FUBAR difficulty HOLY S***

Harky2099

Well guys just beat "hard difficulty" last night and decided to start my FUBAR run this morning and all I can say is WOW. The spike in difficulty is astronomical compared to "hard" and for me is f***ing impossible. Any tips to help conquer this game will be much appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no way dude the games not that easy unless you purposely play recklessly. Use your team mates attack command as much as possible and stay in cover. Also, the ammo is scarce so dont pick favorites. If you low on ammo, pick up anything thats around because it sucks checkpointing with no ammo for anything

I honestly didn't notice any spike in difficulty from Suicide Mission to FUBAR. As long as you stay in cover and use your teammates wisely you should be good. It's not as hard as CoD Veteran and that's wasn't even that difficult.

I guess it just depends on skill level than. I hate to take it there, but over in the xbox world, Im not really considered one of the skilled ones; im usually getting carried by other people. And I had no problems at all on FUBAR. It just has difficult parts. Its not consistently difficult

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

lol think what you want. It's mostly poor level design and checkpoints. I go in to a kill box with 25 shells and have to fight through hordes of guys with almost a zero chance of getting ammo without getting shot.

Never had anything close to these problems on basically every other hardest difficulty.

Also the need to 'heal' your partners is an absolute pointless gameplay mechanic. Adds nothing to the experience but frustration. I'm penalized because of dumb AI.

Edited by jamesdevil

Ok I'm flying thru on fubar until chapter 6. How do you get past the little bird shooting at you!?!?!?

To me this is a stupid part of the game, if you die with just 2 shots from a fixed gun how are you supposed to survive this, I see that the guns have a v shape when firing and it helps trying to get in betwwen the arc of the two guns but its all luck in the end, you cant even stop to cover, this should have been seen as a cutscene in all difficulties. Dont do what the fubar guide tells you as the cone of fire gets you killed too quickly

To me this is a stupid part of the game, if you die with just 2 shots from a fixed gun how are you supposed to survive this, I see that the guns have a v shape when firing and it helps trying to get in betwwen the arc of the two guns but its all luck in the end, you cant even stop to cover, this should have been seen as a cutscene in all difficulties. Dont do what the fubar guide tells you as the cone of fire gets you killed too quickly

I don't understand what your saying here. Your saying we should time the running to get between the V but you cant control anything, once you start running you're at the mercy of the game. If you can explain what you mean and it works I can add it to the guide.

I would say this game on FUBAR is harder than Eat Lead, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Dead to Rights: Retribution.

The controls are off. L3 makes you crouch, so when I start to run from a grenade I often crouch accidentally. Enemies have homing grenades. Your AI teammates often run into lines of fire. When you heal them you go into a slow motion sequence which means death.

I have died countless times at a handful of checkpoints, its my 3rd playthrough but I really like the game. The story mode is only about 4 hours long.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/blevensp.png

I'm fucking shitting myself for this

Suicide Mission wasn't too bad, but it had a couple of really nasty difficulty spikes and some real asshole like checkpoints.

Gonna take a quick crack at lollipop chainsaw, and maybe a little BF3 double XP and come back to FUBAR difficulty after a break.

Love the game though. Can't wait to play it again.

I'm just not looking forward to being ass raped by the difficulty

I'm fucking shitting myself for this

Suicide Mission wasn't too bad, but it had a couple of really nasty difficulty spikes and some real asshole like checkpoints.

Gonna take a quick crack at lollipop chainsaw, and maybe a little BF3 double XP and come back to FUBAR difficulty after a break.

Love the game though. Can't wait to play it again.

I'm just not looking forward to being ass raped by the difficulty

FUBAR is brutal. it can be done wit a lot of patience and sum luck. I'm a gamer of average skill but managed it. I died over 30 times at more than a dozen checkpoints though.

FUBAR is brutal. it can be done wit a lot of patience and sum luck. I'm a gamer of average skill but managed it. I died over 30 times at more than a dozen checkpoints though.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it.

It's been a while since I had a challenging game that didn't feel cheap. So I'll do it, maybe I'll nheed something to punch next to me!

