Shift 2: Unleashed Speedhunters Edition Trophy Guide & Roadmap

technole

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3237/5837214362_27597b5b36_z.jpg

If you enjoy my guide, and would like to join as a member of the ps3trophies.org community as a result, feel free to give me a referral upon signing-up!

(all videos used in this guide have been created by me)

Overview

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10
  • Total Trophy breakdown: 6 (1 (B) / 5 (S))
    • Offline: 5 (S)
    • Online: 1 (B)

[*]Approximate time: 2+ hours

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (open ended-career)

[*]Missable trophies: None

[*]Glitched trophies: None

[*]Cheats disable trophies: No cheats available

[*]Difficulty affects trophies: No difficulty trophies

[*]Online Pass Required: Yes

Introduction

Shift 2: Unleashed Speedhunters Edition downloadable content adds an all-new dimension to the simulation genre by catering to fans of drag racing and street competition. This new expansion introduces two all-new disciplines to the game: Drag racing & Standing Mile. The drag racing mode rewards the player with the quickest time on a half-mile stretch, while the standing mile competition is all about maximum top-end speed on a one-mile stretch. Contents also include new Speedhunter edition cars and new drag strip locations. You will also get to face a familiar rival in Chris Rado from your Shift 2 career, plus two new ones. Check out my in-game rivalry video for more details on this exciting drag racing venture:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5_RsO7i6TA]Speedhunters Edition - New Rivalries![/ame]

Roadmap

STEP 1: Playthrough the drag set of events and defeat your rival, Chris Rado for the 1320 Outlaws Championship.

With the new Speedhunters edition expansion, you will be presented with the drag set of events branch after the GT1 branch. You will need compile at-least four podium finishes to be able to race in the Outlaws championship against Chris Rado. I would recommend using the fastest A-performance car immediately available, the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunter for these events. You will literally fly to the finish in the qualifying events and have no trouble at all once you understand how to drag race. You are also very likely to unlock 8 Second Club naturally as you progress through the drag event set.

Once you are eligible for the championship series, you will need to complete three stages and defeat Chris in the final-standings. In which you should have no trouble if you follow the above advice and to unlock Grim Reaper.

STEP 2: Playthrough the Step Mile events and defeat your rival, Koz for the Standing Mile World Championship

The second set of events in the Drag Branch is the Step Mile events. This time you are measured on your top-speed in the one mile span. Your main focus is to get as much power and up-shift accurately to launch yourself to the fastest speed possible. You can use the WORLD Scion tC reward car you won by defeating Chris Rado, or you can use the same Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters Edition for an easier time with the mile events. While you are playing for podium finishes, and using the car(s) I mentioned you are likely to unlock 250 Club for breaking 250mph in an Step Mile event in natural fashion.

Lastly, you will need at least a set of four podium finishes to qualify for the Mile World Championship. Where you will face Koz in several events, and have to finish on-top of the podium to defeat him to unlock Monster Dog. Nothing changes in terms of difficulty in this series, and if you gotten this far, you'll be able to beat Koz and win the championship with little difficulty.

STEP 3: Playthrough career races using all cars unlocked in the Speedhunter Edition

Now that you have completed the drag branch and have the two reward rivalry cars needed in your garage. You will need to play any set of career events using every Speedhunter Edition car at least once to unlock Speedhunter.

STEP 4: Online Experience

Now that you have completed the drag branch, and all offline trophies, you will take your game online. You will also need access to the online mode via the EA online pass. All you have to do is win on top of the podium, in first-place, in at least one drag event with a Speedhunter car for Ready to Rock. This can be boosted in private, unranked matches. See the boosting thread to find a partner that has this downloadable content for an easier time with this trophy.

Edited by technole
Editorial Sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/696/44.jpg250 Club (S)

Reached over 250mph in a Standing Mile event

An easy method for this is to use the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters Edition or Chris Rado's Scion tC as soon as you start the Standing Mile series. For drag racing, if you are using the standard control setup you will need to get a prompt start at the green light by revving up in neutral using the :r2: button. Then when the green light hits you will need to use :rsup: to up-shift appropriately, keep up-shifting when in the green zone, and you should top 250mph. I have made of video of myself unlocking the trophy at the Agueda Aerodrome event:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fZGsoTTcU]SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED - 250 Club Trophy [/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/696/45.jpg8 Second Club (S)

