Spelunker Black

Ruldra

Quite a number of people (myself included) are wondering if we'll ever see Spelunker Black outside of Japan. I've been googling around to come up with any info regarding the subject, and I found this article:

Hands-on: Spelunker HD « PSNStores

The reviewer had a chance to talk to the developers directly. Here's what they said about Black:

They are also unsure whether to bring the “Minna de Spelunker Black” content out in the US. So I pose this question to you readers, would you like to see the even harder, Spelunker HD Black? Leave a response in the comments or on the Spelunker HD Facebook page; I know the great folks over at Tozai will be watching.

So there's a possibility to see Black in the US. My guess is that they're seeing how good Spelunker does around here, and release it if there's enough interest.

So, if Black comes around, are you going to buy it?

One thing that appeals to me in Black is - you can bet every single person you meet in the game will be an ace player.

No sane person would buy Black without playing the regular Spelunker first. And players who suck at it won't bother with Black.

Obviously there'll be less people online, but once you get a group going, it'll be a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If you want a truly Hardcore Spelunker experience, download the japanese DLC for Japanese Spelunker HD. Championship mode is truly super hard with split second timing required and pinpoint jumping accuracy. You start with 50 lives, and I guarantee you will have lost about 30 of them by the time you get to the first elevator on your first try!!!

I have completed Spelunker Jap HD, Spelunker US HD, have just a few co-op bits for Spelunker Black, and the DLC is so much harder!!!

• 5 months later...
If you want a truly Hardcore Spelunker experience, download the japanese DLC for Japanese Spelunker HD. Championship mode is truly super hard with split second timing required and pinpoint jumping accuracy. You start with 50 lives, and I guarantee you will have lost about 30 of them by the time you get to the first elevator on your first try!!!

I have completed Spelunker Jap HD, Spelunker US HD, have just a few co-op bits for Spelunker Black, and the DLC is so much harder!!!

Oh man I can't wait to play this. So much hype.