Possible to get completely stuck?

MrBeens

I was in a stage in area 2 last night where I had reached the series of doors at the end, but was missing a key. That key happened to be down a side path near the beginning of the stage that I did not take initially.

The problem was I had picked up all the air containers on the way to the end, so now I was stuck at the end, having to backtrack through the entire level with no air pickups.

I was able to eventually do it by doing a perfect speed run, and praying to god a random ghost didn't show up at an in-opportune time, but it got me wondering.

Is it possible to get completely stuck in this game, where even if you had infinite lives, you still would not be able to progress and have to start over, or are the stages designed such that it will always be possible to proceed, even if it is extremely difficult to do so?

Like what would happen if a rock is blocking your path, and you had accidentally squandered all of your bombs? Thank you, game over, re-start at the beginning?

I was in a stage in area 2 last night where I had reached the series of doors at the end, but was missing a key. That key happened to be down a side path near the beginning of the stage that I did not take initially.

The problem was I had picked up all the air containers on the way to the end, so now I was stuck at the end, having to backtrack through the entire level with no air pickups.

I was able to eventually do it by doing a perfect speed run, and praying to god a random ghost didn't show up at an in-opportune time, but it got me wondering.

Is it possible to get completely stuck in this game, where even if you had infinite lives, you still would not be able to progress and have to start over, or are the stages designed such that it will always be possible to proceed, even if it is extremely difficult to do so?

Like what would happen if a rock is blocking your path, and you had accidentally squandered all of your bombs? Thank you, game over, re-start at the beginning?

You can't get stuck. You can always went back, in your case you need to hurra a bit, also try to move to the beginning at the stage with the elevator (Counts as a checkpoint) If you run out of bombs on solomode, just die a life and you get a new bomb.

You can maybe got stucked on your 5th playthrough when you need to jump to get every key and all keys is also invisible (some stage on Area 4 is possible to get stucked on)