Which was your favorite dimension?

Which was your favorite dimension?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favorite dimension?

So, eventually when playing this game, we all come to think of the dimensions. Which one we like the most and why? Vote after you have experienced at least two levels of all the dimensions.

Before playing this game, I thought I would like all but Noir. Now after finishing it I can say that is was fantastic and the whole game was awesome. 2099 left me a little disappointed but only a bit. One dimension which stood over the others though, was Ultimate! That's right, I liked the scenery as soon as I saw Ultimate Spider-Man swinging in fresh air near the power plant. Then, entering the oil rig was excitig (and as I said in other thread it reminded me of Spy vs Spy game). Finally, I left Carnage level to last in act 3 because he's one of my favorite villains. It wasnt as good as the two before, but I liked the fact that it had so many enemies and I easily got my combo trophies (one glitch helped me but..)

Anyway Ultimate is no. 1, then comes Noir and Amazing and then 2099 which was also good but not just as great as the others.

Each of them had fantastic things working for them, and things that I hated/disliked.

Amazing had Neil Patrick Harris, which is instant win, and that fantastically designed Sandman level, but then had that bloody Juggernaut level which I really didn't like, the only level I didn't in the entire game.

Noir had an interesting playstyle, and definitely the most individual of them all. The lighting style began to grate on my nerves by the end of it though, the constant changing between black and white and yellow when I stepped into the light was annoying.

2099 had some great banter, and really respected the continuity in the Scorpion level, plus it had the most consistent story between the three levels with Lady Ock running it all. It was very similar to Amazing and Ultimate in playstyle though, since the freefall bits weren't really as dominate as I thought they'd be.

Ultimate had some great levels, I especially liked how creepy the Carnage one was, and how individual the Deadpool level was, but I felt like something was missing, that I can't put my finger on.

Overall, I can't pick, which is annoying, since I wanted to vote. Never mind, I got to share my thoughts anyway :D

Its a hard decision.. For me they are almost on the same line too. What you said about the Sandman level made me think about the levels, so now (even if anyone cares) I have to list best level of each dimension. :D

Amazing: Sandman

Noir: Vulture

2099: Hobgoblin

Ultimate: Deadpool

Same but I'd swap Sandman with Juggernaut and Vulture with Hammerhead.

Same but I'd swap Sandman with Juggernaut and Vulture with Hammerhead.

So not really the same at all ;)

For me, it'd be:

Amazing: Sandman

Noir: Goblin

2099: Scorpion

I loved that carnival setting for Goblin, and Deadpool's oil rigs were awesome; that tidal wave set piece was fantastic.

I thought Amazing was very well done, so I'd choose that as my overall favorite. I loved the look, the (over the top heh) combat, Neil Patrick Harris = Win, and it had some great levels.

As far as favorite levels with each dimension I'd say Amazing: Kraven, Noir: Hammerhead, Ultimate: Deadpool, and 2099: Scorpion

Edited by JaD

I'd go with Amazing. They were all pretty well done imo, with the right amounts of fighting, civilian-saving and some nice bossbattles. Plus you can use the Scarlett Spider costume in that dimension :D

As far as Levels go:

Amazing: Juggernaut

Noir: Hammerhead (Although they all had some cool parts)

2099: Hobgoblin/Scorpion... can't descide

Ultimate: Carnage

My fav was Noir because of the different style of gameplay and the saturated 1930's look to it. They should have made it a little more creepy/disturbing on the Goblin level though, it would have fit the area more. But the change in pace and having to plan your moves for take downs was the most interesting parts, you could replay it and do something totally different each time. And levels since everyone else is doing it...

Amazing: Sandman (whipping around the tornado, and the boss battle was cool)

Ultimate: Carnage (zombie S.H.I.E.L.D agents and Carnage)

2099: Hobgoblin (I really didn't like the 2099 levels for some reason, Hob's was the best)

Noir: Goblin (Messed up carnival and the upside-down room was awesome)

I liked all of the Noir levels, though the crappy constantly turning camera during wall crawling PISSED ME OFF. I actually got caught in an alarm once cause the camera turned and my wall crawling direction went into a light lol.

