25 minute region. The others I did on my first S-Rank attempt. Just the chapel left to do :)

Edited by JayPhoenixEnt

• 2 weeks later...