Good game or not?

• 1 month later...

It does have a variety of enemies. The voice acting is pretty good, but I can't understand how anyone would say this game has good controls. The camera is terrible and web-swinging/zipping/wall-crawling is a mess. I certainly wouldn't buy this game (fortunately or unfortunately for me, it was a gift). I can't even say I'd recommend you rent this game, unless you're a huge spiderman fan.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought this for $20.00 brand new, gotta love Ebay! The price is dropping fast on this game, so I figured it was worth a pickup. I am a huge Spider-Man fan but I tend to not buy games at $60.00 unless they have a pedigree I am familiar with, and with Spider-Man games the pedigree is less than stellar.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've always been a Spider-Man fan, but never bothered with any games since we all know they usually suck. But after trying and loving Arkham Asylum (I've yet to play City but I have it), I figured I'd give it a try and borrowed it from a friend. I'm absolutely loving it, and I just beat Sandman wearing the Bombastic Bag-man suit. Can't wait to try see how the Spider-Armor looks. :D

My only complaint would be the controls though. Web-slinging is okay, but wall-crawling is pretty bad.

Edited by Nave

• 4 weeks later...
It does have a variety of enemies. The voice acting is pretty good, but I can't understand how anyone would say this game has good controls. The camera is terrible and web-swinging/zipping/wall-crawling is a mess. I certainly wouldn't buy this game (fortunately or unfortunately for me, it was a gift). I can't even say I'd recommend you rent this game, unless you're a huge spiderman fan.

Agreed. I'm currently playing it now and Web Zipping is fing obnoxious. You can never zip to where you want to go. The camera as keeps getting stuck in certain parts in all of the levels I have played so far. It's an awesome game from what I can gather after playing it about 5 hours but the controls are terrible.

• 1 month later...

well I bought the game for my nephew last week because he really wanted the game got it for around $20 and the game is good although I do have an issue with the camera, sometimes when you crawl on the ceiling the camera messes up which can get a little annoying when moving around but overall it's a good game so it's kind of worth buying for $15-$20

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I enjoyed all the different Spider-Man dimensions. I think my favourite one would be Ultimate and Noir Spider-Man. I enjoyed all the stealth elements of the Noir and the sheer power of the Ultimate Spider-Man. Each level was also different from the last to keep things interesting instead of just Manhattan. I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had playing this game.

My only complaint would be the awful camera when you are wall crawling, especially traversing from the wall to the ceiling.

I am just cleaning up the plat medals in each level. If you are new to the game I would suggest trying to get the hidden spiders, spider emblems collection count and combos out of the way first (although the combo score won't be able to get a plat until you unlock more powerful combos.) Also try to finish off most if not all the Web of Destiny challenges on your first try through the level.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

its one of the better comic book games. its not on par with the arkham games but its much better than alot of the lamer ones like both iron man games. i like caps game more over spideys simply because of the camera on this suck while wall crawling.

i also dislike the noir levels.

if i want to play MGS ill play MGS not spidey.

• 2 months later...

I'm a Spider-man fan have fond memories watching when I was a child and thoroughly enjoyed the movies and previous games but just didn't seem to click with me which I find a pity because I did like the sound of it. Maybe it's because the free roam in Spidey games just makes it good in it's own way.