First impressions

Niels

Very interesting story. It is not a standard military shooter in that respect. I loved the ending and I loved all the nuance and small bits of foreshadowing. Very cool ending(s).

Not a great looking game.

Pretty short.

I think 60 bucks is steep for it if you aren't renting and it will likely drop like a rock in price.

Very interesting story. It is not a standard military shooter in that respect. I loved the ending and I loved all the nuance and small bits of foreshadowing. Very cool ending(s).

Not a great looking game.

Pretty short.

I think 60 bucks is steep for it if you aren't renting and it will likely drop like a rock in price.

Yeah the ending was awesome. I did no see that coming.

Yeah... what is the multiplayer like online, does anyone know? One of the reviews said it is total gash, which has annoyed me a little because multiplayer was the main reason i was going to get this game because it sounded quite taktikal the 4v4 matches the way they advertised it.

I'm trying it right now. I'll give my thoughts after I finish the match.

Edit: So, I just finished my first match. Everything ran smoothly and it was pretty fun, but it felt really bland. The mid-match sandstorms are a pretty neat feature, though.

At least on the map I played on, the player count felt way too small. They should have bumped that up a bit.

The default movement speed seems a bit slow for my liking. Wish it was a bit faster.

Zip lines are cool, but I wish you could drop from them at any point. You have to wait until you reach the other side before it lets you off. This makes you a very vulnerable target.

I'm not a huge fan of third-person multiplayer shooters, mainly because of cover systems, but this one isn't too bad I guess. A bit bland and empty, though. There's some decent customization to be had, at least.

Edited by Brandon_2535

Has anyone tried the multiplayer yet? I'm curious if it's any fun or not. Hopefully, it's at least stable and playable. I prefer finishing campaigns before heading online, so that's why I'm asking. I'm almost done with the campaign, though. Maybe I'll see some of you online!

There aren't any MP trophies unless they add DLC so whats the point playing multiplayer. My 3 playthroughs should keep me entertained for a while anyways.

From looking around, I am about 10 minutes from the end (Had to stop last night, bloody WIFE!)

I love it. The gameplay is solid, but the story.

MY GOD

The story is just amazing.

Once the whole "Heart of darkness" thing kicks in it's just a complete mind fuck and I love it, but feel terrible at the same time.

Playing it on Suicide Mission, I'm dying a fair amount, and towards the end when the checkpoint is reloading, it starts throwing shit like "This is all your fault", "Do you feel like a hero yet?" and "If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here"

So fucked up, so trippy, and it's just awesome.

I was planning on platting the game and selling it on, But I think this is gonna be one I'll replay occassionally. Really good, I can't recommend it enough, and I haven't even finished it yet!

I love this game. There are random difficulty spikes in certain areas, but I then just attack it with a different strategy. It's extremely tactical because you can issue orders to your squadmates (something that I think Uncharted could pick up). The story is very strong, and I love setting. It's my favorite game so far this year. =)

I really like the game so far. The only thing I dislike is the loading screen after you die. Seems to take forever. I know the best way to cure this is by not dieing. But sometimes that cant be helped. I really hate it if you keep getting your butt kicked in the same spot and have died like 5 times in a row. Its like ok why do you have to reload the deal, we where just here 2 mins ago.

All the commercials they were showing for it, that's all i saw and it just looked like a cod game..

I love how once every new shooter game is revealed, someone just has to compare it to CoD... regardless if it's third person or first person. This is nothing like CoD.

I have really enjoyed it so far, good writing, setting, story, twists and I felt an emotional attachment to Nathan Drake. Which brings me to the biggest negative, he sounds exactly like Nathan Drake i know it is Nolan North but c'mon. I feel the changing landscape could have been incorporated more but still enjoyable and fresh. Lives up to what I expected when I first saw it and have wanted it since then.

To add on to the reload screen ... when we die a certain amount of times in a row, it asks us if we want to change the difficulty. I hate that. xD There are difficulty-based trophies, and I know that I'm in for a fight ... stop patronizing me, game!

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I didnt die that many time to get that til where I am at right now. Yeah I know what you mean. I tried on the reg difficulty a couple chapters then said ok time to kick it up.

I went into this game not expecting anything great at all really.. :think:

But I must say, I was really suprised at what I found in this game so far. The story is fantastic and the choices you make actually have some real weight behind them.

A welcome change from the gung ho, John Rambo, one man army games. :applause: :applause: