Do NOT be afraid of FUBAR. It is not that bad as they say.

Many players here are acting like FUBAR is the greatest challenge of their lives. Really guyz? The PLATINUM is called this way for a reason - it supposed to be HARD. The only reasonable explanation I can imagine is that they did not played Call of Duty World at War. & 4 those who did not played - believe me guyz - You DON'T know what the hell is if U did not played it on Veteran.

Anyways, back to the FUBAR - I think this is the best balanced super-hard difficulty level I've ever played. It is hard & sometimes very hard, but never cheap, if U use all means U've got at your disposal. 4 example - I only used a few tips from the guide about FUBAR playthrough hardpoints, because I sometimes found those points not that hard when done my way. Don't always rely on the guide, try to experiment

Just to clear some things - I'm not writing this to show off, or say that someone's lame etc. I just wanted to tell U guyz not to panic because all those dreadful opinions. I almost allways play games without Multiplayer, because I get owned by ppl right after any respawn & don't like it because of that :) So in terms of MP, which many consider as a real measure of player skill - I'm a n00b, but I realy like hard SP games & with this limited skill I've stormed through FUBAR in about 2,5 evening.

& about all those comparison, let's put it this way :

- It is MUCH harder then UNCHARTED's on Crushing. I've almost never used the "Uncharted corner glitch"<which made Uncharted nuch easyer> cause' it does not work very often here & U can end up wasting valuable ammo

- It is MUCH easyer than CoD World at War or CoD Classic. There are no cheap-spots like infinite spawns here. Sure, team members will get downed from time to time, but only if U rely on them too much. If u take active part of the action, not trying to wait it out, they'll get down much less. No grenade spams here too, enemies will throw them from time to time, but U can allways find a safe spot to evacuate*

Some tips for FUBAR that I did not saw anywhere here :

*important tip about grenade indicator - when the grenade icon is red - the proximity is lethal, but if it's white, stay where U are, because U're safe from the blast.

About leaning from cover - allways try to lean from a corner <left or right> and try to avoid leaning upwards, cause U get exposed for enemies all around, and corner lean only leaves the enemy limited fire range.

I know it might sound crazy, but even rushing works well sometimes. Many well placed oponents often concentrate on your team-mates, while U can avoid the rest that target You. As I said before - don't be afraid to experiment, even with ideas that might sound very brave :)

After MAX PAYNE 3 I think this is a best action game of the year 2012, and this plat was very pleasant to do. It makes u fell U really earned it & deserve it. Something I remeber back from the days, after geting my Mirrors Edge Plat :) Just don't get discouraged.

PS: feel free to express Your opinions & share Your tips about FUBAR here, let's have at least 1 non-frightening FUBAR thread in here :)

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you've mentioned haha. These were my exact thoughts when I was playing through FUBAR. One thing I don't agree with is saying this game was much harder than Uncharted games Crushing. I actually thought they were on par. If anything, this was easier with how good your partners' AI was, provided you use them properly of course.

But yeah, I actually had a lot of in playing this game than I expected to. Definitely an underrated title this year. Very enjoyable game to (P).

Yeah I agree with you, like I said in the guide its difficult but not in a cheap way. No infinite spawns, no grenade spam. At no point do you feel like its impossible. At no point did I feel overwhelmed and frustrated (except for maybe a few minutes at the beginning of Ch. 6). It has a good balance. The game was a very pleasant surprise, Its tied for my favorite game of the year with Asura's Wrath.

Edited by M-Easy

Yeah I agree with you, like I said in the guide its difficult but not in a cheap way. No infinite spawns, no grenade spam. At no point do you feel like its impossible. At no point did I feel overwhelmed and frustrated (except for maybe a few minutes at the beginning of Ch. 6). It has a good balance.

I used some of the strategies from your guide's FUBAR section. Especially on the chapter 6 which U mention <the 1 when U're alone with just a pistol> - to tell You the truth, I combined Your strategy with a shit-load of luck :)

Here's exactly how I done it - may save a lot of time for those who did not complete it yet, so I suggest to check it out guyz! ;)

After obtaining shotgun, grenades & killing some guys out of cover on the right <U can get more kills than shots fired here!> + 1 grenade thrown, I returned to the starting point <car> which is refered as "Our Alamo" in the guide ;) killed about 2-3 guyz on the right & on the container <when they drop down to the ground lvl, they are defensles, it's a perfect window for attack, blind fire is also great here, as the enemies are VERY close now> then, when I saw enemies grouping & running around on the left side of the yard, I threw 1 grenade directly at the back of a car wreckage <ricochet on to the ground> & all that was left, was 2 sand-stunned guyz, just waiting to be shot :) <my grenade must have taken out at least 5 or more guyz!> spent only about 15-20 minutes in this place :) talking about luck...

