Eight Legged Fury Execution

Dear people,

I am trying to get the platinum combo ranking on the Kraven level (level 1). I have read numerous posts and a lot of people talk about using the eight-legged fury combo. I purchased it and have been trying to execute it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I press the triangle button and hold it to send my enemy airborn and then I press the square, square, and triangle buttons. My enemy always sails away after I press the triangle button and I never get to press the last square button. It is very frustrating since I am always getting a combo ranking of 16,000 and I think that it would be a lot more if I can get this combo executed properly. Can anyone give me any help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Edited by nostlund
spelling mistake

The key is not going through the sequence of buttons too fast. Time the last two button presses with Spider-Man's movements to pull it off.

Be more deliberate with your button presses. It's hard to describe, but think about yourself pressing the buttons, rather than just letting your fingers tap away. A common problem is pressing Square too much or etc.

Sorry if this doesn't help, but just a tip I thought I would pass on.

• 6 months later...

I don't know if this helps, but I did it by launching the enemy in the air following with :square::square::triangle:(hold it pushed untill Spider-Man punches the enemy DOWNWARDS):square:

I'm too still practicing it and am not able to do it everytime, but that's how I have done it several times already. :D

edit: Thsi was eventually how I did it most of the time. And using it really is a great boost to combo rating :D Don't hesitate to abuse it!

Edited by fluojn

• 6 years later...

I've never seem to be able to do this on demand... on very rare occasions I can pull it off... but most of the time the enemy dies after pressing :triangle:...

Like what Veritas have said, you gotta find that sweet spot. I think this move is also present in the much later game ASM1 and that too has a sweet spot to get it right. It's just much harder here it seems, but important to get those combo platinums done.

----------

Now with just 2 more enemy chapters to plat, I still for the life of me can't pull this one off! They die after the :triangle: push...

Edited by Naps