$5.00 for PSN+ Starting today

MrBeens

Guys... i'm sorry for this question, but i really need to be sure...

with $5 i can get 47 trophies? :o that would be awesome!

Considering that you'll be purchasing the full game, then yes, I'm pretty sure you'll be getting all of those trophies. I'd really like it if they put more demos out though. I know $5 isn't exactly expensive, but I'd like to see if the game is enjoyable at least.

Really nice indeed!

I'm really tempted to pick up both this and Space Channel 5: Part 2.

Space Channel 5: Part 2 is definitely worth it if you like rhythm games. You might have a little trouble getting all the trophies, but I'm sure you'll manage. Also, Daytona is going on sale next week as well. (You should get that too) Fun game, with super easy trophies. What more could you want?

Considering that you'll be purchasing the full game, then yes, I'm pretty sure you'll be getting all of those trophies. I'd really like it if they put more demos out though. I know $5 isn't exactly expensive, but I'd like to see if the game is enjoyable at least.

thanks, BT5Z... i watched some videos of Spelunker HD in youtube and it looked funny... the guy looks like a Mario LOL... just read the comments in the vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg0EW5SkEeA]CGR Undertow - SPELUNKER HD for Playstation 3 Video Game Review - YouTube[/ame]

thanks, BT5Z... i watched some videos of Spelunker HD in youtube and it looked funny... the guy looks like a Mario LOL... just read the comments in the vid:

Thanks for the video. It seems like a real trial and error type of game, which I more or less expected. -Maybe- the reviewer was whining a little bit though. I mean, it -is- only $5... Ahh, I don't know what to do!

I don't seem to see any info on this anywhere, but do the DLC packs have any trophies associated with them?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found my answer. It seems the DLC and DLC trophy lists are just not updated here on this site yet. There does appear to be 2 silver trophies and 1 gold trophy associated with each DLC pack. Putting this game at a whopping 2400 total points if you manage to get 100%.

Edited by Misbik

MrBeens, i can see in your gamercard that you have already played the game... can u tell us your impressions please?

And you're right! 46 trophies and a plat is a great deal.

I love it! This is old school hardcore 8-bit platforming at it's best. Not surprising, since it is a re-skinned NES game.

If you like old games like Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, Bagman, Montezuma's Revenge, Miner 2049'er, old coin-munching arcade games, then you will love this.

If you don't like dying a lot and having to start over when it's game over, then stay away.

It's a fast paced action platformer, and a split-second wrong twitch will send you to your doom. But it is very rewarding, and you will want to try again when you die, knowing you can do it properly next time.

So I decided to get the game after all. Pretty much all of what Mr. Beens said holds true. It can be pretty frustrating. Getting killed by a ghost is fine and all, but the most annoying deaths is when you miss a jump and die in a pretty stupid way.

Space Channel 5: Part 2 is definitely worth it if you like rhythm games. You might have a little trouble getting all the trophies, but I'm sure you'll manage. Also, Daytona is going on sale next week as well. (You should get that too) Fun game, with super easy trophies. What more could you want?

I watched the preview for Space Channel 5, and was left wondering "WTF was that?" :D

Is it a Move game?

I watched the preview for Space Channel 5, and was left wondering "WTF was that?" :D

Is it a Move game?

Oh no, not at all. All you need to play is the :dpad: and the :circle: and :cross: buttons. It's a fun game, with a lot of charm. The music is really good too. Think of it like a "groovier" version of "Simon Says." If you're not familiar with rhythm games (games like Parappa the Rapper, Elite Beat Agents, or Guitar Hero), getting all the trophies could be pretty tough. You'll basically have to perfect the stages, which isn't too hard since there are checkpoints in them at certain spots. The real challenge would be finding the "hidden commands" and the Endurance Mode, where one mistake forces you to start all over. If you're feeling bold, I'd say give it a shot. At $3 for :psn+: and $5 for everyone else, it's definitely a steal.

Edited by BT5Z
Added more info

• 1 year later...

God damn. The game was only 3.50 euros (still is) so i figured that for that price i definitely should buy it. I knew that the game was going to be old school but my early impression that it's way too picky. You can't walk over edges and it's way too easy to just die from jumping off of a ladder because you have to land just the right way.

I will the game another try but i think this game is just too much like a nes game and i just don't have love for the nes.

EDIT: Just to clarify. I'm not saying that the game is bad. It just doesn't seem to be for me.

Edited by Winkuru