Heh...Just realized Capt. Walker IS Nathan Drake

Noticed his voice when he was saying "Dammit colonel if you're listening, call off your men". So I looked it up and the guy's name is Nolan North and he is quite the accomplished video game voice actor. In addition to Capt. Martin Walker and Nathan Drake he has also done voice work in Lego Batman 2, The Amazing Spiderman, Assasain's Creed 3, Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Rage, Portal 2 and countless others. So there is a fun fact for you fine folks. If you find yourself with a personal interest in Nolan North or what voice he'll do next, you can always visit his profile on IMDb.com and peruse his many accomplishments.

Noticed his voice when he was saying "Dammit colonel if you're listening, call off your men". So I looked it up and the guy's name is Nolan North and he is quite the accomplished video game voice actor. In addition to Capt. Martin Walker and Nathan Drake he has also done voice work in Lego Batman 2, The Amazing Spiderman, Assasain's Creed 3, Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Rage, Portal 2 and countless others. So there is a fun fact for you fine folks. If you find yourself with a personal interest in Nolan North or what voice he'll do next, you can always visit his profile on IMDb.com and peruse his many accomplishments.

ok now that is AWESOME! Never knew that, now I feel terrible for not buying this game lol oh well at least it was free for plus members and a damn good one that is!

Nathan must be one of the recognized game voices out there. Amazing how many games he has worked on.

I know! It is indeed crazy but I was even more shocked when I saw his IMDB page

Nolan North - IMDb

228 titles??? that is amazing!

and 128 of those were video games?

Nolan North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I noticed there was two black ops 2 characters he has done so I just counted that as 1 game, same for Everquest 2, and SWAT 4.

I also noticed he did MadWorld and Trauma Team? I enjoyed the hell out of MadWorld for the Wii, I still wish SEGA would port that to the PS3/PSN store because it would be a great addition to the PSN store and it's a great fun silly game!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcGO-bDImY]Madworld (Game Trailer) - YouTube[/ame]

yep drake is everwhere, its hard NOT to notice him

Very true....now after my intial acknowledgement. I can't believe I didn't recognize his voice sooner. Anytime Walker says anything now, I just think of Nathan Drake. Although you can tell he is trying to make his voice sound a little more grizzled for this role. Which serves to showcase his talent as a voice actor.

Here's a video for all you fans of Nolan North....

Lol. That's why I wrote this in the guide's introduction.

You play as Nathan Drake Captain Martin Walker. Together with your Delta Force Bravo Team you embark on a search for survivors in a city buried by sand in this tactical third-person shooter. Expecting a routine operation and an easy evac, you instead find yourselves caught in a war ignited by an out-of-control madman.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me all of 5 minutes to realize it was NN. It's not so much his voice that is so recognizable as it is his delivery. He delivers his lines exactly the way he does with Nathan Drake and Desmond Miles and probably 90% of the other characters he voices.

Nolan North was a bad choice in my mind, kind of took away from the rest of the game. I don't mean to say he can never voice any character ever (let me state i think he is an amazing voice actor) but it just didnt seem to fit with Walker.

I completely agree. It's pretty distracting.

• 2 weeks later...
yep drake is everwhere, its hard NOT to notice him

I instantly recognize Nolan North now in any game, regardless of how big or small the role is. A couple of years ago I was playing Terminator: Salvation during the old TSL and I recognized him in that game as a minor character too. He does do such a great delivery I can see why he gets chosen a lot for games.

I instantly recognize Nolan North now in any game, regardless of how big or small the role is. A couple of years ago I was playing Terminator: Salvation during the old TSL and I recognized him in that game as a minor character too. He does do such a great delivery I can see why he gets chosen a lot for games.

yeah, terminator salvation was a surprise

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ye lol that was easy to recognize