Alphonso Adams is....Kid?

kakihara301

The instant the game starts, I could easily tell that Walker was Nolan North (who couldn't, right?) so I cruised on over to imdb.com to check out the other voice cast. Jake Busey and the great Bruce Boxleitner (wasn't he great in Tron:Uprising?) certainly stood out. But not nearly as much as the voice of Adams - Christopher Reid.

You know, KID FROM KID N'PLAY!!!!! Yes, that Kid. With his trademark 2 foot tall perfectly sculpted flat top, I cannot unsee him in the game, possibly coercing Walker into, maybe, starting a House Party?? :D:D

yeah, shocked the hell out of me too. Especially since he did such a good job. Nothing beats my reaction to when I saw who played Kratos, but this is up there.

I know, right? When I saw who did Kratos, I was like "Really? The smart boyfriend from 'Living Single'?"

But yeah, "Kid" does a superb job bringing Adams to life. I'm surprised he doesn't do more VO work.

That's crazy. After all this time I didn't know that. OoolaOoooLaEhh!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpy021cQeu1qcpz2r.gif

Well, this made my night! How I miss the '90's.....

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyxVRdj-Gw&feature=related]House Party - Kid 'n Play - Dance Scene - YouTube[/ame]

btw, M-Easy. Thanks for the great guide and the even better FUBAR tips.

Edited by kakihara301

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
All this time, all those games and I still don't have a single clue who is Nolan (I always think of the director whenever hearing this name) North or why the hell people are pissing themselves whenever he is voicing someone...

I think Uncharted made him a household name in the gaming industry. But he has done so many works before that. Take a peek at the link and you'll realise that he is EVERYWHERE!

Behind The Voice Actors - Nolan North

There is a trophy whore... then there's a voice over whore LOL... of course I'm only saying that in jest. He's probably the A-Lits in VOs be it a cartoon or a game.

Edited by Naps

• 4 months later...
But yeah, "Kid" does a superb job bringing Adams to life. I'm surprised he doesn't do more VO work.

When I first heard the voice for Adams on chapters 1 and 2, I thought perhaps it was Ice T! LOL (after Ice Cube was in Black Ops, I was like, "No, please, get someone who can actually ACT to do the voice overs in games, please!") But around chapter 5 or 6 I thought, "No, this doesn't sound like Ice T. This guy has a broader emotional range and less "I'm from the streets, PUNK!" attitude. This guy can actually act." I went to imdb.com too, saw it was Kid voicing Adams, and was blown away!