The game was a very pleasant surprise, Its tied for my favorite game of the year with Asura's Wrath.

I totaly agree, the story sucks you in & U just want to see what happens next, atmospfhere is a unique sandy-hellish-dark & brutal, the gameplay, although it's a standart cover-shooter, is very decent too. I only liked Max Payne III more, out of 2012 gamez :) <well, also liked MGS HD Collection more, but that does not count as a new game>

BTW very good guide :applause: Used it mostly for FUBAR, accuracy & 3-chapter-no-death trophies though, as rest of the trophies just popped on me without even trying, but I'm allways impressed on the amount of work You guyz put in those guides & they appear so fast after the games release...

http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

Well I have to agree with the original thread poster, FUBAR is easy, if you got through suicide then FUBAR is a cake walk as you now when and were things will appear. As for the garage people are complaining about, I got through that first time. The only real problem is the fucking stupid run section in chapter 6.

I think the average gamer will struggle with FUBAR. I consider myself an average gamer. I tried WAW on veteran, couldn't beat it, never tried KZ2 on Elite.

I think gamers that are able to beat the games I mentioned would find FUBAR to be easy. With Uncharted, the controls are tighter and you don't worry about AI teammates. With Spec Ops, there were a few times where your AI partners would just run headfirst into gunfire without me directing them there.

FUBAR is possible, I was able to do it, but I was definitely stuck at a few checkpoints. The checkpoint system is good. Also I was motivated to push through because it was all I needed for platinum, unlike with say WAW, where I was just testing my skill level.

I think the average gamer will struggle with FUBAR. I consider myself an average gamer. I tried WAW on veteran, couldn't beat it, never tried KZ2 on Elite.

I think gamers that are able to beat the games I mentioned would find FUBAR to be easy. With Uncharted, the controls are tighter and you don't worry about AI teammates. With Spec Ops, there were a few times where your AI partners would just run headfirst into gunfire without me directing them there.

FUBAR is possible, I was able to do it, but I was definitely stuck at a few checkpoints. The checkpoint system is good. Also I was motivated to push through because it was all I needed for platinum, unlike with say WAW, where I was just testing my skill level.

Gotta agree with the checkpoints. They are pretty friendly for a hard playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, I hate the Uncharted series for the crushing difficulties for the platinum. I just can't platinum those games.

This, on the other hand, was much easier to obtain. The length obviously helped, but I just feel the level design is so superior that you'll usually have a great place to hold your ground against enemies and flankers. That being said, there are times when the cover system really screws you in with it's sticky behavior.

I very much agree with everything you've said. Finding strategies are what really helped me in each level, as you'll always find enemies coming from the same places at an exact time, with the same behaviors. The elite enemies really are annoying once you encounter them, as they are total bullet sponges.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread, I'm gonna give the game a rent. I remember reading about W@W difficulty and being pretty worried, but I gave it a go and had platinum 8 days after starting, playing only 2-3 hours each day. I guess some people find different things harder than others, for example I find the higher difficulties of FIFA pretty hard, whereas most people I know can annhilate the opposition on any level.

• 3 weeks later...

The platinum is at almost 20% right now so that alone makes me think that FUBAR is greatly exaggerated. I've never seen a shooter with that high of a platinum % that was over a 5/10 difficulty. I can't comment for sure but based on the numbers, there's either gotta be a widespread hack or a lot of people that played it aren't experienced shooter players.

Also is there some kind of difficulty glitch? I see people finishing the game on FUBAR 4 hours after they finished the game on suicide mission difficulty. Seems incredibly fast to finish a game on the highest difficulty.

Edited by mattybell2117

• 4 weeks later...

Am still on it, one thing I find seriously annoying and cheap is that enemies can randomly one-shot kill me. Full health, in cover, I aim quickly and BANG, one bullet taken, "You Died", Checkpoint. ("What?! That far behind?!")

That's really cheap. Other than that, I haven't noticed much difference from Suicidal Mission yet, because on both settings, getting shot at will get you killed pretty much immediately, doesn't really matter whether it takes 1s or 1.5s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I got this from PS+ a few months ago. I finished it on the easiest difficulty, loved it, then put it away. A month ago I platinum'd CoD:W@W after reading that it's one of the hardest games to plat - and it had few MP trophies (not a fan of MP trophies). That plat was hard because that game is cheesy, but I thought the veteran Spec Ops in MW2 and MW3 was harder. Uncharted's Crushing is not hard apart from the boss in U2.

I figured I would give a go at Spec Ops The Line's platinum trophy after reading that it's not as hard as CoD:W@W. I'm playing on Suicidal right now and it's weirdly easier than Walk On The Beach. I'm not dying nearly as much as I did before. I keep checking the difficulty to make sure I'm still on Suicidal. If, as most people say, FUBAR isn't much harder than Suicidal then this will be among the easier platinum trophies I've obtained.