For people having trouble with Carnage combo platinum

This is some tips for people who found getting the combo platinum in carnage level difficult. I personally found it difficult, when i could use 1 or 2 combos in the other levels. Basically i would be getting like 27, 000 in other levels, but using the same tricks in carnage's level, i only got like 17, 000.

First of all, carnage's level on hard is difficult, as you take a lot of damage. The gunner zombies and the slayers (flamethrower robots) are real damage dealers and can wipe you out in a few seconds.

After running through the level multiple times, here are a few strategies:

General:

1) you can use rage mode and still get combo plat, but rage mode limits your combos. I tend to save rage mode, and only use it when caught by a zombie grab, as activating it gives you a free release, and then deactivate it.

2) fight all the groups of enemies - gives you a chance

Step by step analysis of level:

Battle 1:

The first zombie room

This is easy. Use Triangle + Circle attack, Square x4 hold Square (charge) attack, Square + Cross attack (spike pillars), Triangle (hold) then Square, Square, Triangle, Square (8-legged fury) combos.

If caught, use rage to escape and continue. Vary your triangle + circle attack and Square x4 into charge attack.

Battle 2:

Protecting the scientist

Same as battle 1.

At the end, hit all the boxes to max your health.

Battle 3:

The Slayer

Now here is a good place to learn to fight the slayer. Unlike in 2099 where you could abuse accelerated vision, here, you can't. Furthermore he can and will rape your health in a couple of hits. Also, his hit stun is random and he can counter anytime. So, how do you beat this guy effectively?

Now, the first thing to note is his attacks.

1) foot stomp

- jump away

2) two hit sword slash (horizontal followed by vertical)

- jump away

3) turn around massive slash (where he slams the ground hard with his blade)

- run backwards a good distance

4) flamethrower (he pauses as he raises his arm up)

- run out of range

- he always does 2 fire sweeping arcs

The only safe way to attack him is to use Triangle + Circle (crowd clearer) after attacks 2 + 4 and when he walks towards you. The spin gives you good combo points and allows you to recover relatively fast. Always use this move, it can also randomly cause a hit stun on the robot, in which case repeat the move again.

When he uses attack 3, run forward and use Triangle, Triangle and stop. If the robot reels back, use the third triangle, otherwise run back and wait for his next attack. This is the safest way I found to beat him until you get the circle prompt to finish him. These robots have a lot of health, so you have to be patient.

I try to avoid rage mode, as rage attacks tend to be more powerful but slower, and the robot can still rape your health in rage mode, so I tend to avoid using it.

Use this technique on all slayer robots.

Savepoint

Battle 4 - 7 (The gauntlet)

The challenging part of the game.

You have a lot of battles here, and if you die, you restart at battle 4. Here we go.

Battle 4:

The hangar:

Ignore the robot and zombie battle in the corner.

Jump on the planes and take out the gunner with Triangle + Circle and Square x4 + charge. You can try an air combo, but sometimes they don't lift up cause they block a lot.

There are 3 planes with gunners.

Now look at the robot and zombie battle. Don't wade in, use Triangle + Circle spin attack on the outskirts of the battle. with Square + Cross alternation. Now 2 things can happen.

1) The robot beats the zombies - use the slayer strategy in battle 3

2) The zombies beat the robot - go to town with battle 1 strategy, focus on the gunners, if your health is low, beat down some boxes.

Battle 5:

You jump down from the hanger

Oh boy, now there are 2 slayers and a crapload of zombies.

This is dangerous like anything as the slayers can group together and target you.

Stay on the outskirts and use Triangle + Circle and Square + Cross

Target the gunners (avoid Circle mash to disarm, as it gives you less points)

Now, once the battle thins out, these are the possibilities:

1) the 2 robots remain with a few zombies

- not what your looking for, but use the same strat as earlier, but try to lure the robots away from each other

2) one robot dies

- stay away and pick of zombies until the other robot is alone

3) both robots dies

- best outcome, beat up the zombies like strat 1, target the gunners first

Even if you see a circle input, do not attack the robots!, let them die to the zombie, if you go in there, they all focus on you.

Battle 6:

Jump on the roof:

An easy one, as 1 slayer and zombies, same strat, pick off the zombies and then deal with the robot. Range is the game

Battle 7:

Jump down

Mini battle with one slayer and few zombies

Again, clear out the zombies, play the waiting game with the robot

Battle 8:

2 little confrontations with 1 robot against zombies in 2 areas

Same thing as earlier. I missed one of these areas, cause I ran too far into the next checkpoint lol.

Savepoint - Phew, the gauntlet is over

After chasing carnage across the fire:

Battle 9:

Oh boy, here we have a huge battle. There are 2 areas. One is similar with 2 slayer robots with lots of zombies, and then there is a smaller area with 1 robot and zombies.

You know the drill by now, target the gunners, and strike from a distance. Try to lure the robots to walk towards you and separate them to take em one at a time.

Battle 10, in the same area, pull open the doors and attack the zombies inside. The second door has explosive barrels, so maybe avoid it or run in and out and web shoot the barrels (I just skipped it, four zombies ain't worth it)

Now, that's the hard part done, the rest is easy, use the same strat till the end. Basically I just repeat the same strat again.

Savepoint - The prison

Yay! the symbiote prison!

