Combo Platinum

Can someone please clarify something for me with these?

To get the 19000+ combo rating do you have to excute one HUGE hit-streak (like 60+) utilizing various combos that you have purchased? Or is it just the amount of different combos you use throughout the level?

I read on gamespot threads that someone was spamming the 4xSquare and 3x Triangle in an entire level and got 20000+ combo rating. But didn't clarify if they got one huge hit-streak.

Also for the timed challenges does the cutscenes affect it? I gad 19minutes and 44seconds at the end of the first 2099 level but the cutscene after he beats the hobgolin put me at 20:10 and I gold a gold medal -_- But it wouldn't let me skip that last cutscene, for the skippable ones, should I skip them on my second playthrough?

I only have the platinum trophies left now to finish this game but I kinda struggle with it.

I use every kind of combo that I can think off. It's keeps blowing me away.

I don't understand this at all...

I use the latest combos, like the :square::square::square::triangle::square: in the air, the :circle:+:triangle: and :cross:+:square:...

I do the charge attacks, grabs... everything!

I managed to get 24.000 something on Hammerhead but only around 17.000 on Electro.

And I've tried to find as much info about this as possible here on the forum.

Anyone got an idea or should I just keep going until I randomly succeed?

In the Noir levels, does stealth count towards your combo rating? I just went through Hammerhead twice- on the first try, I was trying to get everything but the speed run done, didn't get spotted at all, and got a 20,000 rating. On my second go, I just sprinted through the level, got spotted a bunch of times; got platinum on time, but noticed that I only got 9,000 combo rating even though I used the same variety of combos in the only fighting segment of the level, as I had the first go.

In the Noir levels, does stealth count towards your combo rating? I just went through Hammerhead twice- on the first try, I was trying to get everything but the speed run done, didn't get spotted at all, and got a 20,000 rating. On my second go, I just sprinted through the level, got spotted a bunch of times; got platinum on time, but noticed that I only got 9,000 combo rating even though I used the same variety of combos in the only fighting segment of the level, as I had the first go.

No. Takedowns do not count at all. You probably just used worse combos the 2nd time which led to the low combo rating.

I only have the Carnage level on the combat challenge. A tip, use the latest aireal combos and the :circle:+:triangle:/:cross:+:square: combos and you should be fine...

So far the only trouble I've had with the combat platinums is the Electro, Octopus and Carnage levels.

Probably the reason you've had trouble with 2 out of the 3 is you've been using rage. This is just a guess. But whenever going for combo platinum in the Ultimate dimension, never use rage.

Probably the reason you've had trouble with 2 out of the 3 is you've been using rage. This is just a guess. But whenever going for combo platinum in the Ultimate dimension, never use rage.

Nope, I tried it on one run on Carnage because I had enough of getting my ass handed to me... I only used it to break free from the zombies that got hold of me.

My life saver for the Carnage level was the aerial combos, it's quite tricky since there's alot of surging going on almost everywhere. Go for the aerial stuff on gunners and the carnage spawns and it will work, atleast for me :)

And now I have my platinum ;)

• 3 months later...