Spelunkers HD

no1kevlin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted by this game, let me know what it's like. I'm curious.

It's really good. Took a little figuring out to get to grips with the menus as they are all in Japanese. The controls took a bit of getting used to as well as they are ruthless! The slightest misjudgement or one nanometre too close to the edge and it's instant death!

i purchase this game yesterday and yes, really good to play old school classic spelunker. The co-op mode is a real plus. i agree, no mercy gamplay.

about the trophies :

Not too difficult. Just need some practice to learn which move is dangerous, and time. you need to play single and co-op because it's a little bit differents stages and each containt 1 stone piece to collect (1 by level, 100 level for single play and 100 level for co-op, total 200 stones pieces) sometime, need 3 co-op players to reach some stones.

Thanks for the tip about the mural pieces; I wondered how they were distributed. I've almost aced Crystal Defenders now so I'll be able to devote more time to spelunking soon! I'm on about 17% so far I reckon the Platinum is do-able and I'd love to get it as not many will have it.

i'm on about 30% now in spelunker.

About mural pieces, i say something like "need 3 players to access some plateform to obtain mural piece" but i realize recently they're little difference in stage between renewal graphic and classic graphic : "rope trick which need 3 players" in renewal graphic are not present in classic graphic. In the case of playing "classic graphic" in co-op mode, you can take every mural pieces without help of other player (if i'm correct).

If you can't reach some plateform, use a flash bomb (up+circle or square) to see "invisible" plateform.

Mural piece didn't gone event if you had already collect it in a past game. Because Mural piece is point too (and add 1up every 30.000 pts) !

I had collect all mural piece in singleplay. Renewal graphic is better for this task because you can easily see what walls can be colapse by a bomb (un classic graphic, all walls are the same).

i'm working on Co-op trophies now, the last but not least challenge ^^

I had been wondering how I could work out which mural pieces I am missing but then I realized that the left hand side is single player and the right is co-op. Then you have level one on the top row with stages 1-10 from left to right and then level two on row two and so on!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done! I've been busy with Bond so not been able to devote as much time as I'd have liked to this. For the co-op mural pieces can you get them offline in co-op or do you need to online? Also were you right about not needing three people for the rope trick if you use classic graphics?

save > you can save your progress in order to shut down the ps3. But when you reload the game, the save is deleted. If you die to the stage 4, unfortunatly, you restart at the stage 1. But, if you clear an area (the game have 10 areas witch divide by 10 stages = 100 stages), you can select the area in the new game menu. In other word, every 10 stages, you have a check point.

About online/offline > Hmm, i did it all in online coop but i think clear all area can be done in offline. Just select offline and play "co-op stage" but in solo. Now, i can say : somes rares murals pieces need 3 players (online or offline), definitively. it's a big mistake from me, classic graphics don't change the stage at all.

How do I play online?

On the main menu the first three options are (from memory as I'm not at my ps3 now!) single player, multiplayer competitive, multiplayer co-op. The next menu on both multiplayer modes gives two options: local or online. The online option gives a new menu the top option is the one to join other games and I think the third one is to host your own game. Hope that helps! Just have a play around with options and menus and you'll soon figure it out.

• 1 month later...
Nyone know how to get the 'Underground MVP' trophy??

i done this online. you get MVP title when you make the best score in co-op AND you must finish the area (10 stage), you can see the result at the end of area and the score of everyone, this is where the trophy message pop up. Perhaps it must be done online. At least, you're MVP even if you're the only one player in the game :).

i done this online. you get MVP title when you make the best score in co-op AND you must finish the area (10 stage), you can see the result at the end of area and the score of everyone, this is where the trophy message pop up. Perhaps it must be done online. At least, you're MVP even if you're the only one player in the game :).

Thanks for that. :D

How do I use the auto save? I start a new game and for example get to stage 4, but if I die, I have to start again from stage 1?

press start in game second option down x then o. you can save any level your at so if your on level 9 with alot of lives and u gotta go you can come right back at it. to load go to single player then go to the second option to load.

kelvin what happend the other day? we got so close to the end. internet go down you were jus sitting there forever without dieing like it glitched up.

kelvin what happend the other day? we got so close to the end. internet go down you were jus sitting there forever without dieing like it glitched up.

I had to go as the wife was moaning. She's due to have the baby any day now so I have to indulge her a little now!

I didn't get a couple of those murals so it looks like you have to grab them all yourslef for it to count. I still need to get all the 3 player rope trick murals for levels 2-10 so definitely message me for more games!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, where I can buy this game?

Japanese menus or english menu? And what about the dialogues? Subtitles?

It's on the JP psn store to buy. Well worth it as it's a great game. No in game dialogue although supports voice chat over mics. All menus are in Japanese but they are easy to figure out and if you get stuck just ask here and one of us can help you.

I need a bit of help myself! I'm on stage 3 of level 8 on single player. I'm after a key near the top left of the map and to reach it there are three lifts but I can only get on the first one and it doesn't go high enough for me to jump to the next lift. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

It's on the JP psn store to buy. Well worth it as it's a great game. No in game dialogue although supports voice chat over mics. All menus are in Japanese but they are easy to figure out and if you get stuck just ask here and one of us can help you.

Thanks for the answer. Just 2 more question.

How did you buy it? (credit card or psn cards [japanese])

It can be shared? I mean, I buy games with my brother in the same account. He lives on another city.