Ran a Quarter Mile in less than 9 seconds

You will want to use the best A-class car you can for this. For an easier time use the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters Edition in your drag quarter mile races. For drag racing, if you are using the standard control setup you will need to get a prompt start at the green light by revving up in neutral using the :r2: button. Then when the green light hits you will need to use :rsup: to up-shift appropriately, keep your steering straight, upshift when in the green zone to get to the quarter mile finish as soon as possible. I have made a video of myself unlocking this trophy in the Agueda Drag Strip quarter-mile event:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fgPLYsdBw]SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED - 8 Second Club Trophy[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/696/46.jpgReady To Rock (B)

Won an Online event in a Speedhunters Edition car

You will need access to the online mode, and win any online event on top of the podium, in first-place. It can be ranked or unranked matches, and you have to win using at-least one of the following cars included with the Speedhunters Edition. For an easier time, see the boosting thread to find a partner with the Speedhunters Edition.

• Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
  • Lexus LFA Speedhunters
  • Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
  • McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
  • Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
  • Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
  • Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
  • Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
  • Toyota Supra Speedhunters
  • Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (Rival Reward car)
  • WORLD Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (Rival Reward car)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/696/47.jpgGrim Reaper (S)

Beat Chris Rado and won the 1320 Outlaws Championship

Once you are eligible for the 1320 Outlaws Championship after compiling at least four podium finishes in the drag event series, you will need complete three stages and defeat Chris in the final-standings on top of the podium. For an easier time, consider using the The Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters Edition in this event.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/696/48.jpgMonster Dog (S)

Beat Koz and won the Standing Mile World Championship

You will need a set of podium finishes to qualify for the Mile World Championship. Where you will face Koz in several events, and have to finish on-top of the podium to defeat him to unlock this trophy. The same methods that you use to win previous Standing Mile races applies here. You have three rounds to clock the fastest drag time. If you have gotten this far to the championship, the strategy is still the same. Use the fastest A-class performance car to beat your Rival, Koz to the top of the podium in the events.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxIcgCEYeYs]SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED - Monster Dog Trophy [/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/696/49.jpgSpeedhunter (S)

Completed a Career event in each of the Speedhunters Edition Cars

The following cars below are required for this trophy, and it is only obtainable once you complete the Speedhunters Drag Branch and won both championship events. Which will place the final two rivals reward cars in your garage. You don't have to "buy" any of these cars at $0 in the car lot like with bonus content. As they will be ready in your garage for you to drive immediately! Simply pick any event(s) in your Shift 2 career and check off each car you complete that event with. This trophy will unlock upon concluding your final event with the last car on your list.

• Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
  • Lexus LFA Speedhunters
  • Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
  • McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
  • Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
  • Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
  • Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
  • Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
  • Toyota Supra Speedhunters
  • Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (Rival Reward car)
  • WORLD Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (Rival Reward car)

Edited by Terminator
Removed signature.

trophy for driving all speedhunter cars is glitched. done career drag races with all 14 cars twice. won't unlock. u suck EA, never buying another SHIFT game. trophies/gameplay compared with first game are idiotic and broken.:mad:

I got it no problem, and I did them all via drag events. You are completing them to all three rounds, right?

yes am doing all rounds of europe/asia/us drag event. only one event is hacking me off stupid game:mad:

Just have to close the loop, you did career events only right?

I hate to say backup the save and start over the DLC just for that trophy. But if you did check through the list twice, did career drag races, and with the two rival reward cars. That might be the only option left.

is ok m8 got trophy by doing drift races. un locked after 5th car(that I used at least twice already:whistle:). thanks for help.

not worth price really should have got both packs for price on store. greedy EA:mad:

Excellent, glad to hear you finally got the trophy. :) Sounds like a car previously did not register.

I wish they did a bundle as well, it sure was expensive for what you got.

• 6 months later...
I got it no problem, and I did them all via drag events. You are completing them to all three rounds, right?

Im having the same issue. I did most of the events via drift events, but some cars dont qualify. (IE not RWD) But if you can get the trophy from just doing drag events, would it be wise to just do the same event over and over with each of the cars until the trophy pops?

Im having the same issue. I did most of the events via drift events, but some cars dont qualify. (IE not RWD) But if you can get the trophy from just doing drag events, would it be wise to just do the same event over and over with each of the cars until the trophy pops?

Yeah, obviously some cars won't work for drift. You can do the same events over for each car that qualifies for it until you get the trophy.