This is an easy place. Avoid using the fire rubble (unless you need the challenge thing). Symbiotes are good as they are vulnerable to the same strat as Battle 1, but they launch easier and they do less damage. Abuse the 8-legged spider here, and the Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square combo.

In the scientist saving prison, same thing just watch out for the 3 robots in here, use hit and run tactics.

Near the end, after you escape the helicarrier crash landing, you get lots of zombies and symbiotes, abuse the same tactics as battle 1!

Final boss Carnage:

Beat him however you want, but I found square x5 and jump away when spider sense active is best. Rage mode with squarex5 does great damage. Don't get hit by his counter attacks, use 8-legged fury on the symbiotes and Triangle + Circle.

So at the end of it, I got a combo score of 25, 000, time 1hour and 10 minutes and emblems. I suggest doing this with your emblem one. Then on time run, skip the whole gauntlet and things.

Good luck to those of you trying to plat this level, and I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

no ultimate is not any harder and really its not hard to get combo plat in all levels.

you only need the tiangle, triangle, triangle combo

on carnage level with all those big guys just rage then attack with same trip triangle combo. it kills them quick. actually it puts the circle button above their head and that kills them quick but you know what i mean.

Ultimate is the hardest dimension to platinum in my opinion, followed by amazing. Ultimate actually has the hardest enemies, but since black suit spiderman is actually stronger than the other spideys due to his rage mode and the range he has with his attacks, it doesn't seem too difficult. Amazing just doesn't have special abilities.

2099 has time slowdown, so his levels are so easy, if its too hard use his slowdown power and lay down the smackdown. Noir is the easiest, as you pretty much gotta be stealthy, and the few fights are easy.

By the way, simply raging and smashing robots on carnage level doesn't work all the time, as the robots have random hit stun and can still kill you in 2 seconds while you're attacking them. Rage trades off power for speed, and that lag is all that they need to destroy you.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, the only button you need to use is triangle, I used NOTHING but the triangle button on my hard playthrough and got the plat on every single level for combo.

For that matter I button mashed my way through the Carnage level a few different times and got the plat each time, I had unlocked every combo by that point though so the more I mashed the more variety was available to me

EDIT: it should also be noted about the Carnage level, I only did the parts they MAKE you do, I skipped every battle that wasnt mandatory.

Edited by Vocab

• 10 months later...

I just done this after many tries, even after using the guide i still got gold though thats due to the fact im impatient and a noob lol, anyways thank you very much for the advice i did take from this guide, was very useful :).

Too all other new players to this genre, the bottom line i found in getting this trophy is to vary combos, dont use the same one twice in a row, select a list of several, and use them were appropriate and as nessesary but never in a row.

I did that and got the combo platinum, Also wana point out that the combo count and ammount of kills does nothing for this, I skipped every battle I possibly could, my finishing time was like 20 minutes and I had a combo rating of 27,000 jus by varying my combos, whereas before I kept geting 16,000.

This guide is very good and once again thank you very much M00nkey, I would recommend people use it and read it to the letter, though if you're impatient, lazy or just crap at the game like me, there is what I did in its simplest form to get it, hope this helps any of those who are still unsucessful.

Wishing you all a combo platinum :D,

Alkav.

Too all other new players to this genre, the bottom line i found in getting this trophy is to vary combos, dont use the same one twice in a row, select a list of several, and use them were appropriate and as nessesary but never in a row.

This right here is exactly how you garauntee yourself the combo plat for each level. Rage, accellerated vision, whatever. Several of the posters here are reporting the triple triangle worked for them, great glad it did. Didnt work for crap for me on ANY level. Started varying my combos never doing the same thing twice in a row... platted every time.

Not saying the triple triangle combo over and over wont work for you but I know it wont work for everyone. Varying combos will work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

In truth it's quite simple to get a high combo score in this level. I did it at the same time as the quick finish.

The point is that if you fight very few enemies and mostly use high rated combo, then your score will be high.

There is no point in fighting all that can move in the level with high rating combo, just skipp everything.

First thing first you can skip almost all fights (and in those you can't, if you see a rifleman kill him with the 8 legged combo).

For example the first room: just wake up all enemies, then stand on one of the 2 lamp posts near the beginning of the room. When all the enemies are close under you just jump away run to the door and press :circle: to get the hell out of there.

Next is the room with the scientist to save. Just rage ad kill them all with :triangle: + :circle: .

Next is the big guy with the flame, rage and kill him with :triangle: combos.

After that skip everything you can.

I don't remember the exact order, but there are only a couple unskippable fights:

The room with 2 big flamethrower guys: Rage an kill everything but 1 of the big guys, the passage will open soon after.

The big hangar room with riflemen and carnage creatures: here you can do the 8 legged combo on all of them to rise your combo rating (or just until the door opens if you are in a hurry).

The room with a lot of spawning carnage creatures: just rage and kill them all (or do the 8 legged combo, but that will take a while...) .

The room after saving the second scientist: i think the door it's timed, but I was in a hurry so I just raged and killed them all.

Lastly, when you are in the triskelion's core and you have to walk outside of it on some metal rails, you don't have to fight anyone, the glass in the second room will explode after few seconds, but you can use the time to kill some of them with the eight legged combo to rise your score.

I ended up with more than 27000 points.