Shattered Dimensions VS Arkham Asylum

dmmx32

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not better. It's a little bit less.

Why do I say this? Because I never found a glitch once while playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've found numerous glitches (none good) in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. Mostly in the 2nd Noir level.

It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but it isn't as close as Batman was in terms of polish and lack-of-glitchiness.

I really wish people would stop trying to compare these two games. They're nothing like each other, bar the stealth aspect of the Noir levels. I've played through Arkham Asylum twice, and loved it both times, whilst I've only played a level of Shattered Dimensions and still love it. Are they both good games? Hell yeah. But which one is "better?" depends on what you're after from it.

Comparing, say, God of War and Dante's Inferno makes more sense since they play very similarly and have a similar storyline/mythos/idea to them, whereas trying to compare Spider-Man and Batman is just silly.

they are both good games in ther own right and tbh i would like to see more superhero games go in these darker and true to the comic book way, the only problem i had with this game was they put way too many button combos in spiderman. In the end it didnt care about putting together combos cos 1. i couldnt remember all of them and 2. i probably did them accidently by button bashing any way

Having not played Batman: AA yet (give me a break, it's on my list of games to play in the next few months), I can't say if Spider-Man: SD is better or not.

I can say that I'm liking SD more than the Wolverine game (which was damn good for what it was) and leaps and bounds above Spider-Man 3 movie tie-in game.

This one reminds me a lot of the amazing Spider-Man game released on PS1.

I'm pretty happy with with it actually.

This is pointless. Im sick and tired of all the people saying that Arkham asylum rocks and only thing near it is the Noir levels.. This game is unique and these two should not be compared with such a light attitude. Its like saying which was better, Mafia II or RDR?

I agree, but also understand where comparisons come from. These games attract similar crowd and many who enjoyed Batman:AA are hoping this one can give this one same joy/rush/delight as given by Batman:AA, albeit in different ways. Batman:AA set the bar for comic based games and set it pretty high.

Pssst.. RDR is better than Mafia2.

ok Batman: Arkham Asylum was a good game i got half way through the game before i was interested in collecting Trophies and havent gone back to it for a long time then i lost all my game saves and im not going to play through all that again so i wanna get rid of it i havent played Spiderman shattered Dimensions yet but it looks fun

Tecnically AA is the better game, as it much more polished. SD was too glitchy and also felt a bit uninished at times.

That said however I personally enjoyed SD much more. I had more fun zipping through the levels and beating up bad guys in SD than I had with the dark knight and his quest in the asylum...

Both games are entertaining in their own rights. I stand by the fact that Noir Spiderman is apparently sneakier then batman, but batman had more room to work. Each spiderman was kind of limited in where he was allowed to go.

Yeah, but you have to think about that the AA world and the dimensions are very different worlds aswell. It's very hard to compare these two games after all. Sure, the Noir dimension give you alittle deja vu from Batman: AA but not more than that to be fair.

Spider-man has more glitches, yes but it's a damn good game other than that and every comicbook fan should try it out atleast once ;)

Spiderman is more linear & glitchier, but has more intense action and more variety in the gameplay styles.

Batman felt a bit more open-world with nicer graphics, but became repititive at times and focused more on stealth tactics.

Even though they're both action games based off popular comic books, I still find it somewhat hard to compare the 2. It really depends on what type of game you want to play. To me, Spiderman felt like God of War, while Batman felt like Splinter Cell.

Edited by UnReAL