You have died multiple times.....

kfree7

• 10 months later...
Feels like I'm getting spammed by being asked on Fubar chapter 6 the pit. Been asked 4x about lower level of difficulty. :p

Yeah I am at that point right now - just getting killed like crazy and only on hard difficulty...I don't even want to attempt FUBAR if its even more ridiculously difficult than this!

Ha - maybe on hard I can do it, still getting destroyed in some parts. At the start of Ch. 11 now...slow going. But hey, since I have died at least 200 times, I've already got all but one of the weapon kills trophies!

Watch some of the YouTube videos. But you have to camp like crazy to kill some of those AI bastards.

Ha - maybe on hard I can do it, still getting destroyed in some parts. At the start of Ch. 11 now...slow going. But hey, since I have died at least 200 times, I've already got all but one of the weapon kills trophies!

I thought the same thing when I played this on suicide Mission.. I then blew through it on Fubar.Hard gave me way more issues then fubar did because you dont know what to expect. Your gonna die alot on Fubar but mainly on 3-4 parts. I beat Ch6 1st try on fubar only parts I hated were the mandatory Turret sections. Youll be surprised what parts you wont have probs with on fubar. Good Luck

OP- The fact that it asked that question gave me a rage I can not put in words LOL. Plus the fact my heart used to drop cause after I died I mashed buttons and would be worried I lowered the difficulty LOL.

I am playing FUBAR on a very relaxed pace. I am starting chapter 5 or 6 when ever I decide to pick it back up. I read a lot of people say take your time with it and if it starts getting to you put it down and come back to it. Suicide was not all that bad, it had a few parts that would make a nun curse but what can you do?

I gave up on Hard during that Jugg mission with your injured buddy. I watched tons of videos and I still couldn't beat it after dozens of tries. Finally I just gave up and decided to try it another time. No way will I be trying this on FUBAR. Hard tests my patience enough.

Same problem but on Fubar tried everything a million times almost gave up... hardest part of Fubar IMO.. Then I tried the long concrete wall to the right if your facing the enemies. you can just stay behind there and slowly pick them off and the wall is long enough to Avoid all spammed grenades;) Worked for me you should give it a shot.

I gave up on Hard during that Jugg mission with your injured buddy. I watched tons of videos and I still couldn't beat it after dozens of tries. Finally I just gave up and decided to try it another time. No way will I be trying this on FUBAR. Hard tests my patience enough.

If you mean the start of Ch 13 right after the helo crash, I see what you mean. This is insane...the grenades make it impossible to stay in cover, the second you move you get shot up. I've gotten the 'do you want to lower difficulty' message 5 times. I think this is the end of my hard run, going to have to lower difficulty. The cover system is really finicky - I end up running out into the open because swap rarely ever works.

/edit: FINALLY - holy smokes that was tough..hard run is still intact :p

Edited by Randall Flagg

• 1 month later...

God I hate when games do this. At least the default choice for the question is 'no' so I don't have to worry about accidentally lowering it mid-playthrough.

Only really had it pop up during the start of ch.6, the garage fight in ch.10 and the turret sequence in ch.11 though. Other than that it's been pretty simple on Suicide. Still got FUBAR to go, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

... funny how it's so easy to switch the "subtitles" on or off... they could have done the same for "adjust difficulty message" with an on and off option as well...

I just finished "re-playing" the game in my main-account. The second Suicide playthorugh was quicker this time and with about 80% less deaths compared to when I played it the first time... probably due to having familiarised myself with the game on multiple playthroughs? Perhaps...

I just hope that when I do FUBAR past the first chapter, I wouldn't have to die a lot. I know it's a long shot and most likely not happening... I just wish that I'd get lucky with a generous AI for some reason :)

I think the problems I'd be experiencing on FUBAR are the grenade spams. In "walk in the park", they barely threw frags at me which was why I didn't get the Preventive Diplomacy trophy on my easy-playthrough.

EDIT: Now that I'm playing FUBAR and got stuck for some time in chapter 6 (The Pit), I really really (and I mean) REALLY wish I could turn that darn "lower-difficulty-screen" off!

Edited by Naps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems like the "Would you like to lower the difficulty?" prompt appears after every five deaths on a single checkpoint. My record is five prompts (25 deaths) on the Stealing Water mission. Cheap deaths. I hate them. Don't ask me if I want to lower the difficulty - ask yourself how to design a better game, Yager.

• 2 years later...