So favorite dimension is Noir (i like stealth games so i guess thats why)

Favorite levels in other dimensions would be.

2099: Doc Oc

Amazing: Least favorite dimension but i would have to say Juggernaut

Def Ultimate.

Everything about it is win for me.

1) Black Suit

2) Art and Level design are most well done.

3) Voice actor-Loved the Spectacular series and I think it is the perfect voice for Spidy.

4) Best Boss selection.

5) Black Suit! (Nuff Said)

I really liked the 2099 dimension. I liked Spidey's ability to slow time and his charge move was awesome. Also I really liked the free fall segments especially when you got to crash Hobgoblin through all kinds of structures. I probably liked his banter the best too. Honestly though, this was a tough decision as I really liked all of the dimensions for different reasons. Great game!

I like the Noir Dimension most...because all this black and white theme has something mysterious ,spooky and creepy about it...and...i don't know if anybody of you guys has ever noticed but the bosses in NOIR have a resemblence with the famous MONSTERS of the noir horror movies....like:HAMMERHEAD resemblens to FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER a lot - VOLTURE to NOIR VAMPIRE NOSFERATU,slim,ugly,with razor fangs..and GOBLIN,as a DEMONLIKE Creature,like a Ghoul or something...so yes..NOIR..DEFINATELLY MY FAVOURITE DIMENSION:applause:

Edited by Catwomans_Kiss

I like the Noir Dimension most...because all this black and white theme has something mysterious and spooky in it...and...i don't know if anybody of you guys has ever noticed but the booses in NOIR have a resemblence with the famous MONSTERS of the noir horror movies....like:HAMMERHEAD resemblens to FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER a lot - VOLTURE to NOIR VAMPIRE NOSFERATU,slim,ugly,with razor fangs..and GOBLIN,as a DEMONLIKE Creature,like a Ghoul or something...so yes..NOIR..DEFINATELLY MY FAVOURITE DIMENSION:applause:

Woah, I never thought of the villains like that.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ultimate was my favorite. I loved using rage mode and the villains in the Ultimate levels were some of my favorites. I was always a fan of the black suit too.

Noir for me was a close second though. Liked using stealth. I am a huge Metal Gear Solid fan so the stealth parts got me.

Stealth games are my favorite, and even though the Noir levels had some interesting/bad design choices, it still gets my vote. The fact that Spiderman Noir was voiced by the Spiderman from the 90's show, he had the coolest outfit imo, and the art design was awesome all strengthened my choice. If I had to choose a second it would be 2099, the whole neon-futuristic design was pretty awesome as well.

The Ultimate verse is probably my favorite. Mainly due to it had more of my favored villains and voice acting. Plus I'm a sucker for the cell shaded look. As well as the Mangaverse costume(hugged my tv when I saw it's awesome-ness). The second best would probably be the Amazing verse. NPH was awesome and the villains were ok. Idk...just wasn't really into it as much though. The costumes were awesome though. Glad comic book games are slowly picking this back up. Every comic book game should have at least 10 or more alternate costumes. The old ones had like 10 to 20 costumes which was amazing.

Loved the Noir levels. I liked how the whole style worked and how the villains seemed realistic for the style (In the 2099 universe, the female Doc Ock seemed like they were trying too hard to make it different) but I loved the Deadpool level too!

Still working on the plat, shouldn't be too long now...

Ultimate and 2099 for me. The Rage Mode and Accelerated Vision gave some variety to the combat, while Amazing Spiderman didn't have anything like that.

I liked the style and villains of the Noir levels, but I suck at and can't stand playing stealthily. I'd much rather go in and beat the shit out of everything rather than hide around like a pansy and have no good way of defending myself if I get caught, just because I didn't see the guy across the map obscured from all the blackness (yes, I use the Spider Sense too, but the overexposed whiteness often makes it just as hard to see for me).

If I had to pick my favorite levels from each:

Amazing - Kraven or Juggernaut

Ultimate - Deadpool

2099 - Hobgoblin

Noir - Hammerhead or Vulture

Overall, an awesome game! Hope I can plat it soon. :applause:

Edited by Tetsaru

• 5 months later...