I don't understand what your saying here. Your saying we should time the running to get between the V but you cant control anything, once you start running you're at the mercy of the game. If you can explain what you mean and it works I can add it to the guide.

Didnt mean to have a dig at you about the fubar guide for this part:o,most of it has helped me except that part, like you say its luck based but going left towards the chopper didnt work for me personally as the the guns arc was smaller (surely the guns on the chopper shouldnt fire like this \/ away from each other anyway, as they are mounted parallel to each other and should fire like this ll)in the end i stayed in the middle when running and hopefully kept the right guns bullets behind me and swing into the stairs as soon as, just dont die in the next part as you have to start from the beginning of the checkpoint:madD

Edited by xhair

• 5 months later...

Can ANYONE please tell me how to beat the final section of chapter 12? I keep shooting like crazy at the [spoiler=12chop]radio tower, I take out the enemies, I shoot the generators ... "You Died". I have no clue what's going on and no guide explains what to do there. I'm so tired of this and ... wow, why is there no checkpoint, having to replay the whole helicopter flight section there only to die at its end for unknown reasons every single effing time is beyond annoying.

But, noooo, video games don't make us aggressive and violent ...^^

Edit: I swear, the internet is cursed. I tried this so often and then, right after posting this, it works like a charm. And I don't even know why. WTH? Ugh, no it's chapter 13 time ... *shivers*

Edited by SoPoF

• 2 months later...
Can ANYONE please tell me how to beat the final section of chapter 12? I keep shooting like crazy at the [spoiler=12chop]radio tower, I take out the enemies, I shoot the generators ... "You Died". I have no clue what's going on and no guide explains what to do there. I'm so tired of this and ... wow, why is there no checkpoint, having to replay the whole helicopter flight section there only to die at its end for unknown reasons every single effing time is beyond annoying.

But, noooo, video games don't make us aggressive and violent ...^^

Edit: I swear, the internet is cursed. I tried this so often and then, right after posting this, it works like a charm. And I don't even know why. WTH? Ugh, no it's chapter 13 time ... *shivers*

It's rather easy I think.

At first (Walker: circle around the pool) you shoot the turret on the stage (Explosion)

Then when you fly down and get back up again you basically stare at a turret, focus your fire on this

Then you fly around and there is another turret.

(Until then i didn't really care for the other soldiers running around since they always get killed in the explosions from destroying turrets)

When you get to the glass part of the tower you basically just have to kill every soldier on these levels, sometimes you miss one. When they were all dead i fired an the bottom (don't know if this did anything)

Hope this helps, i did it this way on FUBAR and it was surprisingly easy compared to other parts of the game

I finished up my Fubar run the other night and can agree that it is tough. Probably me but, I find the CoD's on vet harder, that's just me though because I enjoy 3rd person over 1st person shooters. None the less best advise I can give is to take your time while playing. Luckily there aren't any infinate spawn points so you can relaxe and slowly take enemys out one by one. Always try to get team to focus on guys closer to you so they don't have to run far ahead of you to get shots. Next tip is ammo conservation, make your shots count and if you can, always use burst fire over full auto. These may be obvious tips to a lot of players but they are important on making games easier. And with most games, sometimes luck plays a part, just keep trying. Sometimes taking a little break can help too.

I just dont get the point from the programmers point of view. "We WILL kill you!" or what? I'm not dying because im a bad player, I'm dying because you die when someone shoot 1 bullet to you from a pistol on foobar.

I'm kind of in the same boat -- average skill on top of which I have never played a military style shooter before this.

It took me 2 1/2 hours to get to the middle of chapter 5 last night, and areas that I passed through easy on my first two playthroughs, I'm getting killed 5-6 times until I figure out a strategy or get lucky with my AI companions.

Right now I'm stuck at the part where you first get the Scout Tactical sniper and drop down to that big area. I don't have enough time to set my aim on the distant snipers before getting killed myself, and of course the AI guys are dying on me every 5 seconds as enemies rush our cover.

It's beginning to feel like a punishing slog, and I'm not sure if I'm up to dying 30 times to get through some of the harder checkpoints later in the game.:whiteflag:

Kudos to the pro-gamers who aren't exaggerating when they claim FUBAR wasn't a big